Chat Once Upon a Time!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chat Once Upon a Time!

Welcome to Chat Once Upon a Time!, a chat site dedicated to the ABC hit show Once Upon a Time. This site aims to provide fellow Oncer fans a place to openly discuss & share anything & everything OUAT!

TIP: The chatbox is ONLY viewable to members. Try registering as a member if you would like to join our live chats every Sunday starting at 8:00 pm EST!!! magicprice

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatOUaT Tweets

Quickies!

Fairytale/Grimm Connection - Forest - about Suggestionbox01 Fairytale/Grimm Connection - Forest - about Howtos

Fairytale/Grimm Connection - Forest - about VisitSB

Fairytale/Grimm Connection - Forest - about EclecticsSpoilers Fairytale/Grimm Connection - Forest - about EsSpoilChat

Fairytale/Grimm Connection - Forest - about Sitemap02

Fairytale/Grimm Connection - Forest - about Abcsite001

Get Ready to RUMPLE!!!

Poll

who do you think Lilly's Father is?
Fairytale/Grimm Connection - Forest - about I_vote_lcap31%Fairytale/Grimm Connection - Forest - about I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
Fairytale/Grimm Connection - Forest - about I_vote_lcap8%Fairytale/Grimm Connection - Forest - about I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Fairytale/Grimm Connection - Forest - about I_vote_lcap15%Fairytale/Grimm Connection - Forest - about I_vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
Fairytale/Grimm Connection - Forest - about I_vote_lcap8%Fairytale/Grimm Connection - Forest - about I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Fairytale/Grimm Connection - Forest - about I_vote_lcap0%Fairytale/Grimm Connection - Forest - about I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Fairytale/Grimm Connection - Forest - about I_vote_lcap31%Fairytale/Grimm Connection - Forest - about I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

OUaT Tweet Time

Fairytale/Grimm Connection - Forest - about

Ranna156
    Ranna156

Fairytale/Grimm Connection - Forest - about Empty Fairytale/Grimm Connection - Forest - about

Post by Ranna156

This passage is from the book 'The Brothers Grimm From Enchanted Forests to the Modern World' by Jack Zipes.

Inevitably they find their way into the forest. It is there that they lose and find themselves. It is there that they gain a sense of what is to be done. The forest is always large, immense, great, and mysterious. No one ever gains power over the forest, but the forest possesses the power to change lives and alter destinies. In many ways it is the supreme authority on earth and often the great provider. It is not only Hansel and Gretel, who get lost in the forest and then return wiser and fulfilled.

link back to 'connection' guide:
    http://www.chatouat.com/t188-fairytale-grimm-connection-guide

Last edited by Ranna156 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:56 am; edited 4 times in total
    Share this post on: reddit

Ranna156

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:24 am by Ranna156

you know i don't think i ever saw the disney version of Snow White...had a disney book of a bunch of 'fairytales' when i was a kid...but i never saw the movie that I recall!
    cuddlyasatiger

Post Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:09 am by cuddlyasatiger

"No one ever gains power over the forest" I wonder what this might mean for Regina (what are you doing in MY forest)...

She seems to use the forest more as a tool though. So far she can't order the trees and rocks to move.

Though the evil queen in Disney's was killed by a boulder in the forest.
    Ranna156

Post Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:16 am by Ranna156

wow i don't even know what to say about this one! NO FREAKING WONDER there is so much emphasis on trees and forests!

I absolutely LOVE this passage by the way!

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:16 am