Chat Once Upon a Time!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chat Once Upon a Time!

Welcome to Chat Once Upon a Time!, a chat site dedicated to the ABC hit show Once Upon a Time. This site aims to provide fellow Oncer fans a place to openly discuss & share anything & everything OUAT!

TIP: The chatbox is ONLY viewable to members. Try registering as a member if you would like to join our live chats every Sunday starting at 8:00 pm EST!!! magicprice

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatOUaT Tweets

Quickies!

Pilot  Suggestionbox01 Pilot  Howtos

Pilot  VisitSB

Pilot  EclecticsSpoilers Pilot  EsSpoilChat

Pilot  Sitemap02

Pilot  Abcsite001

Get Ready to RUMPLE!!!

Poll

who do you think Lilly's Father is?
Pilot  I_vote_lcap31%Pilot  I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
Pilot  I_vote_lcap8%Pilot  I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Pilot  I_vote_lcap15%Pilot  I_vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
Pilot  I_vote_lcap0%Pilot  I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Pilot  I_vote_lcap31%Pilot  I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

OUaT Tweet Time

Pilot

Ranna156
    Ranna156

Pilot  Empty Pilot

Post by Ranna156

Pilot  Ep101

This is Fairy Tale Land.

Yes, Fairy Tale Land. It’s the place of
    princesses, princes and happy endings. But more importantly, it’s a place of
    magic. We open on the most famous of happy endings, Prince Charming kissing
    Snow White and waking her from her magically induced slumber. Their happy
    ending is abruptly interrupted on their wedding day by the Evil Queen who vows,
    “I shall destroy your happiness, if it is the last thing I do.”

In the real world, Boston to be specific, we meet
    Emma, a beautiful twenty-something at a fancy dinner for an online date. We quickly realize this is no date at all.
    Emma’s a tough no-nonsense bail-bonds woman who’s looking to catch a client
    who’s skipped out on his bond. She calmly chases him down and knocks him out
    when he gets recalcitrant with her. It’s clear she knows how to take care of
    herself.

Emma returns home to finish her night by
    celebrating her birthday alone. Just as she blows out the candles to make a
    wish, her doorbell rings. She finds a young boy, Henry, who drops a bomb on
    her. He’s the child she gave up for adoption ten years ago. After Henry tries
    to bluff Emma about not caring if she calls the cops, Emma tells him she has a
    skill, “let’s call it a superpower. I can tell when anyone is lying. And you,
    kid--are.” He stops Emma and pleads with her not to call the cops but to take
    him home, back to the town of Storybrooke, Maine. Emma reluctantly agrees. On
    the way, she notices Henry holding a fairy tale book. Henry insists all the
    stories in it are true. When Emma scoffs at that assertion, he tells her she
    should know they’re true because she’s in it. Emma just shakes her head at him,
    “Kid, you’ve got problems.” Henry confidently replies, “Yup. And you’re gonna
    fix them.”

In Fairy Tale Land, Snow White and Charming make a
    deal with the imprisoned and malevolent Rumpelstiltskin to find out the future
    in an effort to save their unborn child. He agrees to give them the information
    as long as he gets the name of their unborn child in return. Snow White agrees.
    They learn of the Queen’s inevitable magic curse that will stop time and send
    everyone from Fairy Tale Land to a place where there will be no more happy
    endings. He tells them to get their child to safety. In 28 years she will
    return to find them and the final battle will begin. As Snow and Charming
    leave, Rumpelstiltskin demands to get his end of the deal. With great
    reluctance Snow White turns, “Emma. Her name is Emma.”

Once in Storybrooke, Henry introduces Emma to
    Archie, his psychiatrist. Once Archie leaves, Henry tells Emma that Archie is
    really Jiminy Cricket from the fairy tales in his book. Henry goes on to tell
    her that everyone in Storybrooke is actually a fairy tale character from his
    book but that they are trapped and frozen in time because of the Evil Queen’s
    curse. He points to the clock tower and tells Emma that it hasn’t moved all his
    life. No one in the town remembers their fairy tale lives. When Emma asks why
    anyone doesn’t leave, Henry says that bad things will happen.

Back in Fairy Tale Land, Snow White and Charming
    have been given a way to save their child by the Blue Fairy. She gives them a
    magical tree that when made into a vessel can ward off any curse, but the catch
    is it can hold only one--perfect for Snow and her unborn baby.

Emma takes Henry home and meets his mother
    Regina--it’s the Evil Queen from Fairy Tale Land. She is not at all happy to
    see Emma and suggests that it’s time for her to go back to where she came from.
    Emma takes the hint and leaves. While on the road out of town a wolf appears in
    front of her. She swerves and crashes on the side of the road. She wakes up to
    find herself in jail and is told by the sheriff, Graham, that he found her on
    the road leading out of town. Regina shows up and tells them Henry is missing
    again. Emma agrees to help find him. The trail leads him to Henry’s teacher,
    Mary Margaret, who looks exactly like—Snow White. Mary Margaret tells
    Emma she can probably find Henry at his “castle.”

In Fairy Tale Land, the Queen has enacted her
    curse, which is engulfing the land. As Snow delivers baby Emma early, the Queen
    raids the castle with her forces searching for the newborn. Since the magical
    vessel can hold only one person, Snow and Charming make the heartbreaking
    decision to put their newborn child Emma in it in an effort to get her to
    safety. Charming battles the Queen’s men and gets Emma into the safety of a
    wardrobe carved out of the tree. As he is struck down, he sees that Emma is
    gone when the Queen’s men break into the wardrobe. He closes his eyes with a
    quiet satisfaction. Snow finds Charming as the Queen bursts in. But just as the
    Queen thinks she’s won, she learns that Snow White and Charming were able to
    save their daughter and get her to safety. No matter, as the Queen laughs
    manically as the mist created by her curse swirls in a vortex around them. Snow
    asks where they are going. The Queen says, “Somewhere horrible. Absolutely
    horrible. A place where the only happy ending will be mine.” Then the blackness
    consumes them all.

Emma finds Henry at his “castle”, a rundown
    playground by the water’s edge. She notices he’s a little down because the clock
    tower still hasn’t moved. He thought once he brought her back to town the clock
    tower would move and things would start to change. When Emma gets impatient
    with his belief that everyone in town is a fairy tale character, he just smiles
    and tells her it’s okay. She’s only acting that way because she feels guilty
    for giving him up. Henry tells Emma that it’s okay she gave him up because he
    knows she wanted him to have the best chance. This hits Emma hard. She admits
    that he’s right, “I wanted you to have your best chance. But it’s not with me.”
    Henry pushes for her to stay, to help break the curse. Emma still doesn’t
    believe him but smiles at his insistence and tells him it’s time to go home.

Once home, Henry blows right by Regina without
    saying a word and heads to his room. Regina thanks Emma for bringing her son
    home, and then lays into her. Regina reminds her that she is his mother because
    Emma gave up that right a long time ago. She tells Emma it’s time for her to
    leave town, “Because if you don’t? I will destroy you if it’s the last thing I
    do.” Emma stands resolute as Regina heads into the house but before she makes
    it in, Emma asks Regina, “Do you love him?” Regina is surprised by the question
    and Emma asks it again. Regina replies, “Of course I love him.” It’s a stare
    down. Regina then slams the door on Emma. What did Emma take away from that?
    Did her “superpower” reveal it to be the truth or a lie?

Later that night, we find Mary Margaret
    volunteering at the hospital, placing flowers by sick patients’ bedsides. She
    enters a room to place flowers next to a John Doe coma patient, as we pull back
    we see that it’s none other than Prince Charming. Mary Margaret sets the
    flowers down, turns and leaves. She has no idea this is her Prince Charming.

Meanwhile, Emma decides to stay in town and gets a
    room at Granny’s Bed & Breakfast. While she’s checking in, Emma meets Mr.
    Gold, who looks eerily like a cleaned up version of Rumpelstiltskin--every bit
    as intimidating. When asked how long she plans on staying in Storybrooke, Emma
    replies, just a week. As she’s handed her key, we cut to Henry, looking
    intently out his bedroom window at the clock tower. And then... the big hand
    moves. As the clock ticks Henry breaks into a big grin, hopeful that everything
    is about to change.

Summary by
    Bryan Gracia

The official ABC secrets page for this episode can be found here:
    Pilot Secrets Page

- Before Emma decides to stay in Storybrooke, the town's clocktower is stuck at 8:15. Show creators Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz both worked on ABC's LOST, which followed the survivors of the crash of Oceanic flight 815.

- Emma's car has a Geronimo Jackson bumper sticker. That's a reference to a fictional band whose hit song "Dharma Lady" was featured on LOST.

Last edited by LZenOUT on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added ABC secrets)
    Share this post on: reddit

Ranna156

Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:20 pm by Ranna156

recently came across this again and thought i would post it...after all THIS was the promo that probably got most of you watching OUaT!

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:22 am