Chat Once Upon a Time!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chat Once Upon a Time!

Welcome to Chat Once Upon a Time!, a chat site dedicated to the ABC hit show Once Upon a Time. This site aims to provide fellow Oncer fans a place to openly discuss & share anything & everything OUAT!

TIP: The chatbox is ONLY viewable to members. Try registering as a member if you would like to join our live chats every Sunday starting at 8:00 pm EST!!! magicprice

March 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatOUaT Tweets

Quickies!

Tamara! Suggestionbox01 Tamara! Howtos

Tamara! VisitSB

Tamara! EclecticsSpoilers Tamara! EsSpoilChat

Tamara! Sitemap02

Tamara! Abcsite001

Get Ready to RUMPLE!!!

Poll

who do you think Lilly's Father is?
Tamara! I_vote_lcap31%Tamara! I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
Tamara! I_vote_lcap8%Tamara! I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Tamara! I_vote_lcap15%Tamara! I_vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
Tamara! I_vote_lcap0%Tamara! I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Tamara! I_vote_lcap31%Tamara! I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

OUaT Tweet Time

+4
kami808
obsessedwithOUAT
Shekinel
Ranna156
8 posters

Tamara!

Poll

Who is Tamara REALLY?

[ 3 ]
    Tamara! I_vote_lcap20%Tamara! I_vote_rcap [20%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Tamara! I_vote_lcap0%Tamara! I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Tamara! I_vote_lcap20%Tamara! I_vote_rcap [20%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Tamara! I_vote_lcap13%Tamara! I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Tamara! I_vote_lcap7%Tamara! I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Tamara! I_vote_lcap13%Tamara! I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Tamara! I_vote_lcap27%Tamara! I_vote_rcap [27%] 

Total Votes: 15
    Poll closed
    rra615

Tamara! Empty Re: Tamara!

Post by rra615 Tue May 14, 2013 7:49 am

i think its option 4 and option 7 combined... she's a secret agent unknowingly working for someone evil..or who we perceive to be evil
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Tue May 14, 2013 1:43 am

ok closing this down as it has been confirmed she is working for someone as an agent of some sort...
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:59 pm

ok i think the episode 'The Evil Queen' made an even stronger case that Tamara is working for something...still leaning strong on the secret society thing!
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:05 pm

yeah i agree there is that too...why would Ursula want to get rid of magic in a world?
    LZenOUT
    LZenOUT

Post by LZenOUT Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:42 am

Ranna156 wrote:So little is known about Tamara i think anything is possible. Wink haha I think the FGM avenue is not it though. I DO think there is more to the 'history' of the fairies and Rumple than what we have seen and maybe that is something to be explored later on...

I still shy away from Ursula as well just because she looked kind of scared when that Dragon started smoking...i just don't think 'Ursula' would look scared at seeing magic...so i am sticking with she is part of some secret society bent on keeping magic out of this world.
    Although I see similarities to Ursula, I can't fit the picture or her whole search and destroy deal into into the theory.
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:53 am

So little is known about Tamara i think anything is possible. Wink haha I think the FGM avenue is not it though. I DO think there is more to the 'history' of the fairies and Rumple than what we have seen and maybe that is something to be explored later on...

I still shy away from Ursula as well just because she looked kind of scared when that Dragon started smoking...i just don't think 'Ursula' would look scared at seeing magic...so i am sticking with she is part of some secret society bent on keeping magic out of this world.
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:40 am

Another thought to Tamara and Ursula -

In relation to the blog post about how ridiculously short the time was from Neal meeting Tam to them getting engaged:

That's sort of like Ursula in the form of the girl with almond-shaped eyes and dark hair who spellbinds Prince Eric with Ariel's voice. So if she is Ursula, maybe that's how she wooed Neal?

One thing I do like about the Fairy Godmother relation theory is it does tie in why they introduced that bit to the story AND the "no one mourns her" line. I don't think that was incidental.

Of course again - why can't it be both? But the biggest thing supporting Ursula is the whole 'that wasn't a taser' bit, I think. This is especially since a mermaid was referenced in "Skin Deep".
    rer156
    rer156

Post by rer156 Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:25 am

with all this talk of secret societies, super power tasers (like they are from the future or something), and her out to KILL apparently any magic wielding person The Terminator (or a form of it) actually crossed my mind! roflmao3
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:39 pm

rra615 wrote:
    Ranna156 wrote:
    I changed my vote but i still think there might be some sort of tie to Robin Hood...and Lancelot!

if she has ties to Lancelot, could she be Guinevere? she said she wasn't magical, she didn't say she was from our world..

true she never confirmed or denied if she was from the enchanted forest (or elsewhere). She evaded that question pretty nicely...i think she just said something like - do you mean am i magical?...no i am quite human - or something like that!
    rra615

Post by rra615 Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:03 pm

Ranna156 wrote:
    I changed my vote but i still think there might be some sort of tie to Robin Hood...and Lancelot!

if she has ties to Lancelot, could she be Guinevere? she said she wasn't magical, she didn't say she was from our world..
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:25 pm

ok combined the secret society/gov agency groups and clarified if she is ONLY Tamara then she is working her own personal agenda and doesn't work for anyone else.

I am really liking the spy/secret society angle. It could explain a lot:

* She doesn't seem to have a 'real' as in 9 to 5 job that she needs to be at, but seems to have plenty of cash and resources on hand.
    * She seems to have more than one vehicle...in MANHATTAN. I don't think that white vehicle August was driving of hers was the same vehicle Emma & Neal took to get the ship...
    * When she was in Hong Kong somehow she had access to a lab or some highly sophisticated equipment to perform all of her testing. Granted she could be independantly wealthy, but even then i don't think it is that easy to get the kind of equipment you might need brought in a snap. Sounds to me like her 'agency' may have already had a lab set up there under the guise of some legitimate business.
    * August point blank asked her if she was coming to take the magic away - and she didn't want The Dragon to be found by anyone else.
    * The 'magical taser' could have been gotten from someone else or i think it more likely that who ever is heading up this agency is well aware and experienced with magic and had it created for their 'agents'.

Maybe this should go more in the fanfiction section but i am really picturing something like when this world was created it was created to not have magic and there is this secret society bent on keeping it out at any cost. Also thinking that its quite possible the current head is someone we have seen before...someone like maybe...LANCELOT!

It would also explain any ties to Owen/Greg

Would explain why she does seem to have some ethics and knows the diff between right and wrong, but apparently is willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done.

Explains all the secretiveness

Also sets up some drama for the characters in this world if there is some agency after them. Gives a lot of them a pretty good excuse to want to get the hell out of this world.

Hopefully they don't call it the DHARMA Initiative (which i am sure they can come up with something to fit that acronym that would say they are bent on eradicating/keeping magic from this world)...then again that would be pretty funny if it was the DHARMA initiative! Wink

LZenOUT
    LZenOUT

Post by LZenOUT Tue Mar 26, 2013 5:12 pm

I'm inclined to think that the theories that she's a government operative or a secret societ operative are pretty much equivalent. Let's face it, our government has quite a few secret groups. So whether they're government or some well-funded private secret society ... same same.
    rra615

Post by rra615 Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:13 pm

i think the taser could be a wand in disguise, but maybe an evil wand?
    Shekinel
    Shekinel

Post by Shekinel Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:21 pm

I dont know about being in CIA, but i do agree she could be in some sort of secret society.I can see her as a spy! Jane Espenson tweeted her Taser was not a regular one, the reason i thought of Ursula in the first place, but if she is some sort of agent/spy , maybe that taser was from another magical person she had encounter first (maybe Ursula) before the dragon, and she uses on magical beings. Staying with Ursula theory until more evidence! haha
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:48 am

you both make really good points! I shy away from Ursula just because i did actually believe her when she said she wasn't magical and was a human. Although i guess a witch could be human and wield magic and Ursula is a sea witch...

LZ i am liking your CIA operative theory, but i am more inclined to take it a step further and think she is a member of some secret society bent on keeping/eradicating etc magic from this world. It would also explain her connection to Owen/Greg. Maybe she was told to go check out his story or something and that is how they initially met. It would also explain why he might be ok with her 'playing at being Neal's fiance' and also all the 'cloak & dagger' with the 'her' on his phone...

ugh i just hope her mystery isn't carried out until next season!
    LZenOUT
    LZenOUT

Post by LZenOUT Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:08 am

I'll take a stab at this like Shek did with Tamara being a CIA operative (still laughing about this)

1.) She had been looking for someone with magic for a long time - Your mission, Tamara, is to seek out and destroy all forms of magic
    2.) She was on borrowed time - Her cover story
    3.) She was seeking a cure but wasn't ill - Her cover story
    4.) She had access to money and scientific equipment and apparently knows how to use it and also knows her elements - the CIA has nice equipment
    5.) She did look truly frightened when The Dragon started smoking and stuff - the first time she'd actually seen a magic user
    6.) She said that magic was rare in this world - it's supposed to be non-existant because we're in a land without magic, but don't get me started
    7.) She apparently didn't want anyone else to find this guy who did wield magic - it's her mission
    8.) She did seem to have some ethics when it came to stealing (unless she was the one doing it) - sounds like a government operative to me LOL
    9.) Had no issues lying to people or killing people - unfortunately, sounds like a government operative to me as well
    10.) Had access to a very powerful and apparently magical taser - how James Bond of her Smile
    11.) Seemed partial to her grandmother or at least that photo with an older and younger woman - even spies have family

As much as I think this is a crazy theory, I think it fits better than any of the other so far. Smile
    Shekinel
    Shekinel

Post by Shekinel Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:09 am

Ursula for now. Ranna I will use your list to make some conections to Ursula!(Hope you dont mind) I used this as a reference(and copy pasted), Found interesting stuff. If you guys have time give it a look! http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Ursula

*She had been looking for someone with magic for a long time
    For many years she has been seeking a way to exact her revenge upon King Triton for banishing her from the kingdom
    *She was on borrowed time
    -She can turn into a human and into a mermaid via spells wich, in some cases, she is on borrowed time.
    *She was seeking a cure but wasn't ill
    That little bottle reminded me of the potion she gave Ariel, not sayin it actually is tho.
    *She had access to money and scientific equipment and apparently knows how to use it and also knows her elements
    -She is a sea witch, who has some knowledge of science and magic.She was able to concoct various potions to create various spells, including mass-transfer (implied during the song "Poor Unfortunate Souls") as well as physically altering people's bodies, as evidenced by her transforming Ariel into a human, as well as her own transformation into Vanessa and Arsulu
    *She did seem to have some ethics when it came to stealing (unless she was the one doing it)
    -However for a villain she expects standards in her home saying to Ariel "we mustn't lurk in doorways. It's rude". In the original story, the sea witch is a neutral enabler, but for Disney's animated adaptation, the character was modified into a full-fledged antagonist. Maybe she has some ethics and standards in her own way xD
    *Had no issues lying to people or killing peopl
    -Ursula is very manipulative and has a talent of making great sense and making great points when trying to strike a deal.She is known to fill the heads of merpeople with deceptions.Despite using contracts to get her way, Ursula has little regard for following her end of the bargain.It's also implied that she absorbs their souls while transforming them into polyps, making herself more powerful in the process.
    *Had access to a very powerful and apparently magical taser
    -Eels

* The concept of the beautiful dark-haired rival for the prince's affections is another plot point adapted and modified from the original fairytale
    *Someone told me in the original, Ursula wore a scarf.

I so want her to be Ursula!! If she is not..damn writers! Having me all excited and going crazy! hahaha
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:42 am

then there is the meaning of Tamara - which is palm tree and has oriental connotations. what is sort of noteworthy in this wiki link is a shakespeare character in one of his tragedies where she was ambitious and vengeful...sounds like her!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamara_%28given_name%29
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:22 am

ok couple of things stood out to me mentioned about Tamara - some were said in her 'disguise' of cancer so who knows how 'true' they are but i still think there are most likely clues in there...

1.) She had been looking for someone with magic for a long time
    2.) She was on borrowed time
    3.) She was seeking a cure but wasn't ill
    4.) She had access to money and scientific equipment and apparently knows how to use it and also knows her elements
    5.) She did look truly frightened when The Dragon started smoking and stuff
    6.) She said that magic was rare in this world
    7.) She apparently didn't want anyone else to find this guy who did wield magic
    8.) She did seem to have some ethics when it came to stealing (unless she was the one doing it)
    9.) Had no issues lying to people or killing people
    10.) Had access to a very powerful and apparently magical taser
    11.) Seemed partial to her grandmother or at least that photo with an older and younger woman

Anyway i am currently torn between she is just an evil witch bent on perpetual youth and she is actually the grandmother in that photo. Or she is the witch from Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves. I find it a little odd that they are introducing RH this late in the season and I can't help but think there is a tie there somehow.
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:04 am

Sorry to do this but there can't be more than 10 options in a poll so i am going to delete this poll and start a new one since i think most of us agree at this point that whoever Tamara is most of the options listed are NOT it! Wink

Tamara! Tamara-quizone
    rra615

Post by rra615 Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:35 pm

eclectic1 wrote:Jane Espenson posted that what Tamara was using was not a taser...hmmm... Cool
    (in her own 'cryptic way', of course!)

in that article obsessed posted people were saying its a wand disguised as a taser - thats how it killed the dragon. if she's ursula, i can see it being the electricity from her eels stored in a taser looking weapon.

if she's not ursula, i can't think of who else she would be. i don't think she's from neverland because neal didn't meet her until nyc and we all know neal's been to neverland (or we can all assume so)

if she were to be a fairy, and from the off chance she's from neverland, tink is very temperamental, so that could be it... but i don;t think she's from there!
    eclectic1
    eclectic1

Post by eclectic1 Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:31 pm

Jane Espenson posted that what Tamara was using was not a taser...hmmm... Cool
    (in her own 'cryptic way', of course!)
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:55 am

I agree rra and i get a bad vibe from her too. She is running around with Owen while engaged to Neal pretending she didn't know anything about magic and killing people. I don't think she is related to Cinderella's FGM either. At this point I would be willing to think Shek is the closest with her being Ursula but that whole thing about her being human makes me think she isn't...
    rra615

Post by rra615 Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:57 am

that site is pretty convinced that she's related to cinderella's fairy godmother. i can see the resemblance, but who was in the picture tamara carried around? she didnt look like the FGM. it doesn't make sense to me - why would she want to kill "the dragon" (and who is he??) if it was rumple who killed her mother? i wasn't clear if she knew exactly who neal was, or just overheard his convo w/ august.
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:39 am

The biggest thing supporting Ursula is the taser, because why else would you use a taser to attack a man who is magical, and how else could it have harmed Pinocchio -someone made of wood - when he didn't get hurt stabbing himself with a scalpel?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content