Chat Once Upon a Time!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chat Once Upon a Time!

Welcome to Chat Once Upon a Time!, a chat site dedicated to the ABC hit show Once Upon a Time. This site aims to provide fellow Oncer fans a place to openly discuss & share anything & everything OUAT!

TIP: The chatbox is ONLY viewable to members. Try registering as a member if you would like to join our live chats every Sunday starting at 8:00 pm EST!!! magicprice

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatOUaT Tweets

Quickies!

Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 Suggestionbox01 Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 Howtos

Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 VisitSB

Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 EclecticsSpoilers Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 EsSpoilChat

Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 Sitemap02

Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 Abcsite001

Get Ready to RUMPLE!!!

Poll

who do you think Lilly's Father is?
Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 I_vote_lcap31%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 I_vote_lcap8%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 I_vote_lcap15%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 I_vote_lcap8%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 I_vote_lcap31%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

OUaT Tweet Time

+5
LZenOUT
obsessedwithOUAT
cuddlyasatiger
Shekinel
Ranna156
9 posters

Who is Dr. Whale

Poll

Who do you think Dr. Whale is?

[ 0 ]
    Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 I_vote_lcap18%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [18%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 I_vote_lcap6%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [6%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 I_vote_lcap41%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [41%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 I_vote_lcap18%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [18%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 I_vote_lcap17%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [17%] 
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 17
    Poll closed
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 Empty Who is Dr. Whale

Post by Ranna156 Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

I thought we had this topic going...or a poll...but i don't see one so i am going to start it...again...lol

I am sticking with Dr.Jekyll/Mr.Hyde although Prince Eric would take a close second (from the little mermaid).

can't remember all the theories on this one...so give me more and i will add them!dragon

Last edited by Ranna156 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Who is Dr. Whale - Page 4 Empty Re: Who is Dr. Whale

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:11 pm

Another reason I think one of us is right: I can't find our conversations about Whale where either J/H OR Frankenstein is mentioned. I've gone back almost 5 months if anyone else cares enough to try to find them (at the old ABC board) but I think they were deleted.
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:11 pm

Forget it. I've chased my tail for days on this guy. I think the thing about 6 in 10k is to throw us off. I said Frankenstein in my theories post and I'm going to stick to it. Forget gingerbread and piper and all that jazz. Even the angry mob in Broken fits with it. Frankenstein. Not my first guess way back, but definitely one from months ago.
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:04 pm

eclectic1 wrote:Ok...I'm changing my original vote...I'm leaning towards Dr Frankenstein now. Which, if true...will be a BIG WOW!!! Shocked Wink

I'm going to be annoyed if he's Frankenstein. Not going to lie. I said it months ago. Months. I heard someone toss it out (so granted, not my original thoght) and did a little back checking and it made sense (the name of one of the story writers, Dr., poor behavior, etc.). It's somewhere on the ABC board and it's on my theories page, and the only.... ONLY reason I strayed from it was because they said only 6 in 10k got it right. So if they're lying about our guesses, that takes some fun out of it - for me, anyway. I'm honestly hoping he's a J/H/Frank twist because otherwise, the creators liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiied.

Then I'll be mad. And pout. Big fight, then! BIG! Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
    eclectic1
    eclectic1

Post by eclectic1 Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:33 pm

Ok...I'm changing my original vote...I'm leaning towards Dr Frankenstein now. Which, if true...will be a BIG WOW!!! Shocked Wink
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:30 am

cuddlyasatiger wrote:So Charming isn't his prince AND he's not from our world. .........

And he was in black and acting aggressively again.
    When he's not at work, he's a walking "Id" (like Freud).
    cuddlyasatiger
    cuddlyasatiger

Post by cuddlyasatiger Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:17 am

So Charming isn't his prince AND he's not from our world. .........
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:57 am

Reg said re: Whale "We've all suffered enough from listening to you." Pied Piper? BWCW? Both could whip people into a frenzy and get them to follow him. Mix one of those in with J/H or F?
    Shekinel
    Shekinel

Post by Shekinel Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:17 pm

cuddlyasatiger wrote:One point in favor of Dr. F or even J/H is that his episode has been described as "the Halloween episode" so we might be in for some creeps and spooks! Smile

=O!! the halloween episode!! I think that is so NOT coincidence!
    Shekinel
    Shekinel

Post by Shekinel Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:15 pm

Its kinda hard theorize about who he is cause even tho they say they threw hints from the beginning, he really didn't get much of screen time =/. I do agree with ranna, they said the same thing with Pinocchio. So maybe they are saying that to start doubt, new theories and confuse people. For now i stick with "i don't know who he is, but you better surprise me" xD
    cuddlyasatiger
    cuddlyasatiger

Post by cuddlyasatiger Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:15 pm

One point in favor of Dr. F or even J/H is that his episode has been described as
    Spoiler:

I hope they keep giving us clues throughout.

Oh yea and what about
    Spoiler:

Last edited by cuddlyasatiger on Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:46 pm

Not sure on that...all i know is i started chatted in January after i thought August was Pinocchio...AND the WHOLE time I was saying that they were saying no one guessed it or 'i am sure someone got it' or something similar...ALSO i know i said jekyll/hyde without seeing it elsewhere...but at that time everyone was so focused on who August was no one was really speculating about Whale. Although all the theories I saw about Whale were Pinoccio/Fish based.

Anyway he has struck me as J/H for a while...so I think there HAS to be some element of that in him...haha...i voted with rer for straight up j/h and with Ranna for j/h/F combo of some sort...

Have to admit though that after seeing a certain spoile I kind of like the gingerbread man theory...although he doesn't really make me hungry...kind of turns my stomach actually...but whatevs! LOL
    cuddlyasatiger
    cuddlyasatiger

Post by cuddlyasatiger Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:42 pm

Okay I rewatched the clips of Dr. Whale and the pilot (sidenote: in the middle of labor Charming tells Snow to "hold on" - seriously?) and I am still leaning towards J/H but I think somehow they are going to make be from Oz. Oz was the only clue in the pilot that hasn't already been placed to someone else. (though it could reference August's Kansas license plate... but that's a whole other theory.)

The clue for Oz in the pilot was the picture in the book of the Flying Monkeys, just before the picture of Wonderland.
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:29 pm

Well the producers said they've been planting hints since the pilot. Does anyone remember anyone discussing him in the pilot? He debuted in Ep 3 (Snow Falls). He then appeared in The Shepherd (ep 6), Red Handed, The Return, The Stranger, and Land Without Magic. I'll have to rewatch him in Stranger. I haven't seen it since it was on because I cried watching it!
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:37 pm

LZenOUT wrote:Absolutely,J/H was about amoral behavior of all sorts. The Dr was upright and socially accepted and would never delve into the seedy side of life. Hyde caroused with prostitutes, did whatever he wanted, and even committed murder. He was a real 'monster', moreso even than the pitiful creature that Frankenstein brougt to life. I can see him being both J/H and somehow being turned into Monstro. And I'd have been pretty confident in this theory, except for the 6/10k guessing correctly, because my thoughts aren't all that uncommon.

Yeah... although they could be saying that just to sway us maybe?
    LZenOUT
    LZenOUT

Post by LZenOUT Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:33 pm

Absolutely,J/H was about amoral behavior of all sorts. The Dr was upright and socially accepted and would never delve into the seedy side of life. Hyde caroused with prostitutes, did whatever he wanted, and even committed murder. He was a real 'monster', moreso even than the pitiful creature that Frankenstein brougt to life. I can see him being both J/H and somehow being turned into Monstro. And I'd have been pretty confident in this theory, except for the 6/10k guessing correctly, because my thoughts aren't all that uncommon.
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:24 pm

LZenOUT wrote:Actually, Hyde was all about doing whatever you want and not worry about the consequences, that it's social expectations that keep us in check. So Jekyl/Hyde works well, so that has always been my assumption. I'd be really surprised if he wasn't J/H. But like you said, with only 6/10k guessing right, I think I'm going to end up being really surprised. Smile
    Ah. See, I never read the story. Was J or H about amorous behavior, too?
    And notice, it's when he's Hyde - in black, not at work - when he makes the comment about not doing what's expected. It totally fits. Then again, here's an idea:
    What if the Whale part was meant to be literal, and the J/H/Dr.F theory is correct? As punishment for either making himself a monster (J/H) or creating one (Dr.F/unnamed monster), he was turned into Monstro? No one else changed back to animal/fairy form, so why should he?

Hopefully we get more hints tonight.
    LZenOUT
    LZenOUT

Post by LZenOUT Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:38 am

Actually, Hyde was all about doing whatever you want and not worry about the consequences, that it's social expectations that keep us in check. So Jekyl/Hyde works well, so that has always been my assumption. I'd be really surprised if he wasn't J/H. But like you said, with only 6/10k guessing right, I think I'm going to end up being really surprised. Smile
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:24 am

obsessedwithOUAT wrote:Well, my apologies for the late night flight of ideas on the Dr. Whale board. After all that typing, I guess I'm back to Dr.F/J/H with some other twist.

See, one BIG hint we're given is that he never does what's expected, and J/H doesn't fit that. So there's something else there, hence the twist and hence the BWCW theory.
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:02 am

Well, my apologies for the late night flight of ideas on the Dr. Whale board. After all that typing, I guess I'm back to Dr.F/J/H with some other twist.
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:58 am

EESSH. I didn't notice the black/white until last night. Jekky/lHyde and Frankenstein are the two I can see best, and even back at ABC I could have been or was convinced. But with the comment that so few got it right and having seenthe theory out there a lot, it makes me think no. That's the only reason I think not Jekkyl/H. Before the comment about so few having it right I was on board.

UMLESS: It is half right, and like Red he's 2 characters and so that's what they mean by hardly anyone has it right?
    cuddlyasatiger
    cuddlyasatiger

Post by cuddlyasatiger Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:37 am

Yup, that's one reason I was going with Jekyll/Hyde. But I was also thinking maybe the Woodsman from Red Riding Hood (the one that kills the Bad Wolf) except in this case he sort of helps Red. Which now that I think about also kind of goes along with Dr. Jekyll. Combined character?

You're going to have to explain the Gingerbread Man theory to me.

obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:12 am

Has anyone noticed that when Whale is at the hospital we always see him in a white lab coat, but when he's out and about off-duty, he is always in black?
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:01 am

It's too bad, because Dr. Frankenstein seemed like such a good idea months ago, but since they said so few people have guessed it that makes me think it is wrong.
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:59 pm

Okay I said locking in for Gingerbread, but that's being unsure of BWCW as a fairy tale. If it is, consider:

Both do the unexpected
    Both are free, mischieviou spirits
    Both like their freedom

With Gingerbread, consider we've never seen Dr. Whale's arms or legs.

With BWCW consider that he was responsible for watching over a flock. Dr. Whale watches over patients. Also, that would explain focus on Red, and offering to get Red home safely.

So forget locked in for Gingerbread. I don't know if Aesop's fables are up for grabs for show characters. In case they are, I go either Gingerbread or BWCW.
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:43 pm

Eek. Wait: Is the Boy Who Cried Wolf a fairytale? THAT could work if he is. One of those two works.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:37 am