Chat Once Upon a Time!

Welcome to Chat Once Upon a Time!, a chat site dedicated to the ABC hit show Once Upon a Time. This site aims to provide fellow Oncer fans a place to openly discuss & share anything & everything OUAT!

TIP: The chatbox is ONLY viewable to members. Try registering as a member if you would like to join our live chats every Sunday starting at 8:00 pm EST!!! magicprice

August 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatOUaT Tweets

Quickies!

Get Ready to RUMPLE!!!

Poll

who do you think Lilly's Father is?
31% 31% [ 4 ]
8% 8% [ 1 ]
15% 15% [ 2 ]
8% 8% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
8% 8% [ 1 ]
31% 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

OUaT Tweet Time

Fairytale/Grimm Connection - Forest - about

Ranna156

Fairytale/Grimm Connection - Forest - about

Post by Ranna156

This passage is from the book 'The Brothers Grimm From Enchanted Forests to the Modern World' by Jack Zipes.

Inevitably they find their way into the forest. It is there that they lose and find themselves. It is there that they gain a sense of what is to be done. The forest is always large, immense, great, and mysterious. No one ever gains power over the forest, but the forest possesses the power to change lives and alter destinies. In many ways it is the supreme authority on earth and often the great provider. It is not only Hansel and Gretel, who get lost in the forest and then return wiser and fulfilled.

link back to 'connection' guide:
    http://www.chatouat.com/t188-fairytale-grimm-connection-guide

Last edited by Ranna156 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:56 am; edited 4 times in total

Magic is Coming Dragon
    Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Post on Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:24 am by Ranna156

you know i don't think i ever saw the disney version of Snow White...had a disney book of a bunch of 'fairytales' when i was a kid...but i never saw the movie that I recall!

Post on Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:09 am by cuddlyasatiger

"No one ever gains power over the forest" I wonder what this might mean for Regina (what are you doing in MY forest)...

She seems to use the forest more as a tool though. So far she can't order the trees and rocks to move.

Though the evil queen in Disney's was killed by a boulder in the forest.

Post on Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:16 am by Ranna156

wow i don't even know what to say about this one! NO FREAKING WONDER there is so much emphasis on trees and forests!

I absolutely LOVE this passage by the way!

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:19 am