Chat Once Upon a Time!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chat Once Upon a Time!

Welcome to Chat Once Upon a Time!, a chat site dedicated to the ABC hit show Once Upon a Time. This site aims to provide fellow Oncer fans a place to openly discuss & share anything & everything OUAT!

TIP: The chatbox is ONLY viewable to members. Try registering as a member if you would like to join our live chats every Sunday starting at 8:00 pm EST!!! magicprice

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatOUaT Tweets

Quickies!

ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ Suggestionbox01 ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ Howtos

ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ VisitSB

ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ EclecticsSpoilers ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ EsSpoilChat

ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ Sitemap02

ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ Abcsite001

Get Ready to RUMPLE!!!

Poll

who do you think Lilly's Father is?
ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ I_vote_lcap31%ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ I_vote_lcap8%ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ I_vote_lcap15%ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ I_vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ I_vote_lcap0%ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ I_vote_lcap31%ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

OUaT Tweet Time

ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ

Ranna156
    Ranna156

ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ Empty ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ

Post by Ranna156

With all of the skipping around in the flashbacks it can sometimes be really hard to tell just how old Bae would be! Assuming he is still alive he is well over 200 years old...if you don't believe me then read below! Enjoy!!! Wink Wink

Deduction & facts that support Bae is over 200 years old!

The earliest we see have seen Bae (or any character for that matter...at least at the time of writing this) was in 'The Crocodile'. He is shown as a young boy. You also see his mother Milha, Killian Jones, & his father Rumplestiltskin. Ogre Wars I is going on and Milha thinks Rumple a coward for leaving them & coming home alive. It is also around this time that Milha is presumed to have been 'taken' by a band of pirates lead by Killian Jones. Rumple will tell his son that his mother has died.

ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ ScreenShot2012-10-22at104239-1png

The next blip in the history of the Enchanted Forest we see is when Baelfire is about to turn 14 (Desperate Souls) and be taken off to Ogre Wars I. We see his friend and neighbor, Morraine, taken off to fight in war on her 14th birthday. Baelfire will turn 14 in 3 days time. His father, Rumplestiltskin becomes the Dark One by killing the previous DO with the DO dagger. On Bae's 14th birthday Rumple kills the nasty soldier who comes to take Bae away from him.

Bae runs in to tell his father they have come to take Morraine. Notice the interior of their house.
    ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ Onceuponatime108hdtv-lol0038-1

They have taken Morraine & you can see the back of her on a horse in the background.
    ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ Onceuponatime108hdtv-lol0073-1

Rumple & Bae hug as Bae says he will turn 14 in 3 days time.
    ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ Onceuponatime108hdtv-lol0074-1

Rumplestiltskin has become the Dark One.
    ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ Onceuponatime108hdtv-lol1029

As the Dark One, Rumplestiltskin has killed the nasty soldier and Baelfire is afraid of him now.
    ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ Onceuponatime108hdtv-lol1215

Only a short time goes by until next we see Baelfire (The Return). I read an interview with Robert Carlyle and he said this was suppose to be roughly 6 months after Rumplestiltskin became the Dark One.

Rumplestiltskin has ended the Ogre Wars I and Morraine has returned to the village alive. Baelfire dearly wants his father back and makes a deal with him - if Bae can find a way to get his father back without killing him, Rumple will give up being the DO - .

They still live in the same place but it is now decorated much 'richer' and they have a deaf servant. Morraine will tell Baelfire about Rheul Ghorm (the Blue Fairy). Bae gets a magic bean that will open a portal to a land without magic from the fairy. When he opens the portal he goes but Rumple is too scared to follow him and breaks the deal...it is the only deal he has ever broken.

You see Rumple & Bae having dinner in their home that is now all decked out with the finest stuff you could find in that time! Notice the 'wallpaper' in the back.
    ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ OnceUponaTimeS01E19HDTVx264-LOL0404

Morraine tells Bae that Rumple was pretty awesome when he ENDED Ogre War I. She also tells him about the Blue Fairy.
    ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ OnceUponaTimeS01E19HDTVx264-LOL0555

Bae presumably goes to a land without magic.
    ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ OnceUponaTimeS01E19HDTVx264-LOL0926

Back to 'The Crocodile' at some point that couldn't be very long after Bae went through the portal to a land without magic. We see Smee telling Rumple about a magic bean he has. Smee has heard of Rumple and why he became the DO and that he lost his son. We also see Killian Jones and Milha. We find out Milha actually ran off with the pirate Killian because she fell in love with him. Rumple kills her by ripping out her heart. After Killian tricks Rumple by keeping the bean, him & his crew & Smee use the bean and head off to Neverland. Also note that this is the last time we see Rumple still in the house that he had when Bae lived there.

Rumple meets with Smee & learns of another magic bean.
    ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ ScreenShot2012-10-22at105454png

Rumple encounters Killian for the first time after leaving his ship when he went to ask for his wife back.
    ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ ScreenShot2012-10-22at110646png

Rumple finds out that Milha is still alive.
    ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ ScreenShot2012-10-22at111824png

We see a sketch of Bae that Rumple has been keeping.
    ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ ScreenShot2012-10-22at122335png

Rumple realizes he was tricked. Notice the wallpaper that shows Rumple still living in the 'original' home he had with Bae.
    ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ ScreenShot2012-10-22at122358png

AT THIS POINT ROUGHLY 150 YEARS WILL PASS BEFORE WE SEE RUMPLE AGAIN!

THE WRITERS HAVE SAID THAT RUMPLE IS A COUPLE OF CENTURIES OLD AND ROBERT CARLYLE HAS SAID THAT RUMPLE IS 300 YEARS OLD. SO LETS SAY RUMPLE IS 50 WHEN BAE LEAVES...THAT MEANS 250 YEARS MORE NEED TO GO BY FOR HIM TO END UP BEING 300 YEARS OLD. BASED ON WHAT WILL FOLLOW WE CAN APPROXIMATE THAT ROUGHLY 65 YEARS CAN BE ACCOUNTED FOR BEFORE THE 'DARK CURSE' TAKES PLACE AND THEN ANOTHER 28 YEARS WILL GO BY IN STORYBROOKE WHILE TIME IS FROZEN FOR THOSE AFFECTED BY THE CURSE. SO 50+65+28 = 143...SO THAT LEAVES AT LEAST 157 YEARS NOT ACCOUNTED FOR!

Which brings us to 'That Still Small Voice' where we see a grown up Jimminy trade items he steals for gold thread with Rumplestiltskin (The Dark One). We also meet a very young Geppetto. Young Geppetto's parents get turned into puppets by accident and the Blue Fairy turns Jimminy into a cricket in order to help Geppetto. She tells Jimminy that he will live as long as Geppetto needs him. We also see in Storybrooke a much older Geppetto (Marco) who is good friends with Jimminy (Archie).

We see a very young Geppetto when he gives his umbrella to Jimminy.
    ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ OnceUponatimeS01E05HDTVXviD-LOL0296

We see Jimminy making deals with the Dark One.
    ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ NewPicture1

We see Jimminy getting the 'puppet potion'.
    ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ NewPicture2

We see Geppetto's parents before & after the 'puppet potion'.
    ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ OnceUponatimeS01E05HDTVXviD-LOL0633
    ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ NewPicture3

We see a young Geppetto react to seeing his parents as puppets.
    ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ OnceUponatimeS01E05HDTVXviD-LOL0704

The Blue Fairy turns Jimminy into a cricket & promises him he will live long enough to watch over Geppetto.
    ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ OnceUponatimeS01E05HDTVXviD-LOL1200

We see a much older Geppetto (Marco) & Jimminy (Archie) in Storybrooke.
    ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ OnceUponatimeS01E05HDTVXviD-LOL1231

In 'Red Handed' Granny tells the story of how she was bit by a wolf. She says it was 3 score years ago. A score is 20 years so she was bit 60 years ago when she was a child and her brothers & father who were all veterans of the Ogre War II! She tells this story only several years before The Dark Curse is cast so that means approximately 65 years ago was during or was near the time of Ogre Wars II.

Granny tells her wolf bite story.
    ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ OnceUponaTimeS01E15HDTVx264-LOL0370

Granny shows us the scar.
    ℬα℮łḟḯґ℮'s Åℊℯ OnceUponaTimeS01E15HDTVx264-LOL0406

This is all the facts supporting how old Bae is as of Oct. 28, 2012

So MINIMUM age of Bae is 14+150+50+28=242

14 = the age we saw Bae get into a portal

150 = the approximate number of years between Rumple being fooled by Killian Jones & Rumple making the puppet potion deal with Jimminy

50 = the approximate number of years between when we saw a young Geppetto to when we see him as an older Geppetto.

28 = the number of years of 'The Dark Curse' in Storybrooke.

Last edited by Ranna156 on Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:10 pm; edited 16 times in total
    Share this post on: reddit

Ranna156

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:47 am by Ranna156

probably older...i used that Rumple was exactly 300 in 2012 and stated that he was about 50 i think when Bae left (the 50 yrs of age was solely based on Carlyle's real age)...they were over estimates so that i could come up with a minimum.
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:40 am by obsessedwithOUAT

I don't remember how to figure the 150 but I don't doubt you. I think Bae is even older than 242 (and I know you said 'at least', granted). I know Rumpel is over 300 years old so figuring he wasn't older than 30's or at most 40 when Bae was born Bae would be over 260 years old.
    Ranna156

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:49 am by Ranna156

Can't wait to find out what Baelfire/Neal has been up to for the past couple of centuries!
    Ranna156

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:16 pm by Ranna156

Let me know please if I got anything wrong or if you disagree! Wink

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:37 am