Chat Once Upon a Time!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chat Once Upon a Time!

Welcome to Chat Once Upon a Time!, a chat site dedicated to the ABC hit show Once Upon a Time. This site aims to provide fellow Oncer fans a place to openly discuss & share anything & everything OUAT!

TIP: The chatbox is ONLY viewable to members. Try registering as a member if you would like to join our live chats every Sunday starting at 8:00 pm EST!!! magicprice

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatOUaT Tweets

Quickies!

Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 Suggestionbox01 Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 Howtos

Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 VisitSB

Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 EclecticsSpoilers Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 EsSpoilChat

Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 Sitemap02

Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 Abcsite001

Get Ready to RUMPLE!!!

Poll

who do you think Lilly's Father is?
Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 I_vote_lcap31%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 I_vote_lcap8%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 I_vote_lcap15%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 I_vote_lcap8%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 I_vote_lcap31%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

OUaT Tweet Time

+5
LZenOUT
obsessedwithOUAT
cuddlyasatiger
Shekinel
Ranna156
9 posters

Who is Dr. Whale

Poll

Who do you think Dr. Whale is?

[ 0 ]
    Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 I_vote_lcap18%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [18%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 I_vote_lcap6%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [6%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 I_vote_lcap41%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [41%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 I_vote_lcap18%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [18%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 I_vote_lcap17%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [17%] 
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 17
    Poll closed
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 Empty Who is Dr. Whale

Post by Ranna156 Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

I thought we had this topic going...or a poll...but i don't see one so i am going to start it...again...lol

I am sticking with Dr.Jekyll/Mr.Hyde although Prince Eric would take a close second (from the little mermaid).

can't remember all the theories on this one...so give me more and i will add them!dragon

Last edited by Ranna156 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Who is Dr. Whale - Page 5 Empty Re: Who is Dr. Whale

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Locking in: Gingerbread Man.
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:14 pm

Do you think they'd gender switch? Like he is a she in FTL? Shoot - Gingerbread Man isn't a bad thought
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:01 pm

What about the gingerbread man?
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:49 pm

cuddlyasatiger wrote:Clues maybe?

Dr. Whale in answer to MM's question about never walking into a situation in which you knew the outcome would just be hurtful, but doing it anyway.
    "By never doing what's expected. Keeps life interesting."

David Anders:
    I'm back in a big way! ... We're dealing with the magic in Stroybrooke first and the love stories will come later. But you learn what world I come from, who I am and it's really
    cool.

So whose love haven't we seen yet? And who is unpredictable/spontaneous?

Yes! I wish I could watch him in season 1 again but I'm limited. I saw Red Handed today, and it's the one where he and Red are talking and then he scampers as Emma and MM approach. Come to think of it, he's REALLY interested in Red, isn't he? He's a creeper.... EEK. I need those earlier eps. I might watch them online and risk a virus. I feel like it's RIGHT there.
    cuddlyasatiger
    cuddlyasatiger

Post by cuddlyasatiger Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:34 pm

Clues maybe?

Dr. Whale in answer to MM's question about never walking into a situation in which you knew the outcome would just be hurtful, but doing it anyway.
    "By never doing what's expected. Keeps life interesting."

David Anders:
    I'm back in a big way! ... We're dealing with the magic in Stroybrooke first and the love stories will come later. But you learn what world I come from, who I am and it's really
    cool.

So whose love haven't we seen yet? And who is unpredictable/spontaneous?
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:01 pm

"So for instance, Dr. Whale is someone we’re excited that we’re going to reveal in Episode 5. Once they know, they can go back to Season 1 and see that we’ve planted clues along the way." - EK

EEK! Of course we know they are giving us clues, but what a tease. I wish I had the earlier episodes. I don't have anything after pilot and before heart is a lonely hunter
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:53 pm

Sheke, I love your ideas!
    Shekinel
    Shekinel

Post by Shekinel Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:44 pm

haha I'm just taking a random guess! Because i can't really blend or connect him with any other characters mentioned,like Frankenstein, Dr Jekyll or Dr.Nemo , because i really dont know their story(maybe a litte about Frankenstein). I even read some people think He could be Dracula!! This is the only character that REALLY has my mind in blank xD. So the only think that works for me is Puss in Boots even tho the only backup i have is his love for the ladies xD
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:17 pm

Shekinel wrote:I was reading some of his interviews looking for hints about his identity and in one of them, and i quote, he says " I'm not just a womanizing lech who occasionally heals people. I'm still a pussy-hound, but the magic is released so everyone is realizing who they are. We're dealing with the magic in Stroybrooke first and the love stories will come later. But you learn what world I come from, who I am and it's really cool." So we all notice his...love..for the ladies and he said he still a pussy-hound. So , i'll go with he is Puss in Boots xD!! HAHA And that "you learn what world I come from" makes me think he is not from FTL.

He is QUITE the tomcat, isn't he? INTERESTING! Here's the thing about this group: between us all, someone has called Graham being Huntsman, August being the 7 year-old, August being Pinocchio, and who knows what else so I'd be pretty surprised if none of us called it. Even if it is only 6 in 10000 that got it right, I'm confident that one of those 6 is on this board (and I really like the Nemo theory). I think that Nemo idea is the one I'm going with now.
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:49 pm

Shekinel wrote:I was reading some of his interviews looking for hints about his identity and in one of them, and i quote, he says " I'm not just a womanizing lech who occasionally heals people. I'm still a pussy-hound, but the magic is released so everyone is realizing who they are. We're dealing with the magic in Stroybrooke first and the love stories will come later. But you learn what world I come from, who I am and it's really cool." So we all notice his...love..for the ladies and he said he still a pussy-hound. So , i'll go with he is Puss in Boots xD!! HAHA And that "you learn what world I come from" makes me think he is not from FTL.

Very interesting Shek!
    Shekinel
    Shekinel

Post by Shekinel Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:11 pm

I was reading some of his interviews looking for hints about his identity and in one of them, and i quote, he says " I'm not just a womanizing lech who occasionally heals people. I'm still a pussy-hound, but the magic is released so everyone is realizing who they are. We're dealing with the magic in Stroybrooke first and the love stories will come later. But you learn what world I come from, who I am and it's really cool." So we all notice his...love..for the ladies and he said he still a pussy-hound. So , i'll go with he is Puss in Boots xD!! HAHA And that "you learn what world I come from" makes me think he is not from FTL.
    Shekinel
    Shekinel

Post by Shekinel Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:51 pm

cuddlyasatiger wrote:
    LZenOUT wrote:Dr Nemo, eh? Now that's a theory I've not heard before. And it's been ages since I've seen that movie. What a memory you have for remembering the words to that song. They do say he's someone that most people haven't even guessed, so you could be on to something.

Agree. Only SIX out of ten thousand got it right Shocked

WHAT?!! Only 6 out of 10,000 got right dr.whale's identity?!!!!!
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:18 pm

cuddlyasatiger wrote:
    LZenOUT wrote:Dr Nemo, eh? Now that's a theory I've not heard before. And it's been ages since I've seen that movie. What a memory you have for remembering the words to that song. They do say he's someone that most people haven't even guessed, so you could be on to something.

OH and DUH - it would be 20000 Leagues before Moby Dick because Disney has the 20000 Leagues ride. DUH, Obsessed. Question though: Wasn't it Capt. Nemo, not doctor? I don't know because I never actually read 20k Leagues.
    cuddlyasatiger
    cuddlyasatiger

Post by cuddlyasatiger Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:47 pm

obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:18 pm

gran68 wrote:I thought I posted on here this morning? Either I forgot to hit send or it was deleted.. so just supposing I didn't hit send here goes.

I had a wild thought this morning while just scrolling thru some of the OUAT sites.. Re; Dr. Whale... A song hit me that was from 2000 Leagues Under the sea..Kurk Douglas sang it.."Got a Whale of a tale to tell you lads, a Whale of a tale or two.. bout the flapping fish and girls I've loved on nights like this with the Moon above......" etc.... what if Dr Whale were Captain Nemo...or one of the other characters from that Disney Movie.. Just thinking out loud...

THANK YOU for this! That also reminded of one I posted at ABC WAAAAAY back. I thought of Moby Dick!
    LZenOUT
    LZenOUT

Post by LZenOUT Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:03 pm

Dr Nemo, eh? Now that's a theory I've not heard before. And it's been ages since I've seen that movie. What a memory you have for remembering the words to that song. They do say he's someone that most people haven't even guessed, so you could be on to something.
    gran68
    gran68

Post by gran68 Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:53 pm

I thought I posted on here this morning? Either I forgot to hit send or it was deleted.. so just supposing I didn't hit send here goes.

I had a wild thought this morning while just scrolling thru some of the OUAT sites.. Re; Dr. Whale... A song hit me that was from 2000 Leagues Under the sea..Kurk Douglas sang it.."Got a Whale of a tale to tell you lads, a Whale of a tale or two.. bout the flapping fish and girls I've loved on nights like this with the Moon above......" etc.... what if Dr Whale were Captain Nemo...or one of the other characters from that Disney Movie.. Just thinking out loud...
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:18 pm

What if he's Peter Pan? He has that boyish look, and he needs to grow up even though he's an adult. I don't know how to work "whale" into that, but his role of such responsibility in SB could be his curse since PP never wanted to grow up. It's an outside shot.
    cuddlyasatiger
    cuddlyasatiger

Post by cuddlyasatiger Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:29 pm

obsessedwithOUAT wrote:I don't think he's Eric or Triton because H/K confirmed we learn who he is this season (early - ep 5 at the latest it would seem) but they don't know if we'll meet Ariel as that seems to be pushed back. Granted you can have one without the other but not likely.

If Regina doubles as Ursala he could be E or KT, but I think you're right it's not likely. I'm leaning towards Jekyll/Hyde, but something keeps kicking the back of my mind about who else he could be and I can't quite get to what it is.

I did at one point think he might be Bluebeard! pirat whatever - it's possible! tongue
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:02 pm

I don't think he's Eric or Triton because H/K confirmed we learn who he is this season (early - ep 5 at the latest it would seem) but they don't know if we'll meet Ariel as that seems to be pushed back. Granted you can have one without the other but not likely.
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:00 pm

Okay possibly Frankenstein. Possibly Peter Pan- the dude needs to grow up and seems to have no interest in doing so?
    He still could be Monstro. He says we'll never guess, but he's never met us!
    gran68
    gran68

Post by gran68 Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:25 pm

Ok.. have seen some speculation about Dr.W... being Hook.. Don't think so... Hook lost his right hand.. Dr.W seems to have his left arm gone or really messed up.. from pictures Ive seen.. could Red/Wolf have gotten a hold of him and taken his arm off.. he has blood on his shirt and green screen on his left arm.. So something happened to his left arm..Im going with a Red/Wolf idea and I Still believe, as I have since last spring ,that he is Dr. Jekel/ Hyde... fits the whole story of that character.. but sure am anxious to see exactly who he is.. Dr. J/ Hyde was a Monster...
    cuddlyasatiger
    cuddlyasatiger

Post by cuddlyasatiger Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:12 pm

LZenOUT wrote:How about the Incredible Hulk / Bruce Banner? We haven't gotten into the comic book genre yet, and the rights to use that character might be restricted, but it's another possibility. The story line is pretty much the same as Dr Jekyl/Mr Hyde except Banner didn't do it to himself on purpose, if I remember correctly.

That's so awesome you mentioned this, I keep trying not to acknowledge this idea in my head but it keeps creeping back up! pirat Dr. Whale is Hulk! ... except he doesn't seem to get angry ever.

Last edited by cuddlyasatiger on Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
    LZenOUT
    LZenOUT

Post by LZenOUT Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:59 am

I think the line where he says to SW/MM that he doesn't do what people expect him to do is a pretty good clue that he's Jekyl/Hyde. The womanizing nature also lends to the idea that he has Hyde's tendencies.
    LZenOUT
    LZenOUT

Post by LZenOUT Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:54 am

How about the Incredible Hulk / Bruce Banner? We haven't gotten into the comic book genre yet, and the rights to use that character might be restricted, but it's another possibility. The story line is pretty much the same as Dr Jekyl/Mr Hyde except Banner didn't do it to himself on purpose, if I remember correctly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:06 am