Chat Once Upon a Time!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chat Once Upon a Time!

Welcome to Chat Once Upon a Time!, a chat site dedicated to the ABC hit show Once Upon a Time. This site aims to provide fellow Oncer fans a place to openly discuss & share anything & everything OUAT!

TIP: The chatbox is ONLY viewable to members. Try registering as a member if you would like to join our live chats every Sunday starting at 8:00 pm EST!!! magicprice

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatOUaT Tweets

Quickies!

Jefferson's Hat Suggestionbox01 Jefferson's Hat Howtos

Jefferson's Hat VisitSB

Jefferson's Hat EclecticsSpoilers Jefferson's Hat EsSpoilChat

Jefferson's Hat Sitemap02

Jefferson's Hat Abcsite001

Get Ready to RUMPLE!!!

Poll

who do you think Lilly's Father is?
Jefferson's Hat I_vote_lcap31%Jefferson's Hat I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
Jefferson's Hat I_vote_lcap8%Jefferson's Hat I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Jefferson's Hat I_vote_lcap15%Jefferson's Hat I_vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
Jefferson's Hat I_vote_lcap0%Jefferson's Hat I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Jefferson's Hat I_vote_lcap31%Jefferson's Hat I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

OUaT Tweet Time

Jefferson's Hat

cuddlyasatiger
    cuddlyasatiger

Jefferson's Hat Empty Jefferson's Hat

Post by cuddlyasatiger

Created by: Unknown - possibly Jefferson
    Used by: Jefferson, Regina and Emma

What it does: It is a gateway between several, if not all, magical worlds.

How it works: First there must be magic present, how well the hat works depends on how much magic there is. A little magic and you might be able to retrieve a small object with just your hand. A lot of magic and people can jump into the hat and choose which doorway they would like to enter.

Special Features: The hat has its own rules. It seems the Jefferson is the only one who understands all of them and can precisely control the hat. One rule, and arguably the most important rule, is that the same number of people that go in must come out.

Why it was used: Jefferson uses the hat for Regina a couple of times. The first to retrieve her father from Wonderland (she tricks Jefferson and he is stuck there). The second time is to retrieve her poisoned apple from FTL. Regina and Emma use the hat to trap the Wraith. Jefferson brings Dr. Frankenstein to FTL so he may attempt to bring Regina's love back from the dead.

Doors we have seen in the hat:

Jefferson's Hat AJefferson's Hat B Jefferson's Hat C
    A. - ???? B. - ???? C. - WONDERLAND

Jefferson's Hat D Jefferson's Hat E Jefferson's Hat F
    D. - ???? E. - ???? F. - ????

Jefferson's Hat G Jefferson's Hat H Jefferson's Hat I
    G. - OZH. - Chocolate Factory I. - ????

Jefferson's Hat JJefferson's Hat K Jefferson's Hat L
    J. - ???? K. - ???? L. - ????

Jefferson's Hat M Jefferson's Hat N Jefferson's Hat O
    M. - ???? N. - ???? O. - ????

Last edited by cuddlyasatiger on Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Share this post on: reddit

Ranna156

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:34 pm by Ranna156

LZenOUT wrote:I'm pretty sure the hat that Emma made, before magic came back, was just a hat. Now - who knows.

On the doors, D reminds me of King Arthur, so I'm going with Camelot, E really does look Egyptian (probably mummies - hope it's something more original), F Oriental, I reminds me of Sherlock Holmes for some reason, and O has to be Frankenstein's world. The others, other than Wonderland, I don't have a clue.

good thoughts...I could also see D being the door to FTL...I has always reminded me of british or english...so i could see 'london' and sherlock holmes, robin hood, mary poppins...or all of the above...like a alternate london where all these magical things really do/did happen.
    LZenOUT

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:18 pm by LZenOUT

I'm pretty sure the hat that Emma made, before magic came back, was just a hat. Now - who knows.

On the doors, D reminds me of King Arthur, so I'm going with Camelot, E really does look Egyptian (probably mummies - hope it's something more original), F Oriental, I reminds me of Sherlock Holmes for some reason, and O has to be Frankenstein's world. The others, other than Wonderland, I don't have a clue.
    Ranna156

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:43 pm by Ranna156

I think its a definite possibility that the hat Emma made could be magical and work...Not sure though if Jefferson actually went anywhere in it...or if maybe the hat just 'cushioned' his fall...he fell pretty far and was nowhere in sight...so i think they could definitely go either way with that...

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:38 pm by rra615

so emma made a hat back in the first season, and i'm pretty sure it worked because when jeff fell out the window, he disappeared so i assume he went through the hat. he also had his original hat in SB, so there appear to be 2 magic hats that can portal jump

now, was the hat where regina sent the wraith (and emma & MM) jefferson's original hat, or the extra one?

so if one is burnt, there still is another one, that might be able to work with fairy dust, right?
    Ranna156

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:33 pm by Ranna156

I would imagine that one of the doors do...that it leads back through the hat...to where ever you jumped in.

I just assumed that was the door the wraith picked...and it dragged Emma with it and when you saw MM & Emma laying on the floor MM was holding Emma...

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:29 pm by rra615

Ranna156 wrote:
    rra615 wrote:also, B looks like it could be tribal, from the sliver of the frame.. maybe that leads to the land of the jungle book!

hmm...i can't tell anything from that one! haha

I think Shek has a picture of a candyland thing and she thought maybe it could be a candycane or pole with stripes...North Pole...where santa's elves make toys...or misfit island? haha

yes - the stripes do look like they're wrapped around a pole so it very well could be the north pole!

i still wonder why they automatically got sucked into FTL with the wraith, and if any of the doors do lead to FTL

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:27 pm by rra615

Ranna156 wrote:
    rra615 wrote:i wonder what the brick one is! probably restricted. and are we sure that G is Oz and not L? They're both green, but it looks like L has a mirror on it too.

The only one we are sure or that was confirmed in the show is Wonderland and that is why it is in green. Oz & Choco factory haven't been confirmed so that is why they are in yellow.

i think that brick one might have something to do with Labyrinth...

oh okay. i meant the doors themselves are green, not the color of the text. G looks like it would be a better contender for Oz, but i wondered if there was a reason that was Oz and not L
    Ranna156

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:25 pm by Ranna156

rra615 wrote:also, B looks like it could be tribal, from the sliver of the frame.. maybe that leads to the land of the jungle book!

hmm...i can't tell anything from that one! haha

I think Shek has a picture of a candyland thing and she thought maybe it could be a candycane or pole with stripes...North Pole...where santa's elves make toys...or misfit island? haha
    Ranna156

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:23 pm by Ranna156

rra615 wrote:i wonder what the brick one is! probably restricted. and are we sure that G is Oz and not L? They're both green, but it looks like L has a mirror on it too.

The only one we are sure or that was confirmed in the show is Wonderland and that is why it is in green. Oz & Choco factory haven't been confirmed so that is why they are in yellow.

i think that brick one might have something to do with Labyrinth...

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:18 pm by rra615

also, B looks like it could be tribal, from the sliver of the frame.. maybe that leads to the land of the jungle book!

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:15 pm by rra615

i wonder what the brick one is! probably restricted. and are we sure that G is Oz and not L? They're both green, but it looks like L has a mirror on it too.
    Ranna156

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:11 pm by Ranna156

LZenOUT wrote:
    Ranna156 wrote:The red door does look asian...did Mulan ever say she was from a different world than FTL though? Maybe Aladdin? That was originally a chinese tale I believe.
    Aladdin came from the 1001 Arabian Nights lore.

Yes and actually is was one of the later stories added...by a frenchman...who supposedly got the story from a syrian...either way...aladdin himself was chinese and I beleve he even lived in china...sooo I thinks its possible that an asian style door could lead to the land of aladdin. The genie of agrabah could get on a ship and go back to his land...so it wouldn't surprise me if they give aladdin a different world to be from so that the 'distance' between the evil sorcerer and the 'emperor' could be great....or maybe they will keep it disnefied...who knows...there was a good miniseries on 1001 nights that did aladdin and he was chinese in that too.
    LZenOUT

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:03 pm by LZenOUT

Ranna156 wrote:The red door does look asian...did Mulan ever say she was from a different world than FTL though? Maybe Aladdin? That was originally a chinese tale I believe.
    Aladdin came from the 1001 Arabian Nights lore.

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:09 pm by rra615

if you look at the rotating pictures up by the description of his hat, it does look like they're inside the hat.. however when emma, MM, and the wraith get sucked into the hat they go straight to FTL. i wonder why that is..
    Ranna156

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:05 pm by Ranna156

ok they were basing the 20 count on that the room was a perfect circle...although i don't know if that is the case...Jefferson said something about infinite worlds pressing against each other...either way these are the shots of the doors we saw maybe minus one blurry shot of a partial door that we got a glimpse of.
    Ranna156

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:32 am by Ranna156

and C is a mirror. You can see the reflection of someone in it.
    Ranna156

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:31 am by Ranna156

i don't know about 20 doors...did you count them? Unless they were saying that is what the writers said? that there were 20 doors in there? (maybe we just didn't get a good look at all of them)?

The chocolate factory door is pretty much a hint the writers gave.

The hieroglyphics door - the mummy? wasn't that from egypt? I am sure there are a lot of Egyptian type of tales.

The red door does look asian...did Mulan ever say she was from a different world than FTL though? Maybe Aladdin? That was originally a chinese tale I believe.

Then door M reminds me of an arabic style door although those things look like umbrella's on there and I don't know what that could mean...hmm

Post Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:52 am by rra615

i stumbled upon another board that had all the doors too, but they said there were 20 doors... and the door to wonderland looks more like a mirror, as if it is across from door J, in the picture they showed.

on that board, they agree that G and H go to Oz and the Chocolate factory (though i don't understand how you/they came up with the chocolate factory)

they think door I goes to ftl, and they think E and F look Asian-inspired, so that could be Mulan's world.

I think E looks more like hieroglyphics but I can't think of any Disney themed Egyptian set movie. Prince of Egypt was DreamWorks, and I seriously doubt that the OUAT writers will go back to the old testament. The only thing I can think of is Raiders of the Lost Arc, which is Disney-owned, so that could be cool if something is Indiana Jones themed, but thats going wayy out on a limb
    Ranna156

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:04 pm by Ranna156

the hat (at least Jeff' hat) was a portal only between magical realms...so it wouldn't come to this world...but maybe it could have gone to SB with magic there now...

I think the bean would take you pretty much where you wanted or needed to go. The BF told Bae to follow where it lead...i don't think the bean leads to a room with a bunch of doors...

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:39 am by rra615

yeah, maybe one of the doors goes to neverland and maybe the bean portal could've taken bae to this place - he could've chosen the door to neverland

one of the doors probably goes to our world- i'm guessing door I. one probably goes to FTL too, so whatever door looks like a land.

i hope that the hat isn't the only way to portal jump!!
    Ranna156

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:57 am by Ranna156

Well Jeff's hat went up in smoke...but I am holding out hope that Emma's creation works now with magic present. Jeff & Emma & possibly SW are the only ones who know about the hat...also maybe August if him & Jeff were in cahoots on anything. Anyway maybe once they start to communicate through the dreams Emma will remember the hat she made...that might be the piece they need to open up a portal to our world...although Jeff's hat only went to magical realms...but I guess Storybrooke could now be considered a magical realm. Wonder where the entry point would be...The Well? haha would love a Goonies reference!
    Ranna156

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:01 pm by Ranna156

I wonder if one of the doors we have seen goes to Neverland...maybe that blue door that kind of looks like it might go somewhere there is a lot of water...
    LZenOUT

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:17 am by LZenOUT

Ranna156 wrote:...leaning more towards O with that blue light at the bottom...
    I think you're right on O being the door to Frankenstein's world.
    Ranna156

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:20 pm by Ranna156

thinking...

A is Narnia - don't know why but that deer always makes me think of Narnia

K is Labyrinth - the way it is reminds me of a scene in that movie...although the brick color is different

Thinking J or O is Frank's land...if we saw a door to his world...can't remember if we saw the 'blue' of electricity...if we did then leaning more towards O with that blue light at the bottom...if we didn't leaning more towards J...
    Ranna156

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:42 pm by Ranna156

I am thinking that black & white door leads to the black & white world

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:44 pm