Chat Once Upon a Time!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chat Once Upon a Time!

Welcome to Chat Once Upon a Time!, a chat site dedicated to the ABC hit show Once Upon a Time. This site aims to provide fellow Oncer fans a place to openly discuss & share anything & everything OUAT!

TIP: The chatbox is ONLY viewable to members. Try registering as a member if you would like to join our live chats every Sunday starting at 8:00 pm EST!!! magicprice

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatOUaT Tweets

Quickies!

The Miller's Daughter Suggestionbox01 The Miller's Daughter Howtos

The Miller's Daughter VisitSB

The Miller's Daughter EclecticsSpoilers The Miller's Daughter EsSpoilChat

The Miller's Daughter Sitemap02

The Miller's Daughter Abcsite001

Get Ready to RUMPLE!!!

Poll

who do you think Lilly's Father is?
The Miller's Daughter I_vote_lcap31%The Miller's Daughter I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
The Miller's Daughter I_vote_lcap8%The Miller's Daughter I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
The Miller's Daughter I_vote_lcap15%The Miller's Daughter I_vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
The Miller's Daughter I_vote_lcap0%The Miller's Daughter I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
The Miller's Daughter I_vote_lcap31%The Miller's Daughter I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

OUaT Tweet Time

The Miller's Daughter

eclectic1
    eclectic1

The Miller's Daughter Empty The Miller's Daughter

Post by eclectic1

Official ABC Recap & Pre Air info:

Our tale begins in Fairy Tale Land many years ago, as a young woman approaches her simple home to find her drunken father napping on his sacks of flour. She chides him for his laziness and takes the flour to market herself. There, a smug and mean-spirited young Princess trips her, sending her sprawling on the ground and costing her several bags of flour. To make matters worse, the King himself shames The miller’s daughter, who we learn is Cora, forcing her to apologize to Princess Eva—the young lady who will one day become Queen and Snow White’s mother. Cora reluctantly does so, but seethes with rage at the injustice done to her.

In Storybrooke, The Jolly Roger arrives with the injured Mr. Gold aboard. Cora and Regina have his dagger, but they dare not use it now out of concern that forcing him to kill Emma, Mary Margaret, David and anyone else that stood in their way would hasten his death and the powers of The Dark One would be lost forever. Instead, Cora decides that she has no choice but to kill Rumple with his own dagger first and become the new Dark One herself. Regina seems to begin suspecting that getting Henry back isn’t really what Cora’s after.

Meanwhile, the heroes of Storybrooke hide Mr. Gold in his pawn shop and use whatever magical tricks he has up his sleeves to barricade themselves in. Emma uses some invisible chalk and even gets a crash course from Gold on casting a magical protection spell. As everyone heads to the front of the shop, Gold asks Mary Margaret for a warmer blanket, pointing her to an old wardrobe. Inside, she doesn’t find any blankets, but she does find a familiar magic candle—the one she was given as a young girl in episode 215, “The Queen is Dead”! The candle has the power to save a life in exchange for taking another. In this case, she could light the candle and whisper Cora’s name over her heart. Then she’d have to get Cora’s heart back into her body to transfer Mr. Gold’s mortal wound to Cora. Since she refused to use the candle to save her own mother, Mary Margaret’s not really interested in using it to save Mr. Gold. Her plan is to get Cora’s heart and use it to take control of her. With that, she could force Cora to do the right thing, but, as Gold points out, then she’d be letting Henry’s grandfather die.

In Fairy Tale Land, Cora steals a nice dress and crashes a masquerade ball being thrown as a means of introducing Prince Henry to wealthy young women whom he could marry to increase the kingdom’s fortunes. The ruse doesn’t last long before the King catches on to Cora. He again insults her and this time she claims she can spin straw into gold. He challenges her to prove it. She is to spend a night loked in a tower full of straw with a spinning wheel. By morning she will either have proven her outrageous claim or be executed. Needless to say, Cora is in way over her head when suddenly Rumplestiltskin appears. He has seen the future thanks to the powers he gained in episode 214, “Manhattan” and he knows he’ll need Regina to get his Dark Curse cast. He offers Cora a deal—he’ll spin all of the straw into gold in exchange for her first-born child. Cora accepts the deal, but only on the condition that he teach her how to spin straw into gold herself. He does, and the two grow very close in the process. By morning, she is spinning straw into gold as promised and wins the hand of Prince Henry.

The day of Cora and Prince Henry’s wedding approaches, but she has clearly been seeing Rumplestiltskin on the side. As they meet for what may be the final time before she is married, they decide that perhaps they should run away together. Rumplestiltskin is so taken with Cora, he even amends their deal so that Cora promises to give him HIS child. Cora only has one more thing to do. She wants revenge on the King for humiliating her. She wants to rip out his heart and show it to him before he dies. Coincidentally, Rumplestiltskin is great at that. He teaches her everything she needs to know about ripping out hearts and they plan to meet outside the castle walls that night after she’s done the deed.

Cora visits the King in his chambers, where the cold and pragmatic ruler lays out the facts plainly. He knows she’s been seeing Rumplestiltskin and he knows she has to decide whether to run away with him for the sake of love or to stay and rule a Princess by marrying his son—who he himself doesn’t even seem too fond of. Presented so clearly as a choice between love and power, Cora makes her decision. That night, she meets Rumplestiltskin and dispassionately tells him that she is going to stay and marry Prince Henry, rather than go with him. He asks what happened and whose heart she now carries in a box. The heart is her own, which she removed herself, to keep herself from choosing love over power. Rumple is hurt and outraged and reminds Cora of their deal. But Cora reminds him that he amended the deal and she would never have a child with him.

In Storybrooke, Regina and Cora burst through the magical barrier protecting Mr. Gold’s shop. After a quick tussle, Mary Margaret slips out of a side door to find Cora’s heart. David is magically thrown out of the shop and, while Neal and Emma hold their own as best they can against two sorceresses, they wind up backing into the store room with the dying Mr. Gold and sealing it up with more magic. As Cora prepares to break through, she realizes something’s amiss with her heart and sends Regina off to protect it.

As Cora hammers the magical barrier, Mr. Gold begins to realize the end is near. He calls Belle, who’s still in the hospital with no memory of her true self, and tells her he knows who she is. He finds words of such love and tenderness for her, it’s almost impossible to believe that they’re coming from The Dark One. Neal and Emma overhear everything and Neal is shocked to hear his father’s dying words to a woman he loves. While it’s not a complete reconciliation, father and son come together in what may be the few moments they have left together.

Meanwhile, in Regina’s hidden chambers beneath her family mausoleum, Mary Margaret finds Cora’s heart. She ponders for a moment, but then does the unthinkable, lighting the candle and whispering Cora’s name over her heart. After the deed is done, Regina finds her there, holding the box with her mother’s heart. But Mary Margaret tricks Regina, telling her that putting her mother’s heart back in her chest will be the only way for Cora to truly love Regina and for them to really start a family that Henry may one day be able to be a part of.

Back in the store room, Cora finally bursts through. She quickly banishes Emma and Neal to the woods outside of town and stands ready to finish off Mr. Gold. She sits with him for a moment, admitting that she did truly love him once, and that was why she had to take her own heart out. Just as Cora’s about to plunge the dagger into Gold, she shudders as her heart is jammed back into her body. She turns to see Regina there and finally looks on her with love in her eyes.

Overwhelmed with love for her daughter, Cora smiles and laughs uncontrollably. Regina seems truly happy for just a moment until suddenly Cora shudders again and collapses. Mr. Gold looks to his chest where his wound is now gone and realizes what’s happened. As Regina cradles her dying mother in her arms, Cora realizes that the love of her daughter would have been enough—that all of the power she’d sought to possess was meaningless in comparison. But just as that truly dawns on her, she dies.

Too late, Mary Margaret rushes in screaming for Regina not to put Cora’s heart back. Regina realizes what’s happened and looks up and her old enemy with fury in her eyes. The Evil Queen wants revenge against Snow White now more than ever!

Pre-Air Info:

ABC Press Release

CORA'S DESIRE TO TAKE RUMPLESTILTSKIN'S PLACE AS THE DARK ONE TAKES ONE STEP CLOSER TO BECOMING REALITY AS HE LAYS DYING, AND MARY MARGARET IS ONCE AGAIN TEMPTED BY DARK MAGIC, ON ABC'S "ONCE UPON A TIME"

Rose McGowan ("Charmed") Guest Stars as Younger Cora

"The Miller's Daughter" - Cora's desire to rid herself of Rumplestiltskin in order to take his place as The Dark One takes one step closer to becoming reality as she and Regina try to overpower a dying Mr. Gold, and Mary Margaret is once again tempted by dark magic. Meanwhile, in the fairytale land that was, Rumplestiltskin agrees to offer his services to a younger Cora - for a price - when the king calls her bluff and orders her to actually follow through on her boast of being able to spin straw into gold, on "Once Upon a Time," SUNDAY, MARCH 10 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

"Once Upon a Time" stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O'Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Meghan Ory as Red Riding Hood/Ruby, and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Barbara Hershey as Cora, Michael Raymond-James as Neal Cassidy, Rose McGowan as younger Cora, Gerry Rousseau as father, Joaquim de Almeida as King Xavier, Eva Allan as Princess Eva, Zak Santiago as Prince Henry and Sonequa Martin-Green as Tamara.

"The Miller's Daughter" was written by Jane Espenson and directed by Ralph Hemecker.

King Xavier will appear in this episode...also, young Prince Henry(Regina's Father).

Rose McGowan in this episode as young Cora.

Promo #1

Sneak Peek #1

Sneak Peek #2

Sneak Peek #3

Sneak Peek #5

Last edited by eclectic1 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:06 pm; edited 18 times in total
    Share this post on: reddit

Ranna156

Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:24 pm by Ranna156

Agree Shek & Noortjj! misc
    Noortjj

Post Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:05 am by Noortjj

I agree you do always have a choice, i just thought it was a bit ironic because in the end he always pulls te strings and places the thought..
    I guess that's the destiny/faith/everything happens for a reason thing.. Cool

Anyways, at least Snow feels sorry for what she did, i never saw any remorse with Regina after killing Leopold.. But i love that the evil queen is back Smile
    Shekinel

Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:25 pm by Shekinel

Totally true Ranna, as Rumple says "There's always a choice"!!
    Ranna156

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:07 pm by Ranna156

i didn't say that...i said blame should be placed where its due. Rumple didn't kill Cora...Snow did...well technically Regina layed the killing blow. Rumple may have given her the means and the idea of it, but it was still Snow's choice in the end. I don't think everyone should be mad at Rumple because Snow did something (even if he gave her the candle). It was Snow who tricked Regina, and even if she told her the truth about Cora loving her...she didn't tell her the whole truth. Regina didn't know that putting in her mother's heart would kill her, so in this case I think the ultimate responsibility lies with Snow...not Rumple. I don't think he is to blame for this or for any number of things...like i said i think the person who actually committed the act is to blame.

Also in the case of Cora, her ripping her own heart out was all her doing. Rumple didn't rip it out for her...she made a choice...

Rumple didn't kill Daniel - Cora did - and then Regina chose to blame Snow forever about it. No influence from Rumple there.

He essentially saved Cora's life
    He essentially saved Morraine's and countless other children's lives when he stopped the Ogre's war.
    He helped both David & Snow on multiple occasions...

All i am saying is that they may have reasons to not like him, but i don't think he is to blame for all of their decisions and choices...They are themselves.
    LZenOUT

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:42 pm by LZenOUT

Sorry Ranna - but your logic escapes me. Just because I'm rescued by a firefighter and fall in love doesn't mean the arson should be applauded.
    Ranna156

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 6:07 pm by Ranna156

Noortjj wrote:Great episode!

Everybody felt so much anger (Snow towards Cora, Regina towards Snow) and they all should be mad at Rumple for all of their losses..

Agree that a lot of them 'could' be mad at Rumple for their 'losses'...but in actuality when you really think about it most of them never would have even been born, met, or even have anything to lose if it wasn't for him.

- Baelfire would never have escaped to other worlds and would be dead at this point. Which means he never would have met Emma and fathered Henry.

- Cora most likely would have been put to death when she couldn't produce gold. She never would have married Prince Henry and she never would have had Regina.

- Snow's mom wouldn't have died and most likely she never would have met David. Then Emma never would have been born...

- David's parents wouldn't have had anyone to strike a deal with and he probably would have ended up with some one else if not death by starvation (or something else) since his parents would have lost the farm.

- The Curse never would have been created...

- and we still don't know where that cloak came from...he could have had something to do with that as well...also Snow most likely never would have met Red...and maybe Red would have been killed if Snow hadn't gotten her away from the hunting party after she ate Peter.

Anyway i think they have more reasons to thank Rumple than they do to not. Everyone appears to have free will so I think the ultimate blame should be placed where its due...with the person who made the choice or committed the act...
    LZenOUT

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:02 pm by LZenOUT

Noortjj wrote:Great episode!

I really liked the twist on the story in order to keep her firstborn.. But Rumple must have known what he was doing..

Now i finally understand Cora, she hasn't had a heart since before Regina was born, now wonder Regina never felt loved by her mother, she couldn't..

Funny how Cora truly seemed to love Rumple, his curse not breaking must mean he used her and did not truly love her..

I'm fine with Cora being dead, now Regina can stay the evil queen and has another reason to hate snow.. Besides i'm positive we will see Cora in flashbacks, younger and older version, so much more too tell about her..

And prince Henry didn't even look like his father, Xavier was such an ass en prince Henry is such a good guy.. I think Cora could have grown to love him, he was a kind man.. If she only had her heart..

And Snow, wonder how she is going to deal with what she did.. Loved how Rumple pretty much manipulated her into using the candle.. Mister powerplayer at the end of the episode.. Everybody felt so much anger (Snow towards Cora, Regina towards Snow) and they all should be mad at Rumple for all of their losses..
    Couldn't have said it better. Agree!
    Noortjj

Post Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:40 am by Noortjj

Great episode!

I really liked the twist on the story in order to keep her firstborn.. But Rumple must have known what he was doing..

Now i finally understand Cora, she hasn't had a heart since before Regina was born, now wonder Regina never felt loved by her mother, she couldn't..

Funny how Cora truly seemed to love Rumple, his curse not breaking must mean he used her and did not truly love her..

I'm fine with Cora being dead, now Regina can stay the evil queen and has another reason to hate snow.. Besides i'm positive we will see Cora in flashbacks, younger and older version, so much more too tell about her..

And prince Henry didn't even look like his father, Xavier was such an ass en prince Henry is such a good guy.. I think Cora could have grown to love him, he was a kind man.. If she only had her heart..

And Snow, wonder how she is going to deal with what she did.. Loved how Rumple pretty much manipulated her into using the candle.. Mister powerplayer at the end of the episode.. Everybody felt so much anger (Snow towards Cora, Regina towards Snow) and they all should be mad at Rumple for all of their losses..
    eclectic1

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:46 pm by eclectic1

This episode was incredible...I LOVED the twist at the end where Snow actually gets Regina to 'insert' her mother's heart to finish off the "Candle Spell".

The irony is Cora kills Regina's one true love...Daniel...and now she is the part of the spell that kills her mother. Something she wanted Hook to do...because she couldnt do it herself.

Snow did nothing wrong here...and spoke words of TRUTH!!!

These last episodes are REALLY going to be interesting!!! Cool Wink
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:05 pm by obsessedwithOUAT

If you want to see the first 9 minutes of the episode, here they are! Some of it is sneak peek but there's a bunch that isn't!

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/once-upon-a-time/video/PL55126739/_m_VD55283263
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:02 pm by obsessedwithOUAT

LZenOUT wrote:
    obsessedwithOUAT wrote:
    LZenOUT wrote:
    obsessedwithOUAT wrote:There IS A PROP MISTAKE! Correct me if I'm wrong but the dagger had the name on both sides before, yes?

In Regina's office, it's only on one side. The other side looks like just fancy scrollwork. Last season we were saying that the name was on both sides and it was a question of which direction the name went, right? So someone tell me if I'm wrong but I think they goofed again.
    No, it always had the name on one side and scroll-work on the other.

I'm so confused. Didn't we have extensive convos about the dagger and the name on both sides, or was that just an idea to explain why the name went one direction one time and then another direction the other?
    Possible, but we had stills of it (probably still up somewhere), that shows the dagger with scroll work on one side and the name on the other. The direction of the name is different between episodes, though. One of the more irritating prop mistakes.

Found the post - the picture with the scroll work on the back is the 3rd in the series. The Dark One Dagger

Well, there you go. Nevermind, not a prop mistake I guess! I think we've got a pretty solid grip on what's happening this ep but I'm still super excited! I love first 9 minutes already! Emma calling Rumpel family is fantastic and Rumpel gives another quotable line with the poison and his heart. Ha.
    LZenOUT

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:34 pm by LZenOUT

obsessedwithOUAT wrote:
    LZenOUT wrote:
    obsessedwithOUAT wrote:There IS A PROP MISTAKE! Correct me if I'm wrong but the dagger had the name on both sides before, yes?

In Regina's office, it's only on one side. The other side looks like just fancy scrollwork. Last season we were saying that the name was on both sides and it was a question of which direction the name went, right? So someone tell me if I'm wrong but I think they goofed again.

I'm so confused. Didn't we have extensive convos about the dagger and the name on both sides, or was that just an idea to explain why the name went one direction one time and then another direction the other?
    Possible, but we had stills of it (probably still up somewhere), that shows the dagger with scroll work on one side and the name on the other. The direction of the name is different between episodes, though. One of the more irritating prop mistakes.

Found the post - the picture with the scroll work on the back is the 3rd in the series. The Dark One Dagger
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 11:53 am by obsessedwithOUAT

LZenOUT wrote:

LZenOUT

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:56 am by LZenOUT

obsessedwithOUAT

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:35 am by obsessedwithOUAT

You know what? I bet this happens:

Regina sees Snow is right: her mother doesn't give a rat's arse about her; Cora just wants power.

This could be how Snow finds the heart: Regina helps her.

Now question: Do you think Regina could kill Cora? It seems like a huge opportunity missed: kill your own mother instead of Snow with that candle, right? But what if she sees that she can save Rumpel and spare Snow having to and does so because 1) She learns Rumpel means the world to Henry as his grandfather (and her father, perhaps?) and 2) it will stop Cora from hurting not just the others but her as well and/or 3) pure rage and hatred at Cora?
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:09 am by obsessedwithOUAT

There IS A PROP MISTAKE! Correct me if I'm wrong but the dagger had the name on both sides before, yes?

obsessedwithOUAT

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:06 am by obsessedwithOUAT

obsessedwithOUAT wrote:Ahhhhhhhh! Okay King Xavier is Regina's grandfather. Okay, different kingdom entirely. Phew. So Eva was there visiting but doesn't join that royal family. Okay, got it.

Rephrase: King Xavier is Henry's father. Jury's still out as far as I'm concerned on Regina's true father.
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:05 am by obsessedwithOUAT

Ahhhhhhhh! Okay King Xavier is Regina's grandfather. Okay, different kingdom entirely. Phew. So Eva was there visiting but doesn't join that royal family. Okay, got it.
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:49 am by obsessedwithOUAT

Side note about the candle:

It doesn't look the same but Rumpel keeps one in his "magic medicine bag" - the one that had the locket he gave Henry to control the fire room dream.

obsessedwithOUAT

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:35 pm by obsessedwithOUAT

obsessedwithOUAT wrote:There's an extended version of SP 1 where we see why Cora was at the palace with grain. Looks like her father was a bit of a lush. Not surprising, I suppose! I like the guy playing young Leopold as well, and now I am wondering what happened to make him and Eva change their attitudes towards others since they both ended their lives as benevolent and kind souls.

Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I've been talking about the king as though he's Leopold all this time when he's King Xavier, whoever that is. Guessing he's related to Henry. So nevermind that whole discussion below about weird royal relations. That said, what makes Eva change her attitude and who is Xavier? How does Leopold enter the pic?
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:33 pm by obsessedwithOUAT

There's an extended version of SP 1 where we see why Cora was at the palace with grain. Looks like her father was a bit of a lush. Not surprising, I suppose! I like the guy playing young Leopold as well, and now I am wondering what happened to make him and Eva change their attitudes towards others since they both ended their lives as benevolent and kind souls.
    Ranna156

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:29 pm by Ranna156

Ranna156 wrote:Thanks to Eclectic for this shot:

The Miller's Daughter Screenshot5502

Here is what I am thinking it means:

1.) The name is deliberately grayed out for the promo so as not to give away any major spoilers and in the actual episode we will see somebody's name there and it won't be Rumplestiltskin. Given how small that grayed out area the only name I can think of that would fit there is 'CORA' or 'SNOW' but only Snow...if it was Snow's name i would think it would actually say Snow White...

2.) There currently is no Dark One since Rumple is out of town.

3.) There currently is no Dark One because when Rumple & Belle kissed in SB it broke his curse since it was TLK...

This brings me to other thoughts concerning Gold being the DO in SB: He still has his limp and he doesn't have the same mannerisms he has when we was previously the DO. So is he even still the Dark One???? Is there currently even a Dark One??? I guess they can just say that as the Dark One Rumple wasn't 'human...or a man' so while in SB he will take on a human form and that is why he still has his limp...or maybe he is faking the limp so as not to creep everyone out...

My guess is this...kind of what Shek was saying about it being in transition of a 'new name'...Cora goes to kill Rumple in order to become the Dark One, but before she actually becomes the DO, Snow White finds her heart and lights that candle over it murdering Cora and saving Rumple/Gold. Since it never fully transferred to Cora, Snow is saved from actually becoming the DO and it reverts back to its previous DO (Rumple) but she is still 'Dark' now that she has committed the ultimate sin of murder and now has to deal with the repercussions of something so abhorrent and heinous to her...making her Dark Snow, but not necessarily the Dark One!

just quoting myself again...based on that sneak peek 5 i am pretty sure i am right about what happens...Unfortunately i will miss this episode when it airs as i am out of the country and with the time diff...who knows where i will be when it airs!
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:18 pm by obsessedwithOUAT

eclectic1 wrote:
    obsessedwithOUAT wrote:I like the preview spoiler talking about how it's hard to love someone if you don't have a heart. Not really a big surprise since Graham covered the whole, "I just want to feel SOMETHING!" bit but I can't help but think this will mean that Reg is at risk and Cora puts Reg second to her pursuit of power. I think this has been alluded to by some of you already, but this seems like darn close to a confirmation.

Refresh my memory obsessed...I know Cora said she had her heart 'hidden somewhere' in an earlier episode(thinking "Queen of Hearts")...have we heard if Regina still has her heart in her body?
    I'm thinking she does as 1)the whole deal w/Daniel resurrected and 2)her feelings for Henry. Her emotions and actions just seem too genuine to NOT have it!

Maybe it's me... Wink

Thinking those shots in the Promo of Snow with the 'Heart box' and heart will be her FINDING Cora's heart. I dont think Cora could be 'killed' without doing something to her heart. Cool

Eclectic, totally what you just said. Ditto. I don't think anyone has said one way or the other about Regina's heart but I think you nailed it about her. She's been hurt and shows emotions. Also, just compare the acting of Lana to Barbara (this actually shows me another level of brilliance in how they portray their characters): Lana's EQ can be loving, or angry, or when she's really betrayed she can get really nasty and do that eye widen/upper lip snarl thing. Barbara's Cora has a cold, calculated, machine-like approach that doesn't stop for anything. Reg cares about consequences.

Remember this, too: Cora considers love a weakness and while Reg did before, she still loves Henry. This tells me Cora will be willing to dispose of her (that and the fact that she doesn't have her heart) and it also tells me Regina's heart, while blackened, is in her chest beating away.

Regina is conflicted, Cora is not.
    eclectic1

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:08 pm by eclectic1

obsessedwithOUAT wrote:I like the preview spoiler talking about how it's hard to love someone if you don't have a heart. Not really a big surprise since Graham covered the whole, "I just want to feel SOMETHING!" bit but I can't help but think this will mean that Reg is at risk and Cora puts Reg second to her pursuit of power. I think this has been alluded to by some of you already, but this seems like darn close to a confirmation.

Refresh my memory obsessed...I know Cora said she had her heart 'hidden somewhere' in an earlier episode(thinking "Queen of Hearts")...have we heard if Regina still has her heart in her body?
    I'm thinking she does as 1)the whole deal w/Daniel resurrected and 2)her feelings for Henry. Her emotions and actions just seem too genuine to NOT have it!

Maybe it's me... Wink

Thinking those shots in the Promo of Snow with the 'Heart box' and heart will be her FINDING Cora's heart. I dont think Cora could be 'killed' without doing something to her heart. Cool
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:58 pm by obsessedwithOUAT

I like the preview spoiler talking about how it's hard to love someone if you don't have a heart. Not really a big surprise since Graham covered the whole, "I just want to feel SOMETHING!" bit but I can't help but think this will mean that Reg is at risk and Cora puts Reg second to her pursuit of power. I think this has been alluded to by some of you already, but this seems like darn close to a confirmation.

Post  by Sponsored content