Chat Once Upon a Time!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chat Once Upon a Time!

Welcome to Chat Once Upon a Time!, a chat site dedicated to the ABC hit show Once Upon a Time. This site aims to provide fellow Oncer fans a place to openly discuss & share anything & everything OUAT!

TIP: The chatbox is ONLY viewable to members. Try registering as a member if you would like to join our live chats every Sunday starting at 8:00 pm EST!!! magicprice

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatOUaT Tweets

Quickies!

The Crocodile Suggestionbox01 The Crocodile Howtos

The Crocodile VisitSB

The Crocodile EclecticsSpoilers The Crocodile EsSpoilChat

The Crocodile Sitemap02

The Crocodile Abcsite001

Get Ready to RUMPLE!!!

Poll

who do you think Lilly's Father is?
The Crocodile I_vote_lcap31%The Crocodile I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
The Crocodile I_vote_lcap8%The Crocodile I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
The Crocodile I_vote_lcap15%The Crocodile I_vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
The Crocodile I_vote_lcap0%The Crocodile I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
The Crocodile I_vote_lcap31%The Crocodile I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

OUaT Tweet Time

The Crocodile

Ranna156
    Ranna156

The Crocodile Empty The Crocodile

Post by Ranna156

Official ABC Recap & Pre Air info:

Belle awakens with a start after having a nightmare about her beau, Rumplestiltskin, reverting to his wicked ways. To add to her doubts, she catches him practicing with magic, and wonder if he really does want to change, or if he’s bound to use the magic he brought to Storybrooke as a means to regain his powers and control over others. She sets out to explore the town on her own, unsure if she really should stay with Rumple. She has a bite at Granny’s and makes a new friend in Ruby, who tells her about the old Storybrooke Library that’s been closed for as long as anyone can remember. Thinking she might want to take over as the new librarian, Belle goes to investigate. Outside, she runs into a portly man in a red hat who asks for some change. When she tells him she’s alone and doesn’t have any money, he snatches her!

In Fairy Tale Land, Rumplestiltskin is looking for his wife, Milah, and he finds her at a local tavern. When he begs her to come home to him and Baelfire, she rebuffs him, saying she can’t stand to be with the village coward. Baelfire comes in and Rumple hurries him home. When he returns, he finds out Milah has gone aboard a pirate ship captained by a man named Killian Jones. He asks the Captain to release his wife and the Captain agrees that he will turn Milah over if Rumplestiltskin bests him in a duel. Rumple, crippled and frightened, can’t even bring himself to pick up a sword, instead heading home and giving up on ever seeing his wife again.

Years later in Fairy Tale Land, a portly man in a red hat meets Rumplestiltskin—now known as The Dark One—to tell him he has an inside line on a magic bean. After their dealings are concluded, Rumplestiltskin spots none other than Killian Jones come into the bar. He reintroduces himself and says he now accepts the duel. The next morning, the magically powerful Rumplestiltskin easily defeats the dashing Captain and is about to rip his heart out when Milah appears. She offers the magic bean for Killian’s life. Rumplestiltskin accompanies them aboard their ship to make the deal, but he has just one question for his former wife: how could she leave Baelfire? When she admits it was because she never loved Rumple and DOES love Killian, he rips out her heart in a fit of rage, crushing it to dust. Then he cuts off Captain Jones’ hand with the magic bean still within it and takes it. Killian attacks Rumple with a hook, but it’s not enough to kill The Dark One. Captain Jones vows revenge, but Rumplestiltskin taunts that he’ll never live long enough to find a way to kill him. But when Rumple later examines the bean, it turns out to be a fake. Captain Jones still has the real one, along with the man in the red hat who found it—a gentleman by the name of Mr. Smee—and he uses it to sail to a land where he will never grow old, so that he will live long enough to plot his revenge on Rumplestitlskin. The destination? Neverland.

Belle is finally unhanded in a flower shop, wondering what’s going on. Suddenly, her father, Sir Mauricel—or Moe French in Storybrooke—steps out of the shadows. He apologizes, but says that this was the only way he knew of to get her free from Rumplestiltskin. But Belle insists that she had stayed with him by choice. Moe can’t fathom her wanting to stay with such a monster, so he instructs Mr. Smee to take her to the mines where she’ll be sent in a mine cart past The Line bordering Storybrooke, causing her to lose all of her memories of her true identity. Meanwhile, Mr. Gold has enlisted David and Ruby to help him find Belle. When they confront Moe, David pieces together the plan and they race to the mines where Rumplestiltskin’s magic is able to stop Belle’s mine cart just before she crosses the threshold. Despite her gratitude for being rescued, Belle doesn’t think she can trust the man she loves.

Belle moves out of Mr. Gold’s estate to stay at Granny’s. The next morning she is given a key to the library. Once inside, she finds Mr. Gold waiting for her. He finally tells her the truth about how he lost Baelfire and spent all his time gathering enough power to create The Dark Curse so that he could follow him to this world. And now that they were all trapped in Storybrooke, he needs magic to find a way to enable him to leave town in search of his son without losing his memories of him. It’s heartbreaking and honest as Rumplestiltskin admits he uses magic as a crutch because he is, despite everything, still a coward. Belle once again sees what she came to love about him and the two agree to share a hamburger at Granny’s sometime.

Meanwhile, in present day Fairy Tale Land, Cora meets with Captain Killian Jones—whom she refers to as “Hook”—on the shore overlooking the island where the survivors of The Curse have made camp. She shows him the ashes from the magic wardrobe and the two conspire to make a journey to Storybrooke where Cora plans to see her daughter, Regina, again and Captain Hook plans to take his revenge on Rumplestiltskin.

Pre-Air Info:

From Once Upon a Fan - http://www.onceuponatimefans.co.uk/2x04-the-crocodile

Per Matt Mitovich/TV Line: "It's probably about the backstory of Captain Hook and what he's been up to in Storybrooke"

Captain Hook arrives in 2x04. Described as “a handsome, fearsome and confident pirate ship captain, Hook relishes every challenge and never backs down from a fight, whether the reward is power, riches, or women. He possesses the meticulous style and old-school manners of a proper gentleman, but beneath that veneer lies a vindictive enemy who will not rest until all his enemies have been defeated… and humiliated.”

Other new characters are “Milha, a woman who’s often at her village’s tavern and is bored with being a wife and mother. Yearning for adventure, she joins a band of thieves. And Beaman, a criminal who deals in stolen antiques. This role may be recurring.”.

***ABC Episode Press Release...
    BELLE THREATENS TO LEAVE MR. GOLD IF HE CONTINUES WITH HIS THIRST FOR POWER, AND RUMPLESTILTSKIN ATTEMPTS TO SAVE HIS WIFE FROM A BAND OF CUTTHROAT PIRATES, ON ABC'S "ONCE UPON A TIME"

"The Crocodile" - Belle's disgust over Mr. Gold's continuing thirst for power comes to a head, and she threatens to leave him if he can't change his evil ways; the dwarves pick up their axes and try to find fairy dust in the Storybrooke mine; and a reunion with an old acquaintance could prove to be Belle's undoing. Meanwhile, back in the fairytale land that was, Rumplestiltskin attempts to save his wife, Milah, from being kidnapped by a band of cutthroat pirates, on "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, OCTOBER 21 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Meghan Ory as Red Riding Hood/Ruby, and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Lee Arenberg as Leroy/Grumpy, Barbara Hershey as Cora, Colin O'Donoghue as Killian Jones, David-Paul Grove as Doc, Faustino Di Bauda as Sleepy, Jeffrey Kaiser as Dopey, Michael Coleman as Happy, Mig Macario as Bashful, Sebastian Wilkinson as young Baelfire, Rachel Shelley as Milah, Rondel Reynoldson as village woman, Eric Keenleyside as Moe/Sir Maurice, Christopher Gauthier as William, Chelsea Turner as tavern waitress and Ryan Hesp as quartermaster.

"The Crocodile" was written by David H. Goodman & Robert Hull and directed by David Solomon.

Promo #2 "The Crocodile"(combo promo w/"Revenge")

Sneak Peek #1-

Sneak Peek #2-

Sneak Peek #3-

Sneak Peek #4-

Sneak Peek #5 (Son needs his mother)

Rumplestiltskins Revenge-

Why the Curse was Made-

The official ABC secrets page for this episode can be found here:
    The Crocodile Secrets Page

No RumBelle appearance is complete without references to Disney's Beauty and the Beast. It's a tale as old as time, after all. As Mr. Gold is preparing breakfast for Belle, the tea kettle pictured above is a callback to Mrs. Potts from the animated classic.The Crocodile Mrs_po10

And this is a double reference. Moe French (Sir Maurice), Belle's father, owns a flower shop called Game of Thorns. The first nod is to the acclaimed George R. R. Martin novel A Game of Thrones and the second is to the rose featured in the Beauty and the Beast story.

Fairy tale fans may have noticed when Ruby brings the dwarfs and David some snacks, she does so in a little basket. This is a reference to the classic image of Little Red Riding Hood taking food to her grandmother.

Both in Fairy Tale Land and in Storybrooke, William Smee is always seen with his red beanie hat. Fans of Disney's Peter Pan will recognize that particular piece of head gear.

And continuing with the winks to the Disney classic, Captain Killian Jones—later to be called "Hook"—tells Rumplestiltskin that he looks like a "crocodile" when he first spies his scaly complexion. As explained in the animated Disney film, the Tick Tock Croc had eaten Hook's hand and was eager to finish the meal.

Finally, we'll end with another literary reference, When Belle walks into the Storybrooke Library, Mr. Gold quotes the line "We may sit in our library and yet be in all quarters of the earth." That quote is widely attributed to a 19th-century British banker named John Lubbock and appears in his book The Pleasures of Life.

Last edited by Ranna156 on Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:38 am; edited 17 times in total (Reason for editing : added ABC secrets)
    Share this post on: reddit

Ranna156

Post Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:57 am by Ranna156

cuddlyasatiger wrote:
    LZenOUT wrote:That's what Gold said - at the end when he was talking to Belle in the library. It added to the irony and tragedy for Gold, I think. I think it's a great twist.

Yup. He said it was the price for bringing magic back. And he said that's why he was in the basement, trying to find a way to break this new curse.

I agree. Awesome twist.

But now that both our regular villians seem to be on the redemption road. Guess that's why they needed to bring in a new regular - Captain Hook.

ok thanks you two! dude
    cuddlyasatiger

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:21 pm by cuddlyasatiger

LZenOUT wrote:That's what Gold said - at the end when he was talking to Belle in the library. It added to the irony and tragedy for Gold, I think. I think it's a great twist.

Yup. He said it was the price for bringing magic back. And he said that's why he was in the basement, trying to find a way to break this new curse.

I agree. Awesome twist.

But now that both our regular villians seem to be on the redemption road. Guess that's why they needed to bring in a new regular - Captain Hook.
    LZenOUT

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:10 pm by LZenOUT

That's what Gold said - at the end when he was talking to Belle in the library. It added to the irony and tragedy for Gold, I think. I think it's a great twist.
    Ranna156

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:00 pm by Ranna156

LZenOUT wrote:I thought it was interesting that it was Gold bringing magic to SB that caused the new curse of losing your past identity if you leave town.

Was that what caused it or was 'The Curse' just not fully broken? I need to watch it again i guess...
    LZenOUT

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:07 pm by LZenOUT

I thought it was interesting that it was Gold bringing magic to SB that caused the new curse of losing your past identity if you leave town.
    eclectic1

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:12 pm by eclectic1

kami808 wrote:Hi all! First time posting Smile

Loved this ep! I didn't miss Emma or Snow at all!

I had a feeling that rump would be the one to cut off Hook's hand, but didn't predict that he would also be the crocodile (although it makes complete sense)! Love it!

Killian Jones/Hook is great. I can't wait to see what NL is like and now I really think we will meet PP soon!

I'm now more convinced than ever that Neal Cassady is Bae after the talk that Rump had with Belle in the library. Anyone else? Isn't this the first time we found out that Bae really was sent to our world? Weren't we unsure of where Bae was sent before this? Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Welcome!!! Smile

I admit...knew he was sent to a world without magic...wasnt quite sold on it being "our World".

After this episode...Rump's touching talk w/Belle...I'm pretty much sold now. I'm still not sure if Bae's kept up on things or HAS been kept up on things going down in SB those 28 years. SOMEONE would have to know WHO he is in 'our World' and have a connection-thus an in on the curse. Honestly, I'm anxious to see if Bae recognizes Rump and vice-versa! Cool
    eclectic1

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:07 pm by eclectic1

rra615 wrote:i REALLY like how they're making rumplestiltskin to be multiple characters... weak rumple, the dark one, mr. gold, the beast from beauty and the beast, the crocodile who bit captain hook's hand off in peter pan.. i wonder what other villains they will make him!!

i also loved the crocodile reference. as soon as killian called him a crocodile, i knew from there that he would be the one to chop his hand off.

also, idk if anyone else noticed, but during the fight rumple said something like "tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, my deary". in the disney version of peter pan, hook is scared of ticking alarm clocks because the actual crocodile/alligator who bit hooks hand off had previously swallowed an alarm clock so when he opens his mouth, you hear the ticking clock sound.

so clever!!

Great post rra615!!! thumbs up LIKE!!!
    kami808

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:30 pm by kami808

Hi all! First time posting Smile

Loved this ep! I didn't miss Emma or Snow at all!

I had a feeling that rump would be the one to cut off Hook's hand, but didn't predict that he would also be the crocodile (although it makes complete sense)! Love it!

Killian Jones/Hook is great. I can't wait to see what NL is like and now I really think we will meet PP soon!

I'm now more convinced than ever that Neal Cassady is Bae after the talk that Rump had with Belle in the library. Anyone else? Isn't this the first time we found out that Bae really was sent to our world? Weren't we unsure of where Bae was sent before this? Please correct me if i'm wrong.
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:14 am by obsessedwithOUAT

rra615 wrote:i REALLY like how they're making rumplestiltskin to be multiple characters... weak rumple, the dark one, mr. gold, the beast from beauty and the beast, the crocodile who bit captain hook's hand off in peter pan.. i wonder what other villains they will make him!!

i also loved the crocodile reference. as soon as killian called him a crocodile, i knew from there that he would be the one to chop his hand off.

also, idk if anyone else noticed, but during the fight rumple said something like "tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock, my deary". in the disney version of peter pan, hook is scared of ticking alarm clocks because the actual crocodile/alligator who bit hooks hand off had previously swallowed an alarm clock so when he opens his mouth, you hear the ticking clock sound.

so clever!!

Did you see all the stuff I posted below? Right on, dude you and I were totally on the same page
    Noortjj

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:06 am by Noortjj

I loved this ep.. Did not even miss Snow and Emma..

I liked to see the history between Rumple and Hook, And how Rumple is not only a beast but a crocodile too XD

And i also like the fact that not only Cora but also Hook wants to get to Storybrooke for some unfinished business.. Rumple has his magic in SB so that is something i would like to see..

Did not expect Rumple to be in this heart ripping business too, although must say,she deserved it!! :p

I think i will love where this is going..

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:53 am by rra615

i REALLY like how they're making rumplestiltskin to be multiple characters... weak rumple, the dark one, mr. gold, the beast from beauty and the beast, the crocodile who bit captain hook's hand off in peter pan.. i wonder what other villains they will make him!!

so clever!!

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:44 am by rra615

the ship kind of reminded me of muppet treasure island, a disney owned movie but nothing else really did
    Shekinel

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:59 am by Shekinel

This was my fave episode so far!!! Loved it!!All the references!!
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:39 am by obsessedwithOUAT

Maybe it's a reach but I wonder if Milha having the flowing, black hair is a tip to Capt. Hook from the Disney movie.

It's been YEARS since I saw PP or Treasure Island. Were there any Treasure Island references?
    Ranna156

Post Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:35 am by Ranna156

eclectic1 wrote:
    obsessedwithOUAT wrote:Could anyone make out any detail in the library? Any book titles or anything beyond the shelf? Also, another observation: I'm not convinced Jones was so villain-ish before Rumpel got to him. It isn't established that he was a villain or even pirate before. Okay maybe a jerk but turning bad enough to ally with Cora? I think that was a totally post-Rumpel thing. I can't wait to see what NL is like!

No...couldnt make out books...but the "Belle-Library" reference was great-was like "oh yea!!!" Wink

I thought the same on Killian...yes, he'd had "many a man's wife"...a rogue...a pirate...but, I dont think he was in the same "villain-league" that Cora and Rump are in...maybe even Regina(think she IS trying to change for Henry, though...)

The 'duel scene' and the realization of Killian that Rump-the dark one-was the wishy-washy Rump of old "reborn"...THAT was great! Colin played it great!!!

Seriously, I actually felt bad for him...this was all Milha's doing to begin with. She didnt love Rump-runs off-and, pretty much got what she deserved.

This 'heart' grabbing thing with this show, though... Shocked Cool

I thought the scene where he is belittling what appears to Killian as a old beggar was pretty bad...he was just being a bully...other than that part i liked Hook!

Want to see what the deal with him and Peter Pan is if we get to meet PP...still think it might end up being Bae but you never know...

Awesome episode!
    eclectic1

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:48 pm by eclectic1

obsessedwithOUAT wrote:Could anyone make out any detail in the library? Any book titles or anything beyond the shelf? Also, another observation: I'm not convinced Jones was so villain-ish before Rumpel got to him. It isn't established that he was a villain or even pirate before. Okay maybe a jerk but turning bad enough to ally with Cora? I think that was a totally post-Rumpel thing. I can't wait to see what NL is like!

No...couldnt make out books...but the "Belle-Library" reference was great-was like "oh yea!!!" Wink

I thought the same on Killian...yes, he'd had "many a man's wife"...a rogue...a pirate...but, I dont think he was in the same "villain-league" that Cora and Rump are in...maybe even Regina(think she IS trying to change for Henry, though...)

The 'duel scene' and the realization of Killian that Rump-the dark one-was the wishy-washy Rump of old "reborn"...THAT was great! Colin played it great!!!

Seriously, I actually felt bad for him...this was all Milha's doing to begin with. She didnt love Rump-runs off-and, pretty much got what she deserved.

This 'heart' grabbing thing with this show, though... Shocked Cool
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:36 pm by obsessedwithOUAT

Could anyone make out any detail in the library? Any book titles or anything beyond the shelf? Also, another observation: I'm not convinced Jones was so villain-ish before Rumpel got to him. It isn't established that he was a villain or even pirate before. Okay maybe a jerk but turning bad enough to ally with Cora? I think that was a totally post-Rumpel thing. I can't wait to see what NL is like!
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:31 pm by obsessedwithOUAT

I don't know if it is important or not but I wonder if the bar maid in FTL overhears Smee talking to Rumpel and SHE is the one who tips off Jones and Milha to Smee wanting the Bean.
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:23 pm by obsessedwithOUAT

I really think they were tipping the cap to Pirates of the Caribbean with how Colin portrayed Hook all Jack Sparrowish. Also, he references the code, his ship is colored like the ship from PotC (not the Black Pearl but the other one that the Brits are on that gets sunk)... there's more but I'm early in the episode rewatching.

Also, does anyone think Smee wanted to be a Lost Boy (or was one that grew up or something)? He asked to go back to being a boy again.

I'd laugh my head off if he were the one they snuck in as Pan (not that I'm predicting that).
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:19 pm by obsessedwithOUAT

There's actually a few drawings around Rumpel's place.
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:16 pm by obsessedwithOUAT

When we first see Rumpel enter his home in FTL and find Bae alone, there is a piece of parchment tacked to a post next to where Rumpel stands. Is it a drawing? Can anyone tell?
    eclectic1

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:07 pm by eclectic1

OMG THIS EPISODE WAS FANTASTIC!!!!

Devilishly so!!! Yes!!!! Twisted Evil pirat

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:57 pm by rra615

yeah.. i dont think they have any rights to GoT characters.. that's all hbo, which is unrelated to disney/abc
    Ranna156

Post Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:40 am by Ranna156

cuddlyasatiger wrote:
    Ranna156 wrote:haha 'stick him with the pointy end' or something like that! too funny...i wonder if that is another reference to 'SOIF' -hahaha

Good Lord if they cross Once with GoT I might just give up on char bios! There'd be SOOO MANY!! pirat Laughing

haha if they do that...just put links to the GoT's wiki bio's!!! but i doubt they will bring in any characters from there...i think they will just have references like the 'game of Thorns' and 'magic is coming' sort of thing...also that series technically isn't done...
    cuddlyasatiger

Post Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:18 pm by cuddlyasatiger

Ranna156 wrote:haha 'stick him with the pointy end' or something like that! too funny...i wonder if that is another reference to 'SOIF' -hahaha

Good Lord if they cross Once with GoT I might just give up on char bios! There'd be SOOO MANY!! pirat Laughing

Post  by Sponsored content