Chat Once Upon a Time!

Welcome to Chat Once Upon a Time!, a chat site dedicated to the ABC hit show Once Upon a Time. This site aims to provide fellow Oncer fans a place to openly discuss & share anything & everything OUAT!

TIP: The chatbox is ONLY viewable to members. Try registering as a member if you would like to join our live chats every Sunday starting at 8:00 pm EST!!! magicprice

October 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatOUaT Tweets

Quickies!

Get Ready to RUMPLE!!!

Poll

who do you think Lilly's Father is?
31% 31% [ 4 ]
8% 8% [ 1 ]
15% 15% [ 2 ]
8% 8% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
8% 8% [ 1 ]
31% 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

OUaT Tweet Time

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady

Poll

Neal Cassady IS Henry's father....AND???

[ 4 ]
    8% [8%] 
    [ 14 ]
    26% [26%] 
    [ 6 ]
    11% [11%] 
    [ 3 ]
    6% [6%] 
    [ 6 ]
    11% [11%] 
    [ 1 ]
    2% [2%] 
    [ 10 ]
    19% [19%] 
    [ 5 ]
    9% [9%] 
    [ 2 ]
    4% [4%] 
    [ 2 ]
    4% [4%] 

Total Votes: 53
    LZenOUT

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady

Post by LZenOUT on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Peter Pan. He has an indian dream-catcher on the wall by his window and a number of other amerian indian style amulets (for lack of a better word) hanging near the door. He knows about the curse enough for someone to send him a message that it's broken yet he's so young. That leads me to think that he doesn't age. If he's not Peter Pan, I'd be very surprised.

Re: New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady

Post by Ranna156 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:13 am

just cause its a poll don't let it deter you from commenting or speculating...i just put polls where i want since i like them! Wink haha

Magic is Coming Dragon
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:09 am

ANOTHER odd thing I noticed: I'm rewatching "Red Handed". Red and Snow are talking and it is the scene where they think they need to tell Peter he's the wolf (because they still think he is). Ruby asks, "Do you think I can save him?" and Snow respons, "I think you can save everyone." That's just VERY close to the exchange between Emma and August in the season finale right August turns to wood.
    August would know the reference because he's in touch with the writer. Why do I say he's in touch with the writer? Because I think he has his typewriter and Mystery Dude is the author, gosh darn it!

Sorry for the double post: I accidentally put this in the poll section.
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:23 pm

I forgot to post this sooner:
    So this isn't what I was looking for, but watching 7:15 am I just noticed something: Remember how a pigeon brought the message to Mystery Man? Well what looks like the same bird/same type of bird (pigeon, dove, whatever it is) ALSO was used to communicate between Snow and PC in this episode (it delivered their notes!). INTERESTING!

This is also the episode where August first reveals the typewriter. I can't make out any distinct markings at all on the case around it, and all I notice on the typewriter itself is that the keys are teal. I didn't see anything other than that.
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:25 am

here are the writing sample shots...the one to MM from Henry is really hard to read...

It looks like who ever wrote Henry's note also wrote the Broken postcard...but i still don't think Henry wrote it...i just think the same prop maker wrote both! Wink

The e's look the same as do the o's. What stands out the most for me though is the way that the lower case letters are written...very properly...with the long part of the k going all the way to the 'top' etc for example.

Magic is Coming Dragon
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:13 am

still there is the mystery of who in Storybrooke would have known about him and how he apparently escaped the curse. Was he cursed and never aged or did he age?

The whole thing screams of secret communication between him and someone else...

also here is a shot of the hand - it looks more like a hand than anything else:

Magic is Coming Dragon
    cuddlyasatiger

Post by cuddlyasatiger on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:09 am

There is absolutely no reason for me to think this other than just hard wishing - Robin Hood. I'm sure I could pull out some clues to support this somehow ...

Oh well, he's probably Peter Pan anyway. I like the thought that having to grow up was his own curse.

I remember!
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:13 pm

Just found this at oncepodcast as well (makes an argument for Bae and goes back to an earlier posting made in this thread by someone else):

Anyhow, I found this at TVLine's website for the explanation about the red hand thing,
    One more thing. On the artwork with the red hand and the watch….could be a mash-up. “RED HAND” + “WATCH” yields the name of a campaign called… the “Red hand watch.” Catch this….to draw attention and relief to the plight of child soldiers. DEFINITELY sounds like the Baelfire issue that started Rumple’s path to being the Dark One. Remember the Ogre Wars? Children were being drafted into conflict. Deep thoughts, folks.

We try to be meticulous with the production design, so… yes, there’s stuff in the apartment specific to the character,” says Horowitz. Adds Kitsis: “There’s one thing in there in particular … I’m not going to say what it is…. that has very significant meaning.”

Read More at: http://tvline.com/2012/09/30/once-upon- ... n=referral (NOTE: The article linked may contain spoilers!)

For me, that red hand thing is the one thing in particular that has a significant meaning to the Mystery Man's identity because it sticks right out when the Mystery Man first enters his apartment. Plus, when I first watched the episode, I was immediately struck with the idea that Mystery Man has it in his apartment because it reminds him of his dad letting go of him and breaking their deal.

Last edited by cuddlyasatiger on Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:55 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Update Tagged Spoilers)
    LZenOUT

Post by LZenOUT on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:08 pm

obsessedwithOUAT wrote:So this isn't what I was looking for, but watching 7:15 am I just noticed something: Remember how a pigeon brought the message to Mystery Man? Well what looks like the same bird/same type of bird (pigeon, dove, whatever it is) ALSO was used to communicate between MM and PC in this episode (it delivered their notes!).
    Yes, it would be the same kind of bird. I believe only one type of bird has been trained to deliver messages - the homing pigeon.

Post by LZenOUT on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:07 pm

obsessedwithOUAT wrote:It's a hand.
    I'm not convinced of that at all.

Post by obsessedwithOUAT on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:02 pm

So this isn't what I was looking for, but watching 7:15 am I just noticed something: Remember how a pigeon brought the message to Mystery Man? Well what looks like the same bird/same type of bird (pigeon, dove, whatever it is) ALSO was used to communicate between MM and PC in this episode (it delivered their notes!).
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT on Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:00 pm

rra615 wrote:
    obsessedwithOUAT wrote:
    LZenOUT wrote:There is a picture of a red something or other on the far wall from the window. I thought it looked like a clock tower. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's Big Ben, but it did look like a clock tower.
    OH THAT thing. Okay no. That's a red hand with something on it (an eye, mabye?) surrounded by I don't know what. It took me a while to figure that was a hand. I thought it was an owl at first. I could see believing it's a clock at first but it's definitely a hand.

So in other news, I turned on 7:15 am to watch for something about August and the typewriter. Now I don't remember what. Darn it all.

look over it again.. it's definitely a clock tower - there are only 4 prongs at the bottom and no sign of a thumb. it's closer to big ben than it is to a hand!!

It's a hand.
    Spoiler:

You are right though about the thumb - I can't see one, either

I'm actually kind of bummed. It's the first time I've seen the author theory somewhere else!

rra615

Post by rra615 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:37 pm

obsessedwithOUAT wrote:
    LZenOUT wrote:There is a picture of a red something or other on the far wall from the window. I thought it looked like a clock tower. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's Big Ben, but it did look like a clock tower.
    OH THAT thing. Okay no. That's a red hand with something on it (an eye, mabye?) surrounded by I don't know what. It took me a while to figure that was a hand. I thought it was an owl at first. I could see believing it's a clock at first but it's definitely a hand.

So in other news, I turned on 7:15 am to watch for something about August and the typewriter. Now I don't remember what. Darn it all.

look over it again.. it's definitely a clock tower - there are only 4 prongs at the bottom and no sign of a thumb. it's closer to big ben than it is to a hand!!
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:54 pm

LZenOUT

Post by LZenOUT on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:15 pm

There is a picture of a red something or other on the far wall from the window. I thought it looked like a clock tower. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's Big Ben, but it did look like a clock tower.

Post by Ranna156 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:21 pm

haha...i didn't see Big Ben...i just saw that someone else said they saw it. Maybe it was a poster over the bed? did we even see a bed? I don't remember.

7 & 13 are numbers that seem to pop up in this show...at least 7 is...sure 13 has a few times as well...that number has all kinds of meaning...

Magic is Coming Dragon
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:06 pm

I don't see Big Ben but if anyone does please share. Anyhow I took a look at a close up of the heart on the wall - the print of 7 stories and 13 songs. I don't know if 7 and 13 are LOST references but look at the heart and the flames on the cover.

The heart is metal and welded together (a la a Frankenstein monster) and the flames are like the flames in the novel (the Monster says he will burn himself in the Arctic). A nod to both Whale being Frankenstein/The Monster AND Mystery Man being the author.

I AM GOING TO MAKE ONE OF YOU BELIEVE, GOSH DARN IT!!
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:50 pm

Ranna156 wrote:
    LZenOUT wrote:Peter Pan. He has an indian dream-catcher on the wall by his window and a number of other amerian indian style amulets (for lack of a better word) hanging near the door. He knows about the curse enough for someone to send him a message that it's broken yet he's so young. That leads me to think that he doesn't age. If he's not Peter Pan, I'd be very surprised.

I saw on another board that someone noticed a poster of Big Ben...another point for Peter Pan if that is indeed accurate! Wink

That's for sure. Where is the poster of Big Ben?

rra615

Post by rra615 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:59 pm

i really do like the peter pan theory..!!

i'm re-watching the first episode because i wasn't in game mode when i first watched it
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:50 pm

LZenOUT wrote:Peter Pan. He has an indian dream-catcher on the wall by his window and a number of other amerian indian style amulets (for lack of a better word) hanging near the door. He knows about the curse enough for someone to send him a message that it's broken yet he's so young. That leads me to think that he doesn't age. If he's not Peter Pan, I'd be very surprised.

I saw on another board that someone noticed a poster of Big Ben...another point for Peter Pan if that is indeed accurate! Wink

Magic is Coming Dragon
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:19 pm

that would certainly be interesting if he DID give August the typewriter. Although i don't think he could have written the book...unless of course there is something special about that typewriter...

hmm...typewriter...cobblers shoes...writers desk...dream catcher...a hand...maybe he is a play on the cobbler where elves would come in and make the shoes...only in this case the typewriter was writing stories for him? Dream catcher says indian of some sort...which does remind me of Peter Pan...ugh...

Magic is Coming Dragon
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT on Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:12 pm

obsessedwithOUAT wrote:OMG! What about THIS:

AUGUST/PINO sent the bird! Wait for it:

Everything in that apt screamed outdated/80s or whatever, right? Older technology? LIKE A TYPEWRITER????
    August had that typewriter with him. WHAT IF I'm right about the dude being the author and somehow he and August are in contact? It could work! Either that or Henry and August made some sort of deal while working Op Cobra together. It'd still be worth a look at that card.

Now I'm not saying that the dude is ONLY WR or the author (and I'm really leaning author) - like we've seen before: they can be more than one thing and that can be true here. But I think book's author is bloody likely and I think HE is the one who gave August the typewriter.

In FACT I think the DESK by the window is the significant item! It's a writer's desk with no typewriter or computer. Holy crap I really think I nailed it!
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:41 pm

Nevermind...White Rabbit!!! LOL

Magic is Coming Dragon
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:41 pm

WR?

Magic is Coming Dragon
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:38 pm

OMG! What about THIS:

AUGUST/PINO sent the bird! Wait for it:

Everything in that apt screamed outdated/80s or whatever, right? Older technology? LIKE A TYPEWRITER????
    August had that typewriter with him. WHAT IF I'm right about the dude being the author and somehow he and August are in contact? It could work! Either that or Henry and August made some sort of deal while working Op Cobra together. It'd still be worth a look at that card.

Now I'm not saying that the dude is ONLY WR or the author (and I'm really leaning author) - like we've seen before: they can be more than one thing and that can be true here. But I think book's author is bloody likely and I think HE is the one who gave August the typewriter.

Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:42 pm

@LZ - I added a poll to your topic...hope you don't mind! Wink You can delete it if you do!

I am voting for he is Henries father and someone not mentioned so far...

Magic is Coming Dragon

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:17 pm