Chat Once Upon a Time!

Welcome to Chat Once Upon a Time!, a chat site dedicated to the ABC hit show Once Upon a Time. This site aims to provide fellow Oncer fans a place to openly discuss & share anything & everything OUAT!

TIP: The chatbox is ONLY viewable to members. Try registering as a member if you would like to join our live chats every Sunday starting at 8:00 pm EST!!! magicprice

June 2017

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatOUaT Tweets

Quickies!

Get Ready to RUMPLE!!!

Poll

who do you think Lilly's Father is?
31% 31% [ 4 ]
8% 8% [ 1 ]
15% 15% [ 2 ]
8% 8% [ 1 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
8% 8% [ 1 ]
31% 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

OUaT Tweet Time

Who sent Mystery Man (Neal Cassady) the postcard from Storybrooke?

Poll

Who sent Mystery Man the postcard from Storybrooke?

[ 4 ]
    11% [11%] 
    [ 20 ]
    56% [56%] 
    [ 5 ]
    14% [14%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    8% [8%] 
    [ 4 ]
    11% [11%] 
    [ 0 ]
    0% [0%] 

Total Votes: 36
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

ok i think it was either Blue Fairy (assuming she ALWAYS remembered) or Jefferson.

I think whoever sent it ALWAYS knew of The Curse...and ONLY 3 people come to mind with one of them being a theory that she ALWAYS remembered...Pinocchio, Jefferson, and possibly the Blue Fairy.

voting for the Blue Fairy for now...vote cancelling is allowed.

Also raises the question about WHO is this guy...is he a FTL character...I think he must be and how did he escape the curse?

Last edited by Ranna156 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:50 am; edited 3 times in total

Magic is Coming Dragon
    intreatment420

Re: Who sent Mystery Man (Neal Cassady) the postcard from Storybrooke?

Post by intreatment420 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:27 am

LZenOUT wrote:Carrier (or homing) pigeons is a common old fashioned way of sending messages. Being that everyone is from FTL, I'm going to put forth that all of them probably know how. It's their comfortable technology. However, it takes a lot of time and training to get a bird to go to a specific place, and it's easier to get them to go to places that they normally roost. I realize that creative license will do away with that whole necessity, however.

Since I believe the guy in NYC is Peter Pan and his biggest ally was Tinkerbelle, I think it's probably a fairy (nun) that sent it to him and that this was planned out way in advance. I can see Blue (or maybe a rogue fairy - who knows) finding Peter Pan, and getting him to our world ahead of the curse. Since he's ageless (for this scenerio to work, agelss even in our world), he's just been waiting for word from his fairy friend that it's time to find her.
    I dont think it was the blue fairy she is pretty helpless.I'm between Jefferson and August . Your right, it would take a long time to train a carrier pigeon , Jefferson was aware of the curse the whole time,and since no one new comes to Storybrooke and no one can leave, its probably the only way to get mail in or out . Jefferson had plenty of time to figure this out ,alone in his mansion all those years,I was thinking August to , but He was able to cross the border before, Im thinking he still can , he never had a Storybrooke persona to get "turned into" so if it was him Im thinking he just would have paid the guy a visit??
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT on Mon Oct 29, 2012 2:37 am

Well if he isn't the author I don't have a clue. Come to think of it more, if he's the author he still needs a FTL counterpart.... BAH. DARN YOU, H and K!
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:46 am

With Tallahassee airing next week I wonder if we will find out about this?!!

Magic is Coming Dragon
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:58 pm

Added another option now that we know this guys name is Neil Cassady

Added the janitor from the loony bin...maybe i should add that nurse as well...let me know what you think about adding her...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neal_Cassady

Anyway you can change your votes if you want! Wink

Magic is Coming Dragon
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:52 pm

yeah i agree Shek...i am changing mine back to Blue as well! haha

Magic is Coming Dragon
    Shekinel

Post by Shekinel on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:06 pm

Ok, i voted for BF! Rumple got mad that he couldn't get out of SB to look for Bae. If he sent the postcard telling the stranger that SB curse is Broken, why would he (rumple) go out of town if this person might come to him right? o.O

BF doesn't have fairy dust or the wand so the only way to send a message was via a bird.

BF for now since im SUPER CONFUSED! haha

Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:56 pm

Shekinel wrote:For now I'm between Jefferson and Rumple...

1)Rumple because of what i just read about his "helper"

2)Jefferson in case this New Man is the March Hare. If he ends up being the rabbit March Hare i could see the connection with Jefferson.

I hear ya on the Rumple thing...but I think that WHOLE thing might have been a theory...still even if it is all just a theory it still adds another dimension and possibility to ALL the theories!

I have it as Rumple now too! ;0

Magic is Coming Dragon
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:53 pm

LZenOUT wrote:Carrier (or homing) pigeons is a common old fashioned way of sending messages. Being that everyone is from FTL, I'm going to put forth that all of them probably know how. It's their comfortable technology. However, it takes a lot of time and training to get a bird to go to a specific place, and it's easier to get them to go to places that they normally roost. I realize that creative license will do away with that whole necessity, however.

Since I believe the guy in NYC is Peter Pan and his biggest ally was Tinkerbelle, I think it's probably a fairy (nun) that sent it to him and that this was planned out way in advance. I can see Blue (or maybe a rogue fairy - who knows) finding Peter Pan, and getting him to our world ahead of the curse. Since he's ageless (for this scenerio to work, agelss even in our world), he's just been waiting for word from his fairy friend that it's time to find her.

I really like this thought that he is Peter Pan. However if he is I would tend to think that he did age...I can't remember if Peter Pan aged while in OW...I thought he would. Also this guy is older and it would make sense to me that if he was PP aged. I never read the original PP story but I thought the description of PP said he still had his baby teeth. I think disney made him a little older...preteens or maybe even a teenager...I remember it always seemed like Wendy was into him romantically as well as Tink...

Anyway going with PP was 6ish and came to OW in 1983 then he could have aged and be 34ish...that guy looked like he could be 34...also interesting to note is that the PP story I believe was written in the early 1900's (could be wrong on that though) so that would mean that the Wendy story would already have taken place...with Hook and PP as well. Did they kill Hook in htat story? I can't remember how it ended!

Magic is Coming Dragon
    Shekinel

Post by Shekinel on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:44 pm

For now I'm between Jefferson and Rumple...

1)Rumple because of what i just read about his "helper"

2)Jefferson in case this New Man is the March Hare. If he ends up being the rabbit March Hare i could see the connection with Jefferson.

LZenOUT

Post by LZenOUT on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:13 pm

Carrier (or homing) pigeons is a common old fashioned way of sending messages. Being that everyone is from FTL, I'm going to put forth that all of them probably know how. It's their comfortable technology. However, it takes a lot of time and training to get a bird to go to a specific place, and it's easier to get them to go to places that they normally roost. I realize that creative license will do away with that whole necessity, however.

Post by Ranna156 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:04 am

from the recap:

Just then... a pigeon lands in front of him on the window sill. Tied to its foot is a piece of cardboard.

Spoiler:
    I was thinking though that the guy in the apartment is this person who was Rumplestiltskins helper...according to that comment about Jane explaining some story in episode 112. However I don't recall that story so will have to watch it again...either way i like the idea of him having a helper and a 'person' on the outside...either that or the Blue Fairy ALWAYS remembered are the only two possibilities that make sense to me. I don't think that pigeon is the helper/dove...i think it would be the mysterious stranger and somehow Rumple got him out of FTL before The Curse hit...

Magic is Coming Dragon
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT on Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:48 am

But I think that the bird was a pigeon. I thought dove at first, too but if you watch 715 there is a dove in SB and pigeon in FTL. Subtle difference but different nonetheless.
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:56 am

I just realized episode 112 is Skin Deep...and I did watch that episode with the commentary...don't recall jane Espenson talking about what I just mentioned below...so maybe the whole comment is a theory...will have to watch it again I guess.

Magic is Coming Dragon
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:20 am

Spoiler:
    well i guess whoever put the comment on that dove/pigeon picture is calling the bird the helper...i think it would make more sense if the stranger was the helper and the bird is just still a bird...also based on other spoilers it doesn't appear they can leave SB and retain their memories...or maybe you can in animal form? who knows...

ahhhh...going with the stranger is working for Rumple!

Magic is Coming Dragon
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:12 am

Spoiler:
    based off of that comment about the commentary (which I haven't seen yet) i think it is entirely possible Rumpy could have sent this guy ahead of time KNOWING he would eventually remember.

Also this makes A LOT of sense if the Blue Fairy didn't always rememberr...here is the person who escaped the curse yet was working for Rump...probably helped acquire Henry for Gold then as well.

And he still very well could be Henry's father!

OMG OMG

Magic is Coming Dragon
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:07 am

AAAHHHH changing my vote to Rumplestiltskin...for now...

Magic is Coming Dragon
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:06 am

ok i came across this...INTERESTING

Spoiler:

Source is OUaTTheories

I am going to have to go watch that commentary now!

Maybe if it WAS Rumple he was able to send someone to OW ahead of time...all those enchanted trees are mysteriously gone now including the ONE that was left for Emma/Pinocchio...and Rumpy REALLY wanted that wand. Maybe he also found a way to keep this guy from aging until the curse was broken????

Magic is Coming Dragon
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:07 am

ANOTHER odd thing I noticed: I'm rewatching "Red Handed". Red and Snow are talking and it is the scene where they think they need to tell Peter he's the wolf (because they still think he is). Ruby asks, "Do you think I can save him?" and Snow respons, "I think you can save everyone." That's just VERY close to the exchange between Emma and August in the season finale right August turns to wood.
    August would know the reference because he's in touch with the writer. Why do I say he's in touch with the writer? Because I think he has his typewriter and Mystery Dude is the author, gosh darn it!
    tongue
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:26 am

eclectic1 wrote:Blue Fairy or Rump...leaning towards BF.

Jefferson's too obsessed trying to get his daughter back-not sure how this stranger would tie into that-if at all.

Only reason I say Jefferson is because I think someone who knew about hte curse all along and was stuck in SB had to have sent it...Jefferson is one of two people we know for sure.

Also if he turns out to be Henry's father then I think that definitely could line up with Jefferson's ultimate goal of getting his daughter back...he wanted the curse broken...or at least for magic to take them back to FTL...

Magic is Coming Dragon
    eclectic1

Post by eclectic1 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:21 pm

Blue Fairy or Rump...leaning towards BF.

Jefferson's too obsessed trying to get his daughter back-not sure how this stranger would tie into that-if at all.

Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:54 pm

ok i think it was either Blue Fairy (assuming she ALWAYS remembered) or Jefferson.

I think whoever sent it ALWAYS knew of The Curse...and ONLY 3 people come to mind with one of them being a theory that she ALWAYS remembered...Pinocchio, Jefferson, and possibly the Blue Fairy.

voting for the Blue Fairy for now...vote cancelling is allowed.

Also raises the question about WHO is this guy...is he a FTL character...I think he must be and how did he escape the curse?

Last edited by Ranna156 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:50 am; edited 3 times in total

Magic is Coming Dragon

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:40 am