Chat Once Upon a Time!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chat Once Upon a Time!

Welcome to Chat Once Upon a Time!, a chat site dedicated to the ABC hit show Once Upon a Time. This site aims to provide fellow Oncer fans a place to openly discuss & share anything & everything OUAT!

TIP: The chatbox is ONLY viewable to members. Try registering as a member if you would like to join our live chats every Sunday starting at 8:00 pm EST!!! magicprice

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatOUaT Tweets

Quickies!

Episode Loopholes Suggestionbox01 Episode Loopholes Howtos

Episode Loopholes VisitSB

Episode Loopholes EclecticsSpoilers Episode Loopholes EsSpoilChat

Episode Loopholes Sitemap02

Episode Loopholes Abcsite001

Get Ready to RUMPLE!!!

Poll

who do you think Lilly's Father is?
Episode Loopholes I_vote_lcap31%Episode Loopholes I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
Episode Loopholes I_vote_lcap8%Episode Loopholes I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Episode Loopholes I_vote_lcap15%Episode Loopholes I_vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
Episode Loopholes I_vote_lcap0%Episode Loopholes I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Episode Loopholes I_vote_lcap31%Episode Loopholes I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

OUaT Tweet Time

Episode Loopholes

mugsie
    mugsie

Episode Loopholes Empty Episode Loopholes

Post by mugsie

So, the last few episodes in the winter of season two were carried forward by Emma and Co. needing to know about and get the squid-ink from Rump's jail cell to destroy Cora. However, they ended up merely using the squid-ink to escape from said jail cell, which they wouldn't have needed to do if they hadn't gone to the cell in the first place. Hence, a plot loophole.

Any thoughts? Any other places where this has happened in the series?
    Share this post on: reddit

Post Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:10 pm by rra615

i think the squid ink was supposed to be used as a portal or some kind of magic to get back to SB. they did not know that cora would be able to bring lake nostros back, so they would need the compass and squid ink to bring the ashes back.

once cora brought the lake back and threw the portal ashes in, it created a portal. they only had squid ink to get out of the cell and i guess snow and emma were figuring cora would use her magic somehow and they'd take advantage of it.
    Ranna156

Post Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:32 pm by Ranna156

I agree with you...was wondering about it myself. Maybe it was just a general statement like 'if you hadn't been the savior and he hadn't written her name on the scroll he wouldn't have remembered who she was when she said her name?' who knows...hopefully we will find out later more about it! Wink
    sunshinedaydream

Post Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:19 am by sunshinedaydream

They sure would of been in trouble if Gold didnt leave that scroll.He said he left it for Emma.

Last edited by sunshinedaydream on Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    mugsie

Post Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:18 am by mugsie

hmmm i don't mean plot hole, i mean they used the spell to get out of the cell but wouldn't have needed it if they didn't go to the cell in the first place. it's confusing because this story arc carried several episodes, and now just to have it end as such is.....unsatisfying.

i understand plot hole to mean some inconsistency with the storyline, which you're right, we don't have that here.

i'm thinking they might be able to re-use or use the rest of the spell at a later date, so hopefully we don't see the end of the squid-ink with this episode. it did get me thinking, in spell-books, do they use up the spell and then have to write in new ones? or can they be re-used? which makes me wonder if the curse regina cast can be used again, so our heroes would have to somehow destroy it too....

love all your thoughts about this literary device elsewhere!!!
    LZenOUT

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:32 pm by LZenOUT

There are so many plot holes that I sort of cringe away from the topic. But in this case I don't see one. Gold sent them to get the ink to help defeat Cora - not thinking they'd get trapped in the cell - but because he didn't believe they'd have any other way to do so. He, of course, didn't give them much in the way of odds to actually be successful even with the squid ink. It turns out they didn't need the ink to defeat Cora, but that was something that Gold didn't foresee.
    Ranna156

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:32 pm by Ranna156

Also and speaking of the DO...another thing that has always bothered me is that the old or maybe original DO KNEW where that dagger was...why didn't he just go himself and get it so that the duke couldn't control him anymore???

maybe we will find out more about that someday and the old DO...would like to see Worm Tongue again anyway! Wink
    Ranna156

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:29 pm by Ranna156

Agree good observation...i even thought the same thing. Maybe we will see something in the future though with the squid ink. I think they still have the scroll and it was REALLY LONG & Snow only used a little bit of it...

There is a loophole (kind of) when Rumple becomes the Dark One. He initially set out to get the knife to control the DO. So there was no reason to kill the DO (he didn't know he would become the DO himself)...but in killing the DO he negated his whole quest (as far as he knew in that moment) and the soldiers still could have come and gotten Bae...so why did he kill him? Granted if he hadn't there really wouldn't be a story...haha...maybe this falls more into the Deus Ex Machina category rather than a loophole...

then there is the whole...BAE IS SERIOUSLY old by now. Why did Rumple think he had all the time in the world to create a curse to take them to a land without magic??? this isn't really a loophole...but it is something that really bugs me! Wink
    eclectic1

Post Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:33 pm by eclectic1

Good observation!!! Cool

Thx for starting this topic...

I'll have to think about this-we definitely have the time now to do this before the next episode!!! Wink

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:11 am