Chat Once Upon a Time!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chat Once Upon a Time!

Welcome to Chat Once Upon a Time!, a chat site dedicated to the ABC hit show Once Upon a Time. This site aims to provide fellow Oncer fans a place to openly discuss & share anything & everything OUAT!

TIP: The chatbox is ONLY viewable to members. Try registering as a member if you would like to join our live chats every Sunday starting at 8:00 pm EST!!! magicprice

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatOUaT Tweets

Quickies!

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 Suggestionbox01 New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 Howtos

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 VisitSB

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 EclecticsSpoilers New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 EsSpoilChat

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 Sitemap02

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 Abcsite001

Get Ready to RUMPLE!!!

Poll

who do you think Lilly's Father is?
New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_lcap31%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_lcap15%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_lcap31%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

OUaT Tweet Time

+7
eclectic1
cuddlyasatiger
Ranna156
Shekinel
rra615
obsessedwithOUAT
LZenOUT
11 posters

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady

Poll

Neal Cassady IS Henry's father....AND???

[ 4 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 14 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_lcap26%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [26%] 
    [ 6 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_lcap11%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 3 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [6%] 
    [ 6 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_lcap11%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 1 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_lcap2%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [2%] 
    [ 10 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_lcap19%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [19%] 
    [ 5 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_lcap9%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [9%] 
    [ 2 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 2 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_lcap4%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [4%] 

Total Votes: 53
    Poll closed
    LZenOUT
    LZenOUT

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 Empty New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady

Post by LZenOUT Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Peter Pan. He has an indian dream-catcher on the wall by his window and a number of other amerian indian style amulets (for lack of a better word) hanging near the door. He knows about the curse enough for someone to send him a message that it's broken yet he's so young. That leads me to think that he doesn't age. If he's not Peter Pan, I'd be very surprised.
    LZenOUT
    LZenOUT

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 Empty Re: New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady

Post by LZenOUT Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:08 am

rra615 wrote:in tallahassee, when neal and emma are in the motel, he didn't know what the dream catcher was until emma told him. he wanted to keep it, and he even made a comment asking about how it is like fly paper for nightmares. in the next scene it goes to MM and aurora talking about the sleeping curse side effects.

now, i know i'm going out on a long shot, but i still think neal is from another world, not ours. maybe he suffered from the sleeping curse too? i mean, they wouldn't have seen him in the room because it was 10-11 years prior. i watched the episode a few times and the last time i watched it, that stuck out to me.
    Great catch! Very possible.
    rra615

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 2 Empty Re: New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady

Post by rra615 Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:43 pm

in tallahassee, when neal and emma are in the motel, he didn't know what the dream catcher was until emma told him. he wanted to keep it, and he even made a comment asking about how it is like fly paper for nightmares. in the next scene it goes to MM and aurora talking about the sleeping curse side effects.

now, i know i'm going out on a long shot, but i still think neal is from another world, not ours. maybe he suffered from the sleeping curse too? i mean, they wouldn't have seen him in the room because it was 10-11 years prior. i watched the episode a few times and the last time i watched it, that stuck out to me.
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:57 am

To more on the Peter Pan (and possibly Bae) idea, there's this from Wikipedia page on PP:

"Peter's ability to fly is explained somewhat, but inconsistently. In The Little White Bird he is able to fly because he – like all babies – is part bird."

The bird that delivered the postcard was white.

Also the page discusses at length the significance of the open window/ closed window to PP, and Neal's window was open.

obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:16 pm

You know what the number 1 argument is for him being a famous thief (well, okay besides the fact that he's.... a thief)? The fact that they said that in that picture above (the one that tells us something and is at the top of the website) they said it wouldn't be Henry that gives it away. Given past stuff they've said being completely not true (like only 6 in 10k guessed Dr. Whale's identity right) it wouldn't shock me if Henry DOES give it away. He looks Robin Hood-ish, so if Neal were Robin Hood I wouldn't be shocked.

That said, I don't believe he's Robin Hood.
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:49 am

I still think Baelfire is PP...still not convinced that Neal is also Baelfire...but if he is then I think he is also PP...

those photo's could still lean more to a descendant of Bae and they just have some of the same mannerisms/expressions...
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:47 pm

I can't vote because I think Neal is a supercombo of a bunch of these. If he's Bae, then he's Bae -not a descendant, I think. I think if he is Bae it's perfect for my Rumpel liking Team Charming theory. I think I fell firmly into Bae with the idea of the dagger, and so that means he's got a connection that would allow him not to age. This would make him POSSIBLY PP, and I'm not letting go of the connection to the book!
    LZenOUT
    LZenOUT

Post by LZenOUT Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:23 pm

Here's some pretty convincing photo evidence by IMDb subscriber JurisAnnarielle for Neal being Baelfire. Click here to see what she's put together
    playarita
    playarita

Post by playarita Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:31 am

I wanted to add to the theory because I did not even think to research other stories or myths that deal with eternal youth.

I researched if there any other fairy tales where Bae could have maintained his age the way he could have as Peter Pan? (And if anyone knows of other stories, fairy tales or myths that could mirror Peter Pan or something it'd be great to research these as well)

I
    was contemplating Peter Pan only because that was the only story I
    could think of that had that specific plot point. From my research of
    Peter Pan, the aspect of Peter came from Barrie's own life and Pan was
    influenced by Greek mythology. In Greek mythology there are myths
    concerning immortality and eternal youth.

It may be possible that Bae drank from the fountain of youth periodically throughout his life http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fountain_of_Youth And interestingly enough there is a connection to Florida. (At this point this can lead to two different theories where Neal is Bae or Neal is a descendent of Bae who is still alive, young and healthy)

Another
    possibility is that this could something where he had heard about
    eternal youth and/or immortality back when our world was more rooted in
    magic (which could say for instance given us artifacts that had FTL's
    magic) and what happened was that he was cursed with eternal youth (or
    slowed aging for instance) and it was not until meeting Wendy did her
    true love's kiss free Bae from the curse. Bae in turn could have
    accepted it and believe that he and his father would never reunite. (I am still stuck on Wendy because of her involvement in the Peter Pan story and its possible that their story was changed through the years until Barrie heard it).

I
    sort of like this vein of thought because it parallels Rumple and Belle
    but in Bae's case he is brave enough to break the curse and be with
    Wendy.

OH! and I just remembered a movie I had seen ages ago: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0283084/
    Tuck Everlasting where it is about a family of immortals which sort of coincides with the Fountain of Youth idea. Maybe Bae and
    Wendy and their family had their families and drank the fountain of
    youth if they so chose? Neal could still then be a descendent of Bae's...
    eclectic1
    eclectic1

Post by eclectic1 Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:00 am

Impressive and interesting theory, playarita... Cool Smile

I cant wait to see what was in that box...as well as hopefully more backstory on Neal!
    playarita
    playarita

Post by playarita Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:22 pm

I love the idea of Neal being a descendent of Bae. I especially love this idea because it seems to really show the consequences of magic and the price that has to be paid. What better way (plot wise) to have the price that Rumple has to pay is the fact that his son has lived, loved and died knowing that Rumple had abandoned him.

I do like the idea of Bae being Peter Pan if only because according to Wikipedia Barrie had originally called our land as mainland essentially denoting that neverland was a physical island offshore Britain (in the sea or sky not sure) so that would mean that Neverland existed in our world.

From what I assume is that our world is without magic. However more specifically it is without FairyTale Land's magic but that does not mean we do not have our own magic. We do have supernatural and paranormal creatures (fairies, imps, the Coyote from mythology--though I think of Charles DeLint's character of Jack) and humans do have some ability but its more in the tapping of the elements and the source rather than actual physical manipulation.

So if Bae is Peter Pan he may have stayed in Neverland and met Wendy. Falling in love meant he would give up his staying there with the hope of a reunion with Rumple.

(Also the timeline I am using is based on the belief that because Bae left soon after Rumple turned to a dark one, and Rumple was a dark one for a few centuries... Then Bae entered our world in the 1700s or so and found Neverland. He stayed until Wendy met Peter Pan during the early 1900s. Especially since towards the end of the books (or movies) Wendy mentions wanting Peter to talk to her parents about something very sweet which I believe was an engagement then marriage. Wendy was about 12 when she went to Neverland making her about a couple years younger then Bae (well when he entered Neverland he would have been 14).

If the story was published in 1911 I am using that as a way of estimating when Wendy was born and when Bae would have been born (not real age but age that he stopped growing). Wendy would have been born late 1800 (around 1899 possibly 1900) with Bae being "born" a couple years earlier.

For the life expectancy it is possible that depending on the climate in Britain in that time (since there was a very serious outbreak of influenza in the early 1900s and serious sanitation issues in that time--like no one cleaned horse excrement etc. It was that bad--all of this could weaken an immune system), then add the expectations of family (is a woman expected to have a lot of children) then Wendy more than likely lived to around 40 to 50 years of age and Bae may have lived to around 50 or 60. (Also I am basing these life expectancies on my own family genealogy where in those times it was common to have men and women live to about 40 and 50 years in age possibly longer if fortunate).

With them having children around the 1920s to 1930s then these children would bear children around the 1950s who could then give birth to their children around the 1970s and 1980s... That means that Bae and Wendy would be Neal's great grandparents.

It is then possible that Barrie could have known Wendy's family and heard her fanciful tale and decide to write his own version not realizing it was true. Then Bae and Wendy could have kept a journal or an illustrated book about Bae's life up to how he met Wendy which would be passed through the generations but for their family only.

That could then be why Neal, who has FTL blood in him though faint, would recognize what was in the box. It was connecting to the stories he heard as a kid and did not think was real or possible...
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:33 am

I'm convinced that based on the idea that the dagger is what was in that box (rather, dagger pic) that August was telling Rumpel the truth when he said "a little fairy" told him about it, and I think most of us who watched knew he meant BF. So I'll be VERY curious to see how this plays out.

I'm not giving up on a book connection, though!
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:29 am

There is no doubt to me whatsoever that Neal is connected to FTL or some magic world somehow. I think that the idea of the dagger in the box is perfect.
    cuddlyasatiger
    cuddlyasatiger

Post by cuddlyasatiger Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:16 am

Aha! Robin Hood falls into the "no magic" category! pirat

I didn't get the idea that Neal didn't have any idea about magic. In fact I thought he pretty neatly dodged answering August's question, which makes me suspect he does know a thing or two about magic.
    rra615

Post by rra615 Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:38 pm

i understand - that's what i was thinking too. i hoped that he had ties to FTL previously but after tallahassee i don't think he does. i hope they show us that he does at some point!

i rewatched that episode, and there were many dream catchers and references to them, so i think the dream catcher was the item to see in the apartment - so if he has anything to do with FTL i think it's something that ties in with the dream catcher, either in wonderland, neverland, or oz
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:29 pm

added Oz for option #10!

And unfortunately that fills up the number of options allowed on the poll...but we can still comment about who we think he is!

@intreatment...I think he might be a descendant of Baelfire and what he saw was a drawing of the Dark One dagger...will definitely be interesting for sure to find out who he is!
    intreatment420
    intreatment420

Post by intreatment420 Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:02 pm

Sorry but him being , Bae or peter pan does not fit! From what I got from the episode,was up until August opened his box he had no idea or belife in magic or a fairytale reality,if he was bae or peter he would have been very aware of it ! His ftl counter part if any has to be one he became after learning about magic,I still like oz for that , since he was a character from our world that ,accidently got mixed up in another, But it could possibly be someone we haven't thought of.
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:53 am

mugsie wrote:i like this new character and scene...reminds me of LOST when we meet desmond and then the hatch is blown open.

if this is at all reminiscent of LOST in this respect, the character's identity and connection to the main characters will be VERY interesting.

bringing this one up again...she is my sister after all!...it definitely reminds me of LOST and especially after Tallahassee...I am really wondering if he DOES have ties to more people than just Emma & August! This DEFINITELY supports my 'Neal is a descendant of Bae' theory!
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:48 am

Ranna156 wrote:I definitely think he will be tied to more than one of the characters. Most likely Emma & August since they were the only ones who we know of that were out and about outside of SB.

It is also entirely possible that this guy is Henry's father, Baelfire, & Peter Pan (or a Lost Boy)...although I hope Henry's father isn't Bae or PP since he supposedly was such a dirt bag!

ok just bringing this oldie but goodie up to the forefront!

see obsessed...i call them right too on occasion! hahaha

AND for the record I now think that Bae IS Peter Pan! I don't think Neal is Peter Pan though....
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:29 am

well only if HE was PP...i don't think Neal is PP I think Bael is...and now I think Neal is a descendant of Bae...

in the other things i had all these thoughts on how he could still be Bae & PP & have descendants...haha
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:51 pm

I don't remember where I wrote it but whatever it is it reminds him/reveals to him someone knows his FTL character. That dagger idea is a good one. I love my writer/book idea because there's not much that can rule it out and lots that can make it work in combo with other stuff. But you know what? I think I'm on board also with the dagger.

I don't think it's Tink because IF he's PP he would have been like, "Hey TINK!"
    Noortjj
    Noortjj

Post by Noortjj Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:35 am

Ranna156 wrote:he might STILL have a connection/counterpart to FTL. He could TOTALLY be a descendant of Bae...and it was that dagger picture August had that he showed him...picking Bae descendant for now! Wink

I like this theory Smile
    cuddlyasatiger
    cuddlyasatiger

Post by cuddlyasatiger Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:01 am

Still holding on to Robin Hood... batman
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:22 am

added that one obsessed!
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:38 pm

Book writer
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:09 pm

For my own notes/record - I had 'Father and someone from WL' on Poll #1

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:36 pm