Chat Once Upon a Time!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chat Once Upon a Time!

Welcome to Chat Once Upon a Time!, a chat site dedicated to the ABC hit show Once Upon a Time. This site aims to provide fellow Oncer fans a place to openly discuss & share anything & everything OUAT!

TIP: The chatbox is ONLY viewable to members. Try registering as a member if you would like to join our live chats every Sunday starting at 8:00 pm EST!!! magicprice

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatOUaT Tweets

Quickies!

The Queen is Dead Suggestionbox01 The Queen is Dead Howtos

The Queen is Dead VisitSB

The Queen is Dead EclecticsSpoilers The Queen is Dead EsSpoilChat

The Queen is Dead Sitemap02

The Queen is Dead Abcsite001

Get Ready to RUMPLE!!!

Poll

who do you think Lilly's Father is?
The Queen is Dead I_vote_lcap31%The Queen is Dead I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
The Queen is Dead I_vote_lcap8%The Queen is Dead I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
The Queen is Dead I_vote_lcap15%The Queen is Dead I_vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
The Queen is Dead I_vote_lcap0%The Queen is Dead I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
The Queen is Dead I_vote_lcap31%The Queen is Dead I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

OUaT Tweet Time

The Queen is Dead

eclectic1
    eclectic1

The Queen is Dead Empty The Queen is Dead

Post by eclectic1

Official ABC Recap & Pre Air info:

Our story begins in Fairy Tale Land as young Snow White’s birthday approaches. Her mother, the beautiful Queen Eva, guides Snow White to her chambers to give her a special birthday present. Inside, they find one of their servants, Johanna, trying on a tiara that’s meant for Snow. The young princess chides Johanna sharply until the Queen stops her, telling Snow that everyone is deserving of love and respect. As the lesson sinks in, the Queen collapses in a fit of coughing and is clearly unwell. A doctor is summoned and he quickly surmises that whatever has befallen the Queen, it’s beyond his abilities to cure and that the King should be summoned back to the castle immediately. Snow White, desperate to find a way to save her mother, asks Johanna if there’s anything she can do. Johanna tells Snow that The Blue Fairy may be able to provide a magic cure and Snow White heads out into the forest that very night in search of a magical cure for her mother.

In present day New York, Henry and Neal appear to be bonding quickly. What seems to still be taking some time is Henry forgiving Emma for lying to him all of this time about his father. It seems she and Mr. Gold both have sons who are angry with them. When the four of them return to Neal’s apartment to get Henry’s camera, Captain Hook suddenly attacks, plunging his hook deep into Mr. Gold’s chest before Emma knocks him out cold. Gold quickly determines that the wound is poisoned and nothing in New York will cure him. He needs magic and that means getting back to Storybrooke as soon as possible, which means taking Hook’s ship, The Jolly Roger. It’s a good thing Neal seems to know a thing or two about sailing, which comes as a bit of a surprise to Emma. Neal’s got one more surprise for her when she meets his fiancé!

Back in Storybrooke, it’s Mary Margaret’s birthday, but she’s refusing to celebrate. Even so, a gift is left for her. When she opens the box, she discovers the tiara from Fairy Tale Land and a note from Johanna. She goes out and finds her beloved friend and the two of them reconnect for the first time since The Curse brought them to Storybrooke. While visiting, Mary Margaret hears something in the woods nearby. She investigates and finds Regina and Cora digging, searching for Rumplestiltskin’s dagger. She realizes just how bad things would get if Cora got the dagger, gaining control of The Dark One or potentially the means to take his powers for herself! Mary Margaret tells David and they contact Emma to get the location of the dagger.

Flashback to Fairy Tale Land where young Snow White is walking through the forest at night, searching for the right blue star to wish upon. As she’s still finding her way, a voice calls out to her and The Blue Fairy appears, asking how she can help. Snow explains about her mother and asks for magic to cure her. The Fairy explains that death is part of life and to circumvent that would be to use dark magic, which always comes with a cost. The Fairy gives Snow a candle that, when lit, could heal the Queen, but must take someone else’s life in return. The Fairy also instructs Snow never to tell anyone about this. But young Snow White can’t bring herself to trade another life for her mother’s and confesses everything to her mother. The Queen is so proud of her daughter, telling her that as long as she keeps good in her heart, they will always be together. Then, the Queen slips away, leaving Snow White alone. After the Queen’s funeral, when everyone has left, The Blue Fairy appears once again, but suddenly is enveloped in familiar purple mist, transforming into Cora! Alone with the dead Queen, Cora explains how she poisoned Queen Eva and tried to tempt Snow White into doing something evil—a plan she won’t so easily abandon.

In Storybrooke, David and Mary Margaret are inside the inner workings of the clock tower and take Rumplestiltskin’s dagger from one of the hands of the clock. It seems like good has triumphed again when suddenly Cora and Regina appear, with a captive Johanna in tow. Regina promptly rips Johanna’s heart from her chest and begins to squeeze. The deal is simple, Johanna’s life for the dagger. As Cora explains, Snow finally figures out the truth—that Cora poisoned her mother and impersonated The Blue Fairy. Nevertheless, she can’t let Johanna be killed and hands the dagger over. Regina puts Johanna’s heart back, but as she walks back toward Snow, Cora magically thrusts Johanna through the clock face, sending her tumbling to the street below, killing her. Regina and Cora escape unscathed with the dagger, leaving Snow to grieve for another dead mother figure. At Johanna’s grave, Snow begins to believe that being good has caused her and those she loves so much pain. She resolves finally to kill Cora.

Pre-Air Info:

*Press Release...

MARY MARGARET VOWS TO KEEP RUMPLESTILTSKIN'S DAGGER AWAY FROM CORA AND REGINA, AND THE BLUE FAIRY OFFERS SNOW WHITE AN UNCONVENTIONAL SPELL THAT COULD HELP SAVE HER DYING MOTHER, THE QUEEN, ON ABC'S "ONCE UPON A TIME"

Lesley Nicol (Mrs. Patmore on "Downton Abbey") Guest Stars as Queen Eva's Servant, Johanna

"The Queen is Dead" - Upon discovering Cora and Regina's plan to find and take possession of Rumplestiltskin's dagger, Mary Margaret, with the aid of David and Mother Superior, makes it her mission to find it first; and while Mr. Gold continues his quest in New York to reunite with son Bae, Hook devises a plan to rid himself of a crocodile. Meanwhile, in the fairytale land that was, the Blue Fairy offers Snow White an unconventional enchantment that could help save her dying mother, Queen Eva, on "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, MARCH 3 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET STV) on the ABC Television Network.

"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O'Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Meghan Ory as Red Riding Hood/Ruby, and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Barbara Hershey as Cora, Keegan Connor Tracy as Mother Superior/Blue Fairy, Michael Raymond-James as Neal Cassidy, Bailee Madison as young Snow White, Lesley Nicol as Johanna, Rena Sofer as Eva, Duncan Ollerenshaw as royal doctor and Sonequa Martin-Green as Tamara.

"The Queen is Dead" was written by Daniel T. Thomsen & David H. Goodman and directed by Gwyneth Horder-Payton.

"Once Upon a Time" is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format with a 5.1 channel surround sound. A TV parental guideline will be assigned closer to the airdate.

Katerina, Tamara and Edith will appear in this episode

Lesley Nicol has appearance in this episode

Canadian Promo:

Sneak Peek #1

Sneak Peek #2 & #3

Sneak Peek #4

Sneak Peek #5

Last edited by eclectic1 on Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:55 pm; edited 14 times in total
    Share this post on: reddit

Ranna156

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:56 pm by Ranna156

Johanna putting on a crown didn't bother me and actually seemed like quite a 'normal' thing one might do...sort of like when you are a kid and putting on your mom's high heels or something...only in this case she is a servant putting on a crown... Wink
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:44 pm by obsessedwithOUAT

Another thing:

How did Johanna know about Eva and the Blue Fairy? How did the poison get passed to Eva? Why would someone meek like Johanna wear a crown? Notice that Johanna and Snow never reference the BF in Storybrooke? How would Cora have known to impersonate the BF when and where she did in FTL with young Snow?

I think that makes sense to me is that not only did Cora shapeshift into BF, she did the same with Johanna in FTL that was during this episode.
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:31 pm by obsessedwithOUAT

Ranna156 wrote:@obsessed - You know the thing that bothered me the most was that the pirate ship was still cloaked...I thought it was stated that leaving SB causes the magic to go away...

Right? They should have just left it alone like,
    "No one noticed a big pirate ship sailing into NY?"

"It's NY - why would anyone notice?" and THAT would have been better. OH, I was so hoping they wouldn't fall apart with continuity this early. They did so well last season. Oh, well.
    Ranna156

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:05 pm by Ranna156

@obsessed - You know the thing that bothered me the most was that the pirate ship was still cloaked...I thought it was stated that leaving SB causes the magic to go away...
    Ranna156

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:47 am by Ranna156

lol Obsessed! I still wonder why the hell Gold thought it would be a good idea to tell someone the location of hte dagger!
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:45 am by obsessedwithOUAT

And really? Cora can use magic to get the dagger from the grate but she can't just use it to take it from Snow? Come ON.
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:22 am by obsessedwithOUAT

Not for nothing but if you use magic just to look at Belle's purse contents, why wouldn't you use magic to dig a ditch rather than a shovel?
    Why not just launch PC out the window like you did Johanna?
    No one in Manhattan is going to keep his/her keys above the tire, especially if they can meet the person to give him/her keys.

We established in The Stable Boy that Regina knew it was no accident that Snow came across her path with the runaway horse. The scene in this ep showed it playing out, but the tone of realization by Regina and asking her mom about it again was another gaffe.

No, writers. No. You're slipping this season.

Anyhow, so how did Cora poison Snow's mom?
    Did Snow's mom and Cora have a run in years before that turned Cora against her, or was she a killing of opportunity only?
    How did Cora know Snow would seek Blue Fairy out or when she would seek her out?
    Ranna156

Post Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:57 am by Ranna156

loving Sneak Peek 5! Why is Gold being such a meanie to Henry? Is he trying to distance himself? I don't think he has been cross with a child on the show YET...and now he is...hmmm

Oh and Emma is totally wearing her heart on her sleeve...Baelfire/Neal better WIN HER OVER! I want to see some competition for that girl...er WOMAN!

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:43 pm by rra615

Ranna156 wrote:
    I took it that it had something to do with her being queen/princess previously in FTL and now they are in Storybrooke and she doesn't want to be a 'royal' anymore.

But now that @obsessed said that about her mom dying that sounds more likely! Wink

agreed, but also maybe its because she acted like such a little brat! maybe it has to do with her mom's death, and a mix of her old attitude?
    Ranna156

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:55 am by Ranna156

obsessedwithOUAT wrote:
    rra615 wrote:why does snow hate her birthday??!!

I'm guessing it was the day her mom died.

I took it that it had something to do with her being queen/princess previously in FTL and now they are in Storybrooke and she doesn't want to be a 'royal' anymore.

But now that @obsessed said that about her mom dying that sounds more likely! Wink
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:46 am by obsessedwithOUAT

rra615 wrote:why does snow hate her birthday??!!

I'm guessing it was the day her mom died.

Post Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:28 am by rra615

why does snow hate her birthday??!!
    Ranna156

Post Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:21 pm by Ranna156

Awww looks like someone is still carrying a torch for someone else! I wonder if Emma knows when she is lying to herself! haha
    Ranna156

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:47 pm by Ranna156

obsessedwithOUAT wrote:Hm. Looks like Johana is a nanny to Snow or hand maiden to her and/or her mother.

That is what i was thinking too...or i guess its always possible she was her sister or something...(snow's mothers sister that is)
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:20 pm by obsessedwithOUAT

Hm. Looks like Johana is a nanny to Snow or hand maiden to her and/or her mother.
    Ranna156

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 10:12 pm by Ranna156

obsessedwithOUAT wrote:Does anyone else think Rumpel could be Regina's real dad?

I thought about that but I am not so sure he would have let Cora totally have her...so then if figured probably not...but anything is possible! Wink
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Mon Feb 25, 2013 8:46 pm by obsessedwithOUAT

Does anyone else think Rumpel could be Regina's real dad?
    Ranna156

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:22 pm by Ranna156

obsessedwithOUAT wrote:Oh I like that spirit idea.

Anyhow, look at the spoiler pics. It looks like Regina might get Snow's heart!!!!! Obviously they aren't killing off Snow but woah!

yeah it definitely looks like she has a heart in her hands...i wonder if its snow's or someone else's (like Kathyrn's) and she is trying to use it as blackmail...
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:02 pm by obsessedwithOUAT

Oh I like that spirit idea.

Anyhow, look at the spoiler pics. It looks like Regina might get Snow's heart!!!!! Obviously they aren't killing off Snow but woah!
    Ranna156

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:51 am by Ranna156

pretty sure its been said several times that her mother is dead. Also i think i saw somewhere that she might have been murdered. But her 'spirit' i guess could be around in a tree or something...or a bird...in the original Cinderella I THINK her FGM was actually her real mother's spirit in the shape of a bird...
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:47 am by obsessedwithOUAT

Has anyone actually said that Snow's mom is dead, or has it all been stuff like, "We lost her"?

I ask because if BF offers Snow an enchantment to save her mom, I wonder if something happens to say......... I don't know... turn her into an enchanted tree so she lives on that way or send her to another realm or whatever and she is in fact ALIVE. Or maybe Snow turn her in a way that changes who she is as a person and so 'the queen is dead' in that 'the queen is no longer who she was and now there's a new personality here'. I don't know, just wondering. I know the story of Snow has her mom dying but they love new takes on things at OUAT.

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:40 am by rra615

okay the name of this episode gives some clues. it looks like theres going to be a battle between regina/cora and rumple/everyone else because they want his dagger. i'm hoping the title of this episode means that cora will die at the end instead of rumple. they absolutely cannot kill him off, theres no show w/o him!!

Ranna156

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:07 am by Ranna156

obsessedwithOUAT wrote:
    Ranna156 wrote:ok thanks Obsessed!!!

I think he said - short version: this world wasn't my first stop when i left home...if it was i would be a couple hundred years by now...HAS TO BE NL if he knew Hook...although i don't know how NL is considered a land without magic...

Right - sorry I was paraphrasing before as I hadn't seen it myself and was summing up what someone else said. It has to be NL. I know everyone said he went to a land without magic but that was just the plan - it didn't mean it would work (or at least I interpreted it that way). Or maybe if Rumpel had gone with him he wouldn't have been sent to NL to start with but wound up there when his dad wouldn't follow him? Or it could be a big hole in the plot (there have been gaffes here and there, or at least big liberties taken, I think).

The Blue Fairy told him to follow wherever the bean led so I think you might be right...if Rumple went with him maybe he would have come to our world first...but since he didn't it took him to a land where he would be 'taken care of' in a sense...I can't remember if she said it will take him where he needs to go as well as follow wherever it leads...
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:59 am by obsessedwithOUAT

Ranna156 wrote:ok thanks Obsessed!!!

I think he said - short version: this world wasn't my first stop when i left home...if it was i would be a couple hundred years by now...HAS TO BE NL if he knew Hook...although i don't know how NL is considered a land without magic...

Right - sorry I was paraphrasing before as I hadn't seen it myself and was summing up what someone else said. It has to be NL. I know everyone said he went to a land without magic but that was just the plan - it didn't mean it would work (or at least I interpreted it that way). Or maybe if Rumpel had gone with him he wouldn't have been sent to NL to start with but wound up there when his dad wouldn't follow him? Or it could be a big hole in the plot (there have been gaffes here and there, or at least big liberties taken, I think).
    Ranna156

Post Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:54 am by Ranna156

ok thanks Obsessed!!!

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:01 pm