Chat Once Upon a Time!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chat Once Upon a Time!

Welcome to Chat Once Upon a Time!, a chat site dedicated to the ABC hit show Once Upon a Time. This site aims to provide fellow Oncer fans a place to openly discuss & share anything & everything OUAT!

TIP: The chatbox is ONLY viewable to members. Try registering as a member if you would like to join our live chats every Sunday starting at 8:00 pm EST!!! magicprice

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatOUaT Tweets

Quickies!

Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 Suggestionbox01 Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 Howtos

Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 VisitSB

Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 EclecticsSpoilers Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 EsSpoilChat

Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 Sitemap02

Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 Abcsite001

Get Ready to RUMPLE!!!

Poll

who do you think Lilly's Father is?
Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 I_vote_lcap31%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 I_vote_lcap8%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 I_vote_lcap15%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 I_vote_lcap8%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 I_vote_lcap31%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

OUaT Tweet Time

+5
LZenOUT
obsessedwithOUAT
cuddlyasatiger
Shekinel
Ranna156
9 posters

Who is Dr. Whale

Poll

Who do you think Dr. Whale is?

[ 0 ]
    Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 I_vote_lcap18%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [18%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 I_vote_lcap6%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [6%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 I_vote_lcap0%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 7 ]
    Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 I_vote_lcap41%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [41%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 I_vote_lcap18%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [18%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 I_vote_lcap17%Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 I_vote_rcap [17%] 
    [ 0 ]

Total Votes: 17
    Poll closed
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 Empty Who is Dr. Whale

Post by Ranna156 Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

I thought we had this topic going...or a poll...but i don't see one so i am going to start it...again...lol

I am sticking with Dr.Jekyll/Mr.Hyde although Prince Eric would take a close second (from the little mermaid).

can't remember all the theories on this one...so give me more and i will add them!dragon

Last edited by Ranna156 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:19 pm; edited 3 times in total
    rra615

Who is Dr. Whale - Page 3 Empty Re: Who is Dr. Whale

Post by rra615 Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:12 am

so someone tweeted to jane last night asking who dr. whale is and is it significant his name is spelled whale and not wale. she said we'll find out soon and that yes it is significant but probably not what we think.

in the chat, cuddly pointed out that the director of the original frankenstein movie's last name is whale (which i never knew, so if it was brought up in the past i didn't pay attention). so now i can see that he could be frankenstein.. i'm kind of disappointed!!!

also, jane never responded to my tweet - i asked her what would happen if henry or august crossed the border since they aren't effected by the curse. but i see you guys found me on twitter haha
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:15 am

more and more like Jekyll/Hyde...with a little Frank thrown in...Dr.Frank/Mr.Hyde? LOL
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:21 pm

Okay. Regardless of who he is (and if he's not J/H or Frank/Monster I'll be shocked), I believe Regina has his heart.
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:58 pm

sure!

Spoiler:
    rra615

Post by rra615 Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:52 pm

Ranna156 wrote:
    obsessedwithOUAT wrote:If he's Frank/Monster I'll be like 'not only did I say it months ago, I also called BS on H/K!"

The biggest thing making me think it is that I went back 5 months and still can't find my Frank prediction at ABC so I think they deleted it

haha...you know they deleted all my original Pinocchio comments! Or a lot of them anyway...

And they have deleted all my Richard comments...so although i actually agree with you now that he just might be Arthur I am going to laugh a lot if he turns out to be Richard! (i think those comments got deleted due to my use of the word Dick)...

richard as in richard the lion-hearted?
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:47 pm

obsessedwithOUAT wrote:If he's Frank/Monster I'll be like 'not only did I say it months ago, I also called BS on H/K!"

The biggest thing making me think it is that I went back 5 months and still can't find my Frank prediction at ABC so I think they deleted it

haha...you know they deleted all my original Pinocchio comments! Or a lot of them anyway...

And they have deleted all my Richard comments...so although i actually agree with you now that he just might be Arthur I am going to laugh a lot if he turns out to be Richard! (i think those comments got deleted due to my use of the word Dick)...
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:32 pm

If he's Frank/Monster I'll be like 'not only did I say it months ago, I also called BS on H/K!"

Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:43 am

haha...i will laugh SO hard if he ends up the G-man and you will be like 'i so called that'!!!! haha
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:15 am

Shoot wait! What if he IS enslaved by her? She took his heart, maybe? Anyhow, I am glad that despite my way out there ramblings for a couple days (Gingerbread man.... come on now) I decided to say BS only 6 in 10k called it. Please. I'd like to see that poll. Even if I don't have it exactly right I'd be super shocked if Dr. Frank and/or the Monster aren't a part of it. I'll stick with where I left it before. Dr.F and somehow the monster.
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:03 am

LOL!!!!
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:50 am

Another observation: Dr. Whale might snitch to Regina on things but I don't get the sense it is with any zeal. I think he was reluctant to contact her, so whoever he is, I bet that character was somehow enslaved by Regina (IGOR! LOL)
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:16 am

Okay have we seen him not wearing a blue shirt yet? It seems like at the hospital at least it's always a blue shirt.
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:50 pm

Ranna156 wrote:er yes...Frankenstein in that one is the 'monster'...in the Jekyll/Hyde one it is intended to be either...or both...that somehow Frankenstein story will be comboed with Jekyll/Hyde

I REALLY like the J/H theory but I'll keep to my Dr. Frank/Frank (both) idea. It seems like something they'd do to have him somehow be The Monster, too. Man, this is exhausting. LOL
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:28 pm

er yes...Frankenstein in that one is the 'monster'...in the Jekyll/Hyde one it is intended to be either...or both...that somehow Frankenstein story will be comboed with Jekyll/Hyde
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:26 pm

it was intended to be either the dr or the 'monster' or both...i guess i could split them apart...but i was hoping that if you voted on that one you would just clarify it in the comments on what you were actually voting on. Just trying to keep it from being super long but i can split them apart if you want.
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:09 pm

So I cast my vote for Frankenstein/Dr. Frankenstein with the understanding that by "Frankenstein" you mean The Monster (who was just The Monster and never actually got named). Is that correct? Not trying to be "that guy", I just want to make sure I understand. :-)
    rra615

Post by rra615 Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:02 pm

i was talking to my mom (who is as big of a fan as i am) and she thinks he could be the caterpillar from wonderland.

since he said "you are not my prince" to david, i am convinced he's not from FTW, but either wonderland or neverland.

i still think he's from wonderland but not sure who exactly he is.

i also think he was working under/for regina in the other world (as well as storybrooke) or as a camaraderie of some sort..like jefferson or sydney, and regina screwed him like she did the other two (which could've resulted in his transport to wonderland or neverland). yes, everyone was under her spell but he checked in w/ regina when anything happened at the hospital and the reason he was so angry with her could be because he trusted her and she cursed him..jefferson wasn't effected by the curse

just a thought
    LZenOUT
    LZenOUT

Post by LZenOUT Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:32 pm

We have to keep in mind that the curse alters their personality some. And most everyone in town would obey a direct order from Regina (EDIT: before the curse was broken), so not putting too much weight on that.
    rra615

Post by rra615 Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:03 pm

this is dr. whale's description according to wikipedia. i read it trying to see if i could find any clues as to who he could be:

Dr. Whale (David Anders) is a doctor working in the Storybrooke Hospital and is most often seen treating David Nolan. He is strongly connected to Regina Mills and does whatever she says without hesitation. He becomes romantically involved with Mary Margaret Blanchard when she tries to move on from David; he sends her flowers, buys her drinks, and take her out on a couple of dates. However, on the pair's first date, he is unable to stop looking at Ruby; he is also seen trying to help Ruby carry her bags when she leaves home. In the second season, he leads a mob to Regina (the Evil Queen)'s home intending to kill her, but is stopped by Emma and James. The producers have stated that Dr. Whale's identity in the Enchanted Forest will be revealed in a future season.

so it's someone who is connected to regina in that he does w/e she wants, but something of a womanizer. he did turn on her as soon as he remembered who he was and who she is, so he's not under her spell anymore. hope this helps but it seems like its just a reverberation of what you all said
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:51 pm

Ranna156 wrote:no i think the more input and theories the better!

They did say only 6 out of 10000 got it and more than 6 have definitely guessed Frankenstein and some of the others!

You know what the twist is? He's Dr. Frankenstein AND Frankenstein's monster all in one.
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:04 pm

no i think the more input and theories the better!

They did say only 6 out of 10000 got it and more than 6 have definitely guessed Frankenstein and some of the others!
    rra615

Post by rra615 Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:50 am

Shekinel wrote:I was reading some of his interviews looking for hints about his identity and in one of them, and i quote, he says " I'm not just a womanizing lech who occasionally heals people. I'm still a pussy-hound, but the magic is released so everyone is realizing who they are. We're dealing with the magic in Stroybrooke first and the love stories will come later. But you learn what world I come from, who I am and it's really cool." So we all notice his...love..for the ladies and he said he still a pussy-hound. So , i'll go with he is Puss in Boots xD!! HAHA And that "you learn what world I come from" makes me think he is not from FTL.

this is going to be an off guess and kind of tied back with the captain nemo's "a whale of a tale" theory:

i don't know if i remember the original disney's alice in wonderland cartoon correctly but i kind of remember tweedle dee and dum telling a story and saying "whale of a tale". i think the story had something to do with a walrus and/or a whale..

since he said we'll find out "which world he's from", he could be from wonderland and be a tweedle dee/dum mix or even the chesire cat?

i don't know..just a thought.. i'm sorry if i'm taking you guys your tracks!!!
    Shekinel
    Shekinel

Post by Shekinel Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:13 am

If the man in the pics i was refering to (spoiler blog chat) ends up being Whale, i could see him being Frankestein or Dr.Jekyll just like Ranna and Obsessed said from the beginning! =O!!
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:28 am

at least you remember haha...I do as well...
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:27 am

wouldn't surprise me...they deleted all my early The Stranger is Pinocchio comments...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 12:13 am