Chat Once Upon a Time!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chat Once Upon a Time!

Welcome to Chat Once Upon a Time!, a chat site dedicated to the ABC hit show Once Upon a Time. This site aims to provide fellow Oncer fans a place to openly discuss & share anything & everything OUAT!

TIP: The chatbox is ONLY viewable to members. Try registering as a member if you would like to join our live chats every Sunday starting at 8:00 pm EST!!! magicprice

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatOUaT Tweets

Quickies!

Sleeping Curse Suggestionbox01 Sleeping Curse Howtos

Sleeping Curse VisitSB

Sleeping Curse EclecticsSpoilers Sleeping Curse EsSpoilChat

Sleeping Curse Sitemap02

Sleeping Curse Abcsite001

Get Ready to RUMPLE!!!

Poll

who do you think Lilly's Father is?
Sleeping Curse I_vote_lcap31%Sleeping Curse I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
Sleeping Curse I_vote_lcap8%Sleeping Curse I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Sleeping Curse I_vote_lcap15%Sleeping Curse I_vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
Sleeping Curse I_vote_lcap0%Sleeping Curse I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Sleeping Curse I_vote_lcap31%Sleeping Curse I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

OUaT Tweet Time

Sleeping Curse

cuddlyasatiger
    cuddlyasatiger

Sleeping Curse Empty Sleeping Curse

Post by cuddlyasatiger

Created by: Maleficent
    Enacted by: Maleficent, Regina

What it does: It entombs the cursed inside their own body. The cursed appears dead, but is actually conscious just paralyzed.

How to break it: True love's kiss. Each time it has been broken, an aura has erupted from the kiss.

Special features: It seems that it cannot be enacted just from a spell. The intended victim must actually get the curse into their bloodstream, either by ingesting it or pricking their finger. It must be taken willingly as it wouldn't work if forced upon someone.

Side Effects: After it's broken, the victim will continue to have vivid nightmares. The nightmares fade over time.

Why it was used: It is unknown at this time why Maleficent used it. Regina used on Snow White in an attempt at revenge. She also attempted to use it on Emma to keep her from breaking the Dark Curse, but Henry ended up cursed instead.

Last edited by cuddlyasatiger on Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:28 am; edited 2 times in total
    Share this post on: reddit

Ranna156

Post Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:46 pm by Ranna156

So in the nightmares your soul actually travels to this Netherworld? You aren't really there so you can't touch people...but you can be burned by the fire??? Really confusing if you ask me!
    cuddlyasatiger

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:22 am by cuddlyasatiger

Oh yea this Brandon Saunderson(?) guy is doing an amazing job with it. The last book comes out in January. ...I'm addicted. Think I will probably go to Legend of the Seeker in between SoIF books pirat But I really hope OUAT does something with the dreamwalker type stuff - but not too much all at once we already have a lot of timelines and worlds to cover in every episode Razz But I do think it would be awesome if that turned out to be their form of communication.
    Ranna156

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:04 am by Ranna156

Yeah I know...haven't read the series...will probably be the next 'series' i get into after I finish the Girl with a Dragon Tattoo series...have only read the first one.

I have heard though that Jordan was 'running on and going nowhere' and whoever took it over is doing a really good job...so i will do it i think!

George RR Martin has a website...I think that is where I saw where LOTR was an inspiration (but really what fantasy writer wasn't inspired by that...haha) and also the War of the Roses...Unfortunately he also has something that if he dies before he finishes NO ONE can pick it up...so hopefully he doesn't die! I LOVE that series!

The Legend of the Seeker show never made it far enough along to where you met Jagang (think it was 3rd book)...but he could control most people with his dreamwalking and he was the main antagonist in the rest of the series (except the last book put out...which was really just Goodkind trying to cash in on Richard and Kahlan...nothing like his previous ones).
    cuddlyasatiger

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:55 am by cuddlyasatiger

Didn't know that about Legend of the Seeker. Yea, probably true about LOTR, but in his intro George R R Martin specifically cites WoT and Robert Jordan as his main inspiration for creating SoFI. Which is also unfortunate since Jordan died before completing his series. Sad
    Ranna156

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:34 am by Ranna156

cuddlyasatiger wrote:I don't know if any of you have read Wheel of Time (WoT), but this is also a form of communication in these books. Certain people can do it almost instinctively, including the wolf people (Red?) and the 'wise ones'. Others need a charm or enchantment. They are Dreamwalkers. More and more of this show brings to mind WoT. Oh and some trivia for those GoT (SoFI) fans: WoT was the inspiration for that series.

I think LOTR was also a huge inspiration for that series as was the War of the Roses (which is non-fiction).

As for dreamwalkers that also happened in the Sword of Truth series (Legend of the Seeker). Also there were a couple of 'wizards/Carpathians' who could meet in their dreams in Christine Feehan's Dark series...

Something is up with that color red though and fire too I think. Also a room with no doors and no windows...look up maybe?...or down?...a pit maybe? or maybe its just means that you can only enter that room if you have been affected by the sleeping curse and so you enter it through the dream...???
    cuddlyasatiger

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:25 am by cuddlyasatiger

I don't know if any of you have read Wheel of Time (WoT), but this is also a form of communication in these books. Certain people can do it almost instinctively, including the wolf people (Red?) and the 'wise ones'. Others need a charm or enchantment. They are Dreamwalkers. More and more of this show brings to mind WoT. Oh and some trivia for those GoT (SoFI) fans: WoT was the inspiration for that series.
    Ranna156

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:48 am by Ranna156

Can't WAIT! Wonder if they will meet in their dreams or if Charming is going to fall under the curse deliberately so that he can 'meet' Snow in his dreams!
    eclectic1

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:36 am by eclectic1

We may have to update this as it appears there is more to this sleeping curse than meets the eye!!! Cool

Thanks to this 'dream sequence' mention in the "Tallahassee" episode...the shared/similar dreams both Henry and Aurora had when they sleep that occur AFTER they've now been revived from it. Have a feeling Snow has them too...

Eddy and Adam were asked about this on their podcast for the show...both said "excellent question" which usually means, what they did was meant to be an "aha-what?" moment! lol! Both bring up the "sleeping curse side effects"...Adam states this "Being under a sleeping curse has certain affects and what they are is more than a dream..." Eddy states, then, about the questioner "you're on to something..."

Both say we will get our answer shortly...so, more to come on this!!! Cool
    Ranna156

Post Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:50 pm by Ranna156

i still want to know what was so special about that apple the Blind Witch stole (from Hansel & Gretyl episode) since it would have been before the curse trades could have taken place!

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:55 pm