Chat Once Upon a Time!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chat Once Upon a Time!

Welcome to Chat Once Upon a Time!, a chat site dedicated to the ABC hit show Once Upon a Time. This site aims to provide fellow Oncer fans a place to openly discuss & share anything & everything OUAT!

TIP: The chatbox is ONLY viewable to members. Try registering as a member if you would like to join our live chats every Sunday starting at 8:00 pm EST!!! magicprice

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatOUaT Tweets

Quickies!

Charming/David Nolan Suggestionbox01 Charming/David Nolan Howtos

Charming/David Nolan VisitSB

Charming/David Nolan EclecticsSpoilers Charming/David Nolan EsSpoilChat

Charming/David Nolan Sitemap02

Charming/David Nolan Abcsite001

Get Ready to RUMPLE!!!

Poll

who do you think Lilly's Father is?
Charming/David Nolan I_vote_lcap31%Charming/David Nolan I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
Charming/David Nolan I_vote_lcap8%Charming/David Nolan I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Charming/David Nolan I_vote_lcap15%Charming/David Nolan I_vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
Charming/David Nolan I_vote_lcap0%Charming/David Nolan I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Charming/David Nolan I_vote_lcap31%Charming/David Nolan I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

OUaT Tweet Time

Charming/David Nolan

Huntsman (mod)
    Huntsman (mod)

Charming/David Nolan Empty Charming/David Nolan

Post by Huntsman (mod)

Charming/David Nolan Charming_DavidNolan

Birthname: Unknown
    FTL Persona: Charming
    Storybrooke Persona: David Nolan
    Nickname or Pseudonyms: Charming; Prince James (impersonating his deceased twin); Gramps
    Born: In Fairytale Land - Somewhere between 25-35 years prior to The Curse.
    Death: Alive
    Characteristics: Charming - heroic, brave, honorable. David - wuss, confused
    Fairytale Origin: Snow White
    Memorable quote(s): "I will always find you"
    "I would rather die than let you fill your heart with darkness."

Major Mysteries or Questions: What is his real name?

TopicFairyTale Land/Other World Storybrooke/OurWorld
    SpousesSnow WhiteKathryn Nolan
    Significant Other(s)Snow WhiteMary Margaret
    MotherRuthN/A
    Fathername unknown - deceasedN/A
    ChildrenEmmaEmma
    OccupationShepherd;Dragon Slayer; Crown PrinceWorked for a vetinarian/animal shelter
    Sexual EncountersSnow WhiteMary Margaret; Kathryn Nolan
    Short Biography:

Prince Charming grew up as a shepherd on a farm with his mother, Ruth. He was born a twin, but his parents gave his twin, James, to Rumplestiltskin who dealt him to King George. When James was killed, Charming is forced to take his place as King George's son leaving his mother and home behind forever. Upon defeating the dragon menacing King Midas's kingdom, he was engaged to his duaghter,Abigail. While bringing Abigail back to King George's kingdom, he is robbed by Snow White. She takes his only treasure, a ring given to him by his mother on their parting. He finds Snow's hideout and traps her, this is when she names him Charming. He tells her if she gets his ring back from the trolls she sold it to, he'll let her have the rest of what she stole to help her get out of the Evil Queen's kingdom. They defeat the trolls and reluctantly go their separate ways. Not long before his wedding, Charming realizes he can't deny his love for Snow and asks her to come to him if she feels the same. She comes, but is forced to lie and tells Charming she never loved him. He decides he cannot marry a woman he doesn't love and leaves the castle. King George has his men pursue him, but Abigail finds him first. She tells him she loves someone else, but her true love is cursed. Charming defeats the siren of Lake Nostos to break the curse on Frederick. Charming is determined to find Snow White, but when he finds her she has taken a Forgetfulness Potion. After he stops her from killing the Evil Queen and becoming evil herself, she remembers him and her love, but it's too late and King George's men capture Charming. Regina convinces King George to let her use Charming to trap Snow White. Regina is successful and Snow takes a bite of a poisoned apple. Regina orders Charming killed, but The Huntsman helps him escape. Regina tries to trap Charming in the Infinite Forest, but Rumplestiltskin, after fighting with Charming, strikes a deal with him. Charming has to get Malificient (in dragon form) to swallow an ornate egg containing the True Love potion and then Rumplestiltskin will give back Ruth's ring (which he stole) and help him get to Snow White - again. Charming succeeds with the egg and goes to find Snow. He finds the dwarves mourning at her glass coffin and asks them to let him kiss her one more time. As he does she wakes up and a shadow over the land is lifted. They become engaged and vow "to take back the kingdom." They are married, but the Evil Queen crashes the wedding and vows to curse them and take away all the happy endings. Charming and Snow help Cinderella and Prince Thomas capture Rumplestiltskin so they can keep their first born child. Not long afterwards, Snow and Charming visit Rumplestiltskin in jail to ask how they can prevent the Evil Queen's curse. He tells them their unborn child, Emma, is the key. A war council is set up and a wardrobe is carved from an enchanted tree that will send Emma into our world as long as she is put in before the curse strikes. As the Evil Queen unleashes the curse, Snow White gives birth to Emma, and Charming fights his way through the Queen's soldiers to put newborn Emma into the wardrobe. The last thing he sees before losing consciousness his the soldiers opening the doors of the empty wardrobe. Charming smiles and everything goes black for him.

In Storybrooke, Charming is brought out of a coma by Mary Margaret (Snow White). He instantly feels a connection to her and they fall in love, despite his amnesia. However, Regina suddenly "discovers" his identity, David Nolan, and his wife, Kathryn Nolan (Princess Abigail). Kathryn tries to get him to remember his Storybrooke "life", while he and Mary Margaret continue their affair. Eventually, David "remembers" after seeing a windmill that used to be in his front yard in Mr. Gold's (Rumplestiltskin's) pawn shop. He tries to make a life with Kathryn, but soon realizes he only has feelings for Snow White. They agree that David should tell Kathryn the truth, but he chickens out, resulting in a public scandal. Kathryn leaves David, but disappears. Mary Margaret is accused of her murder, and in the face of overwhelming evidence David has a moment of doubt concerning Mary Margaret's innocence. She has trouble forgiving him for this upon her acquittal, and he begins to try to win her back. When the curse breaks, David remembers himself as Charming and he and Snow embrace. They are still embraced as a purple cloud engulfs Storybrooke.

With the curse broken, Charming and Snow happily reunite with their friends. The reunion with their daughter, Emma, though isn't as smooth. Emma is reluctant to truly embrace the fact that these are her parents and Charming encourages giving Emma some time and room to mull it over. When Snow and Emma disappear through a portal back to FTL, Charming is left in Storybrooke. He takes charge of the town, becoming sheriff, and also takes charge of Henry, his "new" grandson.

Charming/David Nolan SleepingCurse

Charming/David Nolan Once-characters101

Played By: Josh Dallas

Charming/David Nolan Twitter Charming/David Nolan Facebook Charming/David Nolan IMDb

Share this post on: reddit

Ranna156

Post Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:48 pm by Ranna156

Still have to wonder what Charming thinks of Regina trying to make out with him that one time...haha
    Ranna156

Post Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:44 pm by Ranna156

and another person succumbs to the sleeping curse! Although i am a little confused on how Henry & Aurora could get burned even though people couldn't even touch each other since they weren't really there...
    Ranna156

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:23 pm by Ranna156

cuddlyasatiger wrote:Yea the sword Charming uses to slay the dragon was definitely not gold. I can't remember - doesn't he pull a sword from one of the toasted soldiers to kill the dragon? That might be where he got it.

actually it was the gold sword...i just went and looked at the slide show...however I don't think the sword he uses later on is gold...and I don't think the sword Emma was shown was gold either...

here is a picture taken with it...

Charming/David Nolan OnceUponaTimeS01E06HDTVXviD-LOL0665
    cuddlyasatiger

Post Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:43 am by cuddlyasatiger

Yea the sword Charming uses to slay the dragon was definitely not gold. I can't remember - doesn't he pull a sword from one of the toasted soldiers to kill the dragon? That might be where he got it.
    LZenOUT

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:44 am by LZenOUT

cuddlyasatiger wrote:Midas turns the sword to gold before Charming kills the dragon "A taste of what is to come" - or something like that
    I can't help but think that Daddy Dearest would have confiscated that one and given poser son a different one. Gold can't cut through anything, no less the neck of a dragon. But, they may have taken great literary liberties.
    cuddlyasatiger

Post Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:00 am by cuddlyasatiger

Midas turns the sword to gold before Charming kills the dragon "A taste of what is to come" - or something like that
    Ranna156

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:50 pm by Ranna156

that is true too...but then I would think that there is something special about his sword since Gold gave it to Emma to fight the dragon with...

hmmm...the only sword I can think of is Excalibur but didn't last nights episode pretty much confirm he can't be Arthur?
    LZenOUT

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:36 pm by LZenOUT

I can't imagine a sword made from gold would be any darn good for anything other than hanging on a wall as a trophy. Gold is too soft to be useful as a weapon. Hopefully - they used that to put food on the table and used a real weapon to fight with.
    Ranna156

Post Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:26 pm by Ranna156

so when PC kills the dragon Midas turns his sword into a golden sword...but every time I see PC with a sword after that (or even when Emma uses it) it doesn't look gold to me. Is he using a different sword or can anyone tell if it is still that gold sword?
    Ranna156

Post Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:03 am by Ranna156

Last edited by Ranna156 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:22 pm