Chat Once Upon a Time!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chat Once Upon a Time!

Welcome to Chat Once Upon a Time!, a chat site dedicated to the ABC hit show Once Upon a Time. This site aims to provide fellow Oncer fans a place to openly discuss & share anything & everything OUAT!

TIP: The chatbox is ONLY viewable to members. Try registering as a member if you would like to join our live chats every Sunday starting at 8:00 pm EST!!! magicprice

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatOUaT Tweets

Quickies!

Blue Fairy/Mother Superior Suggestionbox01 Blue Fairy/Mother Superior Howtos

Blue Fairy/Mother Superior VisitSB

Blue Fairy/Mother Superior EclecticsSpoilers Blue Fairy/Mother Superior EsSpoilChat

Blue Fairy/Mother Superior Sitemap02

Blue Fairy/Mother Superior Abcsite001

Get Ready to RUMPLE!!!

Poll

who do you think Lilly's Father is?
Blue Fairy/Mother Superior I_vote_lcap31%Blue Fairy/Mother Superior I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
Blue Fairy/Mother Superior I_vote_lcap8%Blue Fairy/Mother Superior I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Blue Fairy/Mother Superior I_vote_lcap15%Blue Fairy/Mother Superior I_vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
Blue Fairy/Mother Superior I_vote_lcap8%Blue Fairy/Mother Superior I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Blue Fairy/Mother Superior I_vote_lcap0%Blue Fairy/Mother Superior I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Blue Fairy/Mother Superior I_vote_lcap31%Blue Fairy/Mother Superior I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

OUaT Tweet Time

Blue Fairy/Mother Superior

cuddlyasatiger
    cuddlyasatiger

Blue Fairy/Mother Superior Empty Blue Fairy/Mother Superior

Post by cuddlyasatiger

Blue Fairy/Mother Superior BlueFairy_MotherSuperiour

Birthname: Unknown
    FTL Persona: Blue Fairy
    Storybrooke Persona: Mother Superior
    Nickname or Pseudonyms: Reul Ghorm
    Born: Unknown. She was seen as an adult fairy as far back as when Bae got the magic bean.
    Death: Alive; presumed to be immortal
    Characteristics: confident almost arrogant, patronizing, powerful
    Fairytale Origin: Pinocchio
    Memorable quote(s): "I am on the right side" "You drove him away!"

Major Mysteries or Questions: Why did the Blue Fairy not want Nova and Grumpy to be
    together? Did the Mother Superior retain her memories while in Storybrooke? What were the final preparations she was making right before The Curse hit?

TopicFairyTale Land/Other World Storybrooke/OurWorld
    SpousesNoneNone
    Significant Other(s)NoneNone
    MotherUnknownUnknown
    FatherUnknownUnknown
    ChildrenNoneNone
    OccupationHead FairyMother Superior
    Sexual EncountersNoneNone
    Short Biography:

Hardly anything is known of the Blue Fairy's personal life, including her name. The best I can give you is her resume. She first appears in FTL as Reul Ghorm providing Bae with the last magic bean. Reul Ghorm (Gaelic for "blue star") is said by Morraine is an ancient being that rules the night...'The Original Power'. She tells Baelfire that there is 'Good Magic' & 'Dark Magic' & that she is on the right side. She is next seen turning Jiminy into a cricket and helping him find Geppetto. At some point she becomes the Head Fairy. As Head Fairy, she prevents Nova, a well-meaning but clumsy fairy, from being with her true love, Dreamy (who becomes Grumpy). After the Evil Queen vows to curse everyone in FTL, the Blue Fairy brings Geppetto an enchanted tree to carve into a wardrobe in order to save baby Emma.

In Storybrooke, she is Mother Superior. She often volunteers at the hospital. When a stranger comes to town, she seems to know what nobody else does - who he is. She is with Regina and Dr. Whale in the hospital when the curse breaks and tells Regina she'd better hide.

Blue Fairy/Mother Superior Fairies01

Blue Fairy/Mother Superior Origin of Celtic (Gaelic) fairies by Teresa Martin at Once Upon a Fan

Played By: Keegan Connor Tracy

Blue Fairy/Mother Superior Twitter Blue Fairy/Mother Superior Facebook Blue Fairy/Mother Superior IMDb

Last edited by cuddlyasatiger on Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:45 am; edited 7 times in total
    Share this post on: reddit

Ranna156

Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:22 pm by Ranna156

i am not so sure that the blue fairy had anything to do with the Dark Curse...the one Regina cast...but I am TOTALLY on board with she was either the creator or she did something that ended up in either bringing the Dark One Curse about or created that...
    eclectic1

Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:30 pm by eclectic1

I tend to agree with you, playarita, on the fact that the Blue Fairy was the original creator of the curse Rump passed on to Regina.
    Also, that she may not be totally 'good'...even Keegan (who plays her)isnt against that theory! Wink Cool

I'm wondering when we'll get more of her backstory...thinking it may be because it would reveal ALOT of "secrets" the writers want to gradually cover in future episodes!!!

playarita

Post Sun Nov 25, 2012 1:38 am by playarita

I love the Shakespeare connection! It is brilliant.

I have my own but that is mostly because I am skeptical of Blue Fairy (even they say she is good).

To be honest her alias had been on my mind recently. I decided to
    research her alias and found some information that definitely made me
    want to ponder a bit more about it.

I love you Only the word "g(h)orm" is a gaelic word meaning blue. I could not find
    any information on the word reul (looked up in dictionary lists,
    translations--search fairy, fae, spirit etc)

I love you Reul is an anagram and two words emerge from it: lure and rule.

I love you http://www.sfheart.com/color.html
    This site has good insight on the meaning of blue in both positive
    (Content, Idealistic, Patient, Creative, Peaceful, Truthful) and
    negative (Negative: Smug, Dogmatic, Fanatic, Rigid, Negative, Critical)
    vibrations (if that is the right word).

I love you I thought it was interesting to note that some blue stars that are found in
    constellations are found in Orion and Ophiuchus. What I especially like
    about the constellation Ophiuchus is that it means serpent-bearer and it
    is one of the constellations that is considered the 13th constellation
    in the zodiac or some believe hidden or lost.

I
    believe that might be some insight to her nature. She lures people into
    accepting her help because she recognizes their desperateness. In this
    she rules over them (maybe in the form of stipulations) as magic always
    come with a price.

Adding to that train of thought when I think
    about the constellation Ophiuchus I thought it interesting that it meant
    serpent-bearer. I felt as if that is a small little glimpse further
    into who the blue fairy is, and what she is about. I am really starting
    to lean towards the belief that she created (or is the bearer) of
    Rumpelstiltskin's curse (more than likely created it) and Cora's magic.

Going
    further if fairies like Nova were cursed then who cursed them? If it
    was the blue fairy then would that mean fairies like Nova were spirited
    away and replaced by fairies? Who then were these fairies and why would
    the Blue Fairy want to switch them? I cannot help but wonder if the
    price of the Blue Fairy's power (or her wanting to have that much power,
    and rule) was that her offspring would be far and between and something
    inherently wrong/defective with them that she would have to change them
    with human babies and curse them into being fairies?
    Ranna156

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:06 pm by Ranna156

you know for being the Original Power I would think she certainly knows a lot about the various capable magical items etc in the land.

SO why didn't she tell Bae that another way to break Rump's Dark Curse was true love's kiss? maybe if Bae had kissed his father it would have broken his curse?

why didn't she tell Jiminy & Geppetto about Lake Nostos...that may have brought back his parents...

eclectic1

Post Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:51 pm by eclectic1

cuddlyasatiger wrote:Okay, so all the Shakespeare Easter Eggs - a couple in particular - reminded me that when I first saw the "Dreamy" episode I couldn't help but think of my high school's production of Midsummer Night's Dream. (We had an amazing theater dept) Blue has a lot in common with Titania, queen of the fairies in MND.

There is one glaring difference though. Titania is married to Oberon. We can argue whether this is true love or not, but doesn't matter, the point is the fairies in MND are capable of love. Maybe Blue has a broken heart (she is blue after all) and that's why she doesn't want Nova and Grumpy together. Not bitterness exactly, but just the experience of the pain. There is a motif among the more powerful players in this show of love as a weakness, even though most acknowledge True Love as the most powerful. Maybe she doesn't really believe in true love anymore?

"Like" !!! and very interesting! Cool
    cuddlyasatiger

Post Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:59 pm by cuddlyasatiger

Okay, so all the Shakespeare Easter Eggs - a couple in particular - reminded me that when I first saw the "Dreamy" episode I couldn't help but think of my high school's production of Midsummer Night's Dream. (We had an amazing theater dept) Blue has a lot in common with Titania, queen of the fairies in MND.

There is one glaring difference though. Titania is married to Oberon. We can argue whether this is true love or not, but doesn't matter, the point is the fairies in MND are capable of love. Maybe Blue has a broken heart (she is blue after all) and that's why she doesn't want Nova and Grumpy together. Not bitterness exactly, but just the experience of the pain. There is a motif among the more powerful players in this show of love as a weakness, even though most acknowledge True Love as the most powerful. Maybe she doesn't really believe in true love anymore?

Ranna156

Post Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:41 pm by Ranna156

What the HECK were those final preparations!?!

From one of the sneak peeks of 202 we know that she doesn't have any fairy dust...UMMM THEN what were you doing with all of it...did you NOT think to bring A LITTLE bit along???...granted maybe that is what saved a little part of FTL...but magic was dwindling there as well...but maybe there was enough to keep a small part powered for a long time??? who knows...so many possibilities! Wink

Last edited by cuddlyasatiger on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed spoiler tags)
    cuddlyasatiger

Post Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:00 am by cuddlyasatiger

She's bound to be the mean witch in something! pirat
    Ranna156

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:54 pm by Ranna156

yes i think that too...but i was thinking it might be fun if the blue fairy was the 'mean witch' in the Rapunzel story! LOL
    cuddlyasatiger

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:41 pm by cuddlyasatiger

Didn't know that! I think she will be kind of like Rump and end up being in a lot of the other tales even if just tangentially.
    Ranna156

Post Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:12 am by Ranna156

Did you know that in the original (1812) edition of the Grimm's Rapunzel that Mother Gothel was a fairy. By the 1857 edition Mother Gothel was a old woman/sorceress/witch. Makes me almost wonder if they won't have the Blue Fairy have some part in the Rapunzel story!

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 9:11 pm