Chat Once Upon a Time!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chat Once Upon a Time!

Welcome to Chat Once Upon a Time!, a chat site dedicated to the ABC hit show Once Upon a Time. This site aims to provide fellow Oncer fans a place to openly discuss & share anything & everything OUAT!

TIP: The chatbox is ONLY viewable to members. Try registering as a member if you would like to join our live chats every Sunday starting at 8:00 pm EST!!! magicprice

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatOUaT Tweets

Quickies!

Child of the Moon Suggestionbox01 Child of the Moon Howtos

Child of the Moon VisitSB

Child of the Moon EclecticsSpoilers Child of the Moon EsSpoilChat

Child of the Moon Sitemap02

Child of the Moon Abcsite001

Get Ready to RUMPLE!!!

Poll

who do you think Lilly's Father is?
Child of the Moon I_vote_lcap31%Child of the Moon I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
Child of the Moon I_vote_lcap8%Child of the Moon I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Child of the Moon I_vote_lcap15%Child of the Moon I_vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
Child of the Moon I_vote_lcap0%Child of the Moon I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Child of the Moon I_vote_lcap31%Child of the Moon I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

OUaT Tweet Time

Child of the Moon

eclectic1
    eclectic1

Child of the Moon Empty Child of the Moon

Post by eclectic1

Official ABC Recap & Pre Air info:

It’s a new day in Storybrooke, and things seem to finally be settling into a rhythm. The Dwarfs are busy in the mines when suddenly Grumpy crashes through a wall and discovers the best news anyone’s had in a long time—diamonds. And not just any diamonds, the kind that are refined into Fairy Dust. David is elated that they may finally have the magical power needed to get Jefferson’s portal hat working again and rescue Emma and Mary Margaret. But the celebration takes a sour turn when Spencer, the Storybrooke identity of King George, appears. He’s still holding a grudge against David/Charming for defying him in Fairy Tale Land, and he means to do something about it. He swears that soon the town will see David isn’t fit to lead anyone.

Meanwhile, Ruby and Granny are preparing for the first night of Wolfstime since The Curse was broken. Ruby’s magical cloak is missing and it’s been 28 years since she last changed, and she’s not sure that she can control her wolf form anymore. To be safe, they seal her up in the freezer at Granny’s. But the next morning, she’s gone—the wolf broke free. David and Granny find her asleep in the woods outside of town. When Ruby awakens, she has no memory of her night as the wolf, and that’s a bad sign. Worse, when the three of them search for a missing citizen, they find his mutilated body torn apart. Ruby is sure that she, as the wolf, was the killer, but David refuses to doubt his friend the way he once doubted Mary Margaret. When Spencer forms an angry mob, they lock Ruby away at the Sheriff’s Station as much for her safety as for everyone else’s.

In a flashback to Fairy Tale Land, Red Riding Hood and Snow White have struck off on their own not long after Red discovered that Granny had been lying to her and she was actually a werewolf. A young man comes across Red in the forest and grabs her, taking her back to a secret lair hidden in the forest. There, he introduces himself as Quinn and reveals he too is a werewolf. Then he introduces her to Anita, her mother! Granny had told Red that her parents were dead, but Anita is very much alive and the pack leader for a whole gang of werewolves. Anita teaches Red to accept the wolf and thus control it. The lessons take some time, but soon Red can remember everything from her time as the wolf and can control her actions.

Snow White tracks Red to the werewolf lair. Anita and Quinn are suspicious of her at first, but when Red explains that she’s found a new home, Snow White understands and prepares to leave. Before she can, several of the Queen’s soldiers burst in, hunting for Snow White. They manage to kill Quinn before the werewolves and Snow White can stop them. Anita blames Quinn’s death on Snow and has her bound so the wolves can eat her that night. Red won’t stand by and watch her friend be devoured, so mother and daughter fight as wolves. The battle ends with Anita accidentally being impaled. Red killed her own mother protecting Snow White! The other werewolves disperse as Red and Snow bury Anita. The two women leave together, still friends.

In Storybrooke, Spencer’s mob is hunting for Ruby. They burst into the Sheriff’s Station, but Ruby’s already gone. Belle is all set to hide her in the library, but Ruby chains Belle up instead, saying she deserves to pay for her crimes. When the moon rises, the wolf takes over and the mob hunts her. Meanwhile, David and Granny track down a suspicious car and discover blood in the trunk along with a hatchet and Ruby’s cloak. The car is Spencer’s. This whole thing has been his revenge plot against David! David and Granny manage to reach the wolf just before Spencer can shoot it. David goes in, braving the frightened wolf’s wrath, and helps Ruby regain control of herself as the wolf. He then lays her cloak over her, changing her back to human form. When a scream goes up from the crowd, they find Spencer gone. David and Ruby chase him to a nearby beach where they find him standing beside a fire. Before David can stop him, Spencer throws the remains of Jefferson’s hat into the flames, destroying his last chance to save his wife and daughter.
    But perhaps there is another way. Mr. Gold has given Henry a magical necklace that will help him control his nightmares—well, technically he is being transported to a dimension between worlds. Using this control, he calms the flames in his dream and sees the woman on the other side. It’s Aurora! In present-day Fairy Tale Land, Aurora awakens from a restless sleep to tell Emma and Mary Margaret that she just met a boy in her dream. A boy named Henry!

Pre-Air Info:

***pictures thx to SpoilerTV

***is Red centric. Watch for Granny to "kick ass" and for Red to be in a complicated position.

***others we will meet:

Anita, 45-50, a sexy sorceress who has lived apart from her family due to their fear of her magic. She is extremely protective of others such as herself. She’s also described as a charismatic, beautiful and mysterious leader of a pack of humans who — like Red — turn out to be wolves. Annabeth Gish is cast to play her.

Quinn, 25-30, who was disowned by his parents when they discovered he was a warlock. He discovered a group of people who share his belief that magical abilities are good rather than bad. He’s taken in by a woman named Anita, whose family doesn’t speak to her for the same reason. Eventually, they will find a group of people who believe their powers are good, not bad.
    It's been theorized that "Quinn" is a codename...and is actually Merlin, the legendary wizard from the Arthurian tale. Ben Hollingsworth is cast to play him.

*thx to ABC Publicity...episode Press Release:

RUBY’S FEAR ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SHE TURNS INTO A WOLF IN STORYBROOKE IS CONFIRMED, AND RED RIDING HOOD FINDS A KINDRED SPIRIT IN ANITA, A LEADER OF HUMANS WHO TURN INTO WOLVES, ON ABC’S “ONCE UPON A TIME”

Annabeth Gish Guest Stars as Anita

“Child of the Moon” – Ruby’s fear about turning into a wolf during the first curse-free Storybrooke full moon is confirmed when one of the town’s residents is viciously murdered, and Ruby is the prime suspect; Decker – aka King George –threatens to expose David as a shepherd, not a prince, and not fit to run the town as sheriff; and Leroy stumbles upon some treasure in the Storybrooke mine that could help bring Mary Margaret and Emma back into our world. Meanwhile, in the fairytale land that was, Red Riding Hood finds a kindred spirit in Anita (Annabeth Gish), a charismatic and mysterious leader of a pack of humans who, like Red, turn out to be wolves, on “Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 11 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Meghan Ory as Red Riding Hood/Ruby, and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Lee Arenberg as Leroy/Grumpy, Keegan Connor Tracy as Mother Superior/Blue Fairy, Beverley Elliott as Granny, Alan Dale as Spencer/King George, Sarah Bolger as Aurora, David-Paul Grove as Doc, Faustino Di Bauda as Sleepy, Jeffrey Kaiser as Dopey, Michael Coleman as Happy, Mig Macario as Bashful, Jarod Joseph as Billy, Annabeth Gish as Anita, Ben Hollingsworth as Quinn, Jason Cermak as black knight no. 1 and Chad Riley as black knight no. 2.

”Child of the Moon” was written by Ian Goldberg & Andrew Chambliss and directed by Anthony Hemingway.

***Promo #1

***Sneak Peek #1

***Sneak Peek #2 extended

***Sneak Peek #3

***Sneak Peek #4

The official ABC secrets page for this episode can be found here:
    Child of the Moon Secrets Page

First off, music fans may recognize the title of this episode, "Child of the Moon". It's named after a Rolling Stones song that was the B-side on the Jumpin' Jack Flash single in 1968.

Next up, keen-eyed fans might notice a very specific blue star shape on the side of Billy's truck when they find his body. The blue star is a reference to The Blue Fairy and how she appears in the Disney version of Pinocchio.Child of the Moon Bluest10

Finally, throughout the episode, Ruby is wearing a pair of arrowhead earrings. These are a subtle reference to Quinn, the handsome, young werewolf who found her in Fairy Tale Land and was later killed with an arrow by one of The Evil Queen's soldiers.Child of the Moon Arrowe10

Last edited by LZenOUT on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:16 pm; edited 13 times in total (Reason for editing : added ABC secrets)
    Share this post on: reddit

Shekinel

Post Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:46 pm by Shekinel

I loved the mouse!!! I immediately thought of Cinderella's mouses(Disney version)!!! Loved it!!
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:53 am by obsessedwithOUAT

By the way, I think it is important to note another Phoenix-ish reference. The world in the dream is fiery. Phoenix rising after burning, Henry is from Phoenix, the wraith medallion has a phoenix-ish looking bird...

I'm not saying Henry is a phoenix per se or really drawing a specific conclusion. I'm just pointing it out so we can continue to watch it develop.
    Ranna156

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:34 am by Ranna156

the recap didn't even mention Billy's name or that he was Cinderella's mouse Gus! GRRRRR
    Ranna156

Post Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:41 am by Ranna156

Thought that was cute too!
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:54 pm by obsessedwithOUAT

LZenOUT wrote:I loved how Happy took credit for Granny's happy hour. I thought that was really cute.

I forgot about that! Total tip of the cap to his Twitter feed!
    LZenOUT

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:01 pm by LZenOUT

I loved how Happy took credit for Granny's happy hour. I thought that was really cute.
    Ranna156

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:11 am by Ranna156

another thought on the zombie origins things...this kind of thing and tale i am sure dates back A LOOOOOONNNNGGGG time ago. It was one of the reasons entire cultures would burn the dead...so they 'couldn't come back'. This kind of 'theme' is also in the SOIF series as well as countless other stories...
    Ranna156

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:09 am by Ranna156

I agree no clues whatsoever!

And i hope they don't 'excuse' king george murdering him by saying he was just a mouse!
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:53 am by obsessedwithOUAT

Yes - "I'll name him Octavius! But for short, we'll call you Gus!"

They gave no clues as far as I can tell. Except MAYBE we first saw him in "The Price of Gold"? That was the Cinderella ep. Other than that I saw nothing.

I don't know that it was super significant.
    cuddlyasatiger

Post Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:09 am by cuddlyasatiger

He was Gus Gus!!! (Cinderella - Fat mouse that ran around all the time trying to help everyone out - was not all that bright if I remember correctly) Which I don't think they gave any clues for.
    Ranna156

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:48 pm by Ranna156

haha maybe not an actual goat...but if his character is a reference to that goat & wolf story...I am counting it as calling it right! Wink haha

Got to wonder though if Red and Billygoat have a 'history' of any sort in the EF??? hmm...don't think necessarily romantic any longer since I don't think she has gotten over Peter yet...but maybe they were friends or 'relatives' or something.
    LZenOUT

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:08 pm by LZenOUT

He was a Billy Goat? ahahhahaha! lol! roflmao3
    Ranna156

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:09 pm by Ranna156

ok here is my final thought on who Billy is...will be PISSED if he turns out to be boy who cried wolf or blue boy! haha he is probably comboed! the boy who cried wolf AND a billy goat from this:

ok here is a story involving goats and a wolf...billy goat?

Going with he was one of these goats...maybe he is a shapeshifter as well! haha

http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/grimm005.html
    eclectic1

Post Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:41 am by eclectic1

cuddlyasatiger wrote:After further contemplation I throwing it all in for Little Boy Blue (and because I did he will turn out to be the boy who cried wolf) Laughing

lol!

I hope you're right!!!

I'm curious to see what transpires with this portal connection... Cool
    cuddlyasatiger

Post Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:29 pm by cuddlyasatiger

After further contemplation I throwing it all in for Little Boy Blue (and because I did he will turn out to be the boy who cried wolf) Laughing
    Ranna156

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:10 pm by Ranna156

Well according to Sneak Peek 4 you can definitely control the wolf!
    cuddlyasatiger

Post Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:06 am by cuddlyasatiger

Ranna156 wrote:
    haha i was thinking boy blue as well since we see him in blue...but can't remember how that goes! And he is a mechanic so that was his uniform...but still! Wink

Little Boy Blue come blow your horn,
    The sheep's in the meadow; the cow's in the corn.
    But where's the boy who looks after the sheep?
    He's under a haystack fast asleep.
    Will you wake him? No, not I - for if I do, he's sure to cry
    Ranna156

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:42 pm by Ranna156

cuddlyasatiger wrote:lol! I was totally joking about the boy who cried wolf but I see now how that wasn't clear. However, the more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards it or maybe little boy blue. Sleep

I just meant I think his FTL counterpart, whatever it is, has something to do with why he was the one murdered.

haha i was thinking boy blue as well since we see him in blue...but can't remember how that goes! And he is a mechanic so that was his uniform...but still! Wink
    Ranna156

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:40 pm by Ranna156

I agree that King George sets it up...wouldn't be surprised if he drugged her as well...and that is why she doesn't remember anything and went crazy either trying to get out of a cage...OR maybe she doesn't actually turn but he sets the stage...either way she doesn't remember the previous night but last season it REALLY seemed like she could control the wolf & would remember stuff...'uh Red...you have someone on your chin'

hahahah...but still even if it is a favorite grumpy line it still says to me she was able to leave her camp of friends by herself...change into the wolf...and still be cognizant enough to change back into her human form and return to her friends all on the same night...

Wonder if Dale got his drugs from Jefferson...or Jeff's dealer!
    cuddlyasatiger

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:38 pm by cuddlyasatiger

lol! I was totally joking about the boy who cried wolf but I see now how that wasn't clear. However, the more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards it or maybe little boy blue. Sleep

I just meant I think his FTL counterpart, whatever it is, has something to do with why he was the one murdered.
    eclectic1

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:21 pm by eclectic1

obsessedwithOUAT wrote:
    eclectic1 wrote:I agree...Jarod said we'd learn his FTL counterpart...connection???

obsessed, you never cease to amaze me on your in-depth knowledge of this show!!! Wink

Sean works at the cannery????...I need to refresh my "Once" knowledge!!! lol!

WOW! High praise! Very Happy Thank you! If you watch Skin Deep, it's the ep where the girls go out for Valentine's. Ashley mentions Sean had been working double shifts at the cannery.

Boy who Cried Wolf is not a bad guess, but we'll see. Maybe he'll be another one of those wolf people and somehow that will be a twist to the ep? Like HE killed whoever it is that Ruby finds and then someone killed him? I dunno. Part of me wonders if it is King George who is behind it - whoever it is I don't think it's Ruby and if it is then someone facilitated it because now that she knows better she would totally keep her hood on at Wolftime.

So I wonder if we get to see how PC defeated King George- that's a big piece of the puzzle we haven't seen and they mentioned it!

No prob on the praise...not sure about the "high" part, though... Wink thx!

Good point...like he's trying to frame Red to get back at PC...King George is grasping at straws to try to bring him down somehow. He knows how much PC values his friends...

obsessedwithOUAT

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:08 pm by obsessedwithOUAT

eclectic1 wrote:I agree...Jarod said we'd learn his FTL counterpart...connection???

obsessed, you never cease to amaze me on your in-depth knowledge of this show!!! Wink

WOW! High praise! Very Happy Thank you! If you watch Skin Deep, it's the ep where the girls go out for Valentine's. Ashley mentions Sean had been working double shifts at the cannery.

Boy who Cried Wolf is not a bad guess, but we'll see. Maybe he'll be another one of those wolf people and somehow that will be a twist to the ep? Like HE killed whoever it is that Ruby finds and then someone killed him? I dunno. Part of me wonders if it is King George who is behind it - whoever it is I don't think it's Ruby and if it is then someone facilitated it because now that she knows better she would totally keep her hood on at Wolftime.

So I wonder if we get to see how PC defeated King George- that's a big piece of the puzzle we haven't seen and they mentioned it!
    Ranna156

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:07 pm by Ranna156

I can't speak for anyone else about Red not actually the one who committed it...but like I said below I don't think she did.

Also wondering if we will finally learn David's real name! Hoping so!

Cuddly - wouldn't be surprised if you are right about him suppose to be 'the boy who cried wolf'...we really haven't seen him enough to even get an idea of his character other than he appears to like (and respect) Ruby and he also has always been very helpful. Works on cars...so he is handy...hmm
    eclectic1

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:01 pm by eclectic1

I agree...Jarod said we'd learn his FTL counterpart...connection???

cuddlyasatiger

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:46 pm by cuddlyasatiger

They said we also find out Billy's FTL counterpart... the boy who cried wolf? .... okay, bad joke. But seriously, I think his FTL persona has something to do with it.

Post  by Sponsored content