Chat Once Upon a Time!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chat Once Upon a Time!

Welcome to Chat Once Upon a Time!, a chat site dedicated to the ABC hit show Once Upon a Time. This site aims to provide fellow Oncer fans a place to openly discuss & share anything & everything OUAT!

TIP: The chatbox is ONLY viewable to members. Try registering as a member if you would like to join our live chats every Sunday starting at 8:00 pm EST!!! magicprice

May 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatOUaT Tweets

Quickies!

Child of the Moon - Page 2 Suggestionbox01 Child of the Moon - Page 2 Howtos

Child of the Moon - Page 2 VisitSB

Child of the Moon - Page 2 EclecticsSpoilers Child of the Moon - Page 2 EsSpoilChat

Child of the Moon - Page 2 Sitemap02

Child of the Moon - Page 2 Abcsite001

Get Ready to RUMPLE!!!

Poll

who do you think Lilly's Father is?
Child of the Moon - Page 2 I_vote_lcap31%Child of the Moon - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
Child of the Moon - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%Child of the Moon - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Child of the Moon - Page 2 I_vote_lcap15%Child of the Moon - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
Child of the Moon - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%Child of the Moon - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Child of the Moon - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%Child of the Moon - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Child of the Moon - Page 2 I_vote_lcap31%Child of the Moon - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

OUaT Tweet Time

Child of the Moon

eclectic1
    eclectic1

Child of the Moon - Page 2 Empty Child of the Moon

Post by eclectic1

Official ABC Recap & Pre Air info:

It’s a new day in Storybrooke, and things seem to finally be settling into a rhythm. The Dwarfs are busy in the mines when suddenly Grumpy crashes through a wall and discovers the best news anyone’s had in a long time—diamonds. And not just any diamonds, the kind that are refined into Fairy Dust. David is elated that they may finally have the magical power needed to get Jefferson’s portal hat working again and rescue Emma and Mary Margaret. But the celebration takes a sour turn when Spencer, the Storybrooke identity of King George, appears. He’s still holding a grudge against David/Charming for defying him in Fairy Tale Land, and he means to do something about it. He swears that soon the town will see David isn’t fit to lead anyone.

Meanwhile, Ruby and Granny are preparing for the first night of Wolfstime since The Curse was broken. Ruby’s magical cloak is missing and it’s been 28 years since she last changed, and she’s not sure that she can control her wolf form anymore. To be safe, they seal her up in the freezer at Granny’s. But the next morning, she’s gone—the wolf broke free. David and Granny find her asleep in the woods outside of town. When Ruby awakens, she has no memory of her night as the wolf, and that’s a bad sign. Worse, when the three of them search for a missing citizen, they find his mutilated body torn apart. Ruby is sure that she, as the wolf, was the killer, but David refuses to doubt his friend the way he once doubted Mary Margaret. When Spencer forms an angry mob, they lock Ruby away at the Sheriff’s Station as much for her safety as for everyone else’s.

In a flashback to Fairy Tale Land, Red Riding Hood and Snow White have struck off on their own not long after Red discovered that Granny had been lying to her and she was actually a werewolf. A young man comes across Red in the forest and grabs her, taking her back to a secret lair hidden in the forest. There, he introduces himself as Quinn and reveals he too is a werewolf. Then he introduces her to Anita, her mother! Granny had told Red that her parents were dead, but Anita is very much alive and the pack leader for a whole gang of werewolves. Anita teaches Red to accept the wolf and thus control it. The lessons take some time, but soon Red can remember everything from her time as the wolf and can control her actions.

Snow White tracks Red to the werewolf lair. Anita and Quinn are suspicious of her at first, but when Red explains that she’s found a new home, Snow White understands and prepares to leave. Before she can, several of the Queen’s soldiers burst in, hunting for Snow White. They manage to kill Quinn before the werewolves and Snow White can stop them. Anita blames Quinn’s death on Snow and has her bound so the wolves can eat her that night. Red won’t stand by and watch her friend be devoured, so mother and daughter fight as wolves. The battle ends with Anita accidentally being impaled. Red killed her own mother protecting Snow White! The other werewolves disperse as Red and Snow bury Anita. The two women leave together, still friends.

In Storybrooke, Spencer’s mob is hunting for Ruby. They burst into the Sheriff’s Station, but Ruby’s already gone. Belle is all set to hide her in the library, but Ruby chains Belle up instead, saying she deserves to pay for her crimes. When the moon rises, the wolf takes over and the mob hunts her. Meanwhile, David and Granny track down a suspicious car and discover blood in the trunk along with a hatchet and Ruby’s cloak. The car is Spencer’s. This whole thing has been his revenge plot against David! David and Granny manage to reach the wolf just before Spencer can shoot it. David goes in, braving the frightened wolf’s wrath, and helps Ruby regain control of herself as the wolf. He then lays her cloak over her, changing her back to human form. When a scream goes up from the crowd, they find Spencer gone. David and Ruby chase him to a nearby beach where they find him standing beside a fire. Before David can stop him, Spencer throws the remains of Jefferson’s hat into the flames, destroying his last chance to save his wife and daughter.
    But perhaps there is another way. Mr. Gold has given Henry a magical necklace that will help him control his nightmares—well, technically he is being transported to a dimension between worlds. Using this control, he calms the flames in his dream and sees the woman on the other side. It’s Aurora! In present-day Fairy Tale Land, Aurora awakens from a restless sleep to tell Emma and Mary Margaret that she just met a boy in her dream. A boy named Henry!

Pre-Air Info:

***pictures thx to SpoilerTV

***is Red centric. Watch for Granny to "kick ass" and for Red to be in a complicated position.

***others we will meet:

Anita, 45-50, a sexy sorceress who has lived apart from her family due to their fear of her magic. She is extremely protective of others such as herself. She’s also described as a charismatic, beautiful and mysterious leader of a pack of humans who — like Red — turn out to be wolves. Annabeth Gish is cast to play her.

Quinn, 25-30, who was disowned by his parents when they discovered he was a warlock. He discovered a group of people who share his belief that magical abilities are good rather than bad. He’s taken in by a woman named Anita, whose family doesn’t speak to her for the same reason. Eventually, they will find a group of people who believe their powers are good, not bad.
    It's been theorized that "Quinn" is a codename...and is actually Merlin, the legendary wizard from the Arthurian tale. Ben Hollingsworth is cast to play him.

*thx to ABC Publicity...episode Press Release:

RUBY’S FEAR ABOUT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN SHE TURNS INTO A WOLF IN STORYBROOKE IS CONFIRMED, AND RED RIDING HOOD FINDS A KINDRED SPIRIT IN ANITA, A LEADER OF HUMANS WHO TURN INTO WOLVES, ON ABC’S “ONCE UPON A TIME”

Annabeth Gish Guest Stars as Anita

“Child of the Moon” – Ruby’s fear about turning into a wolf during the first curse-free Storybrooke full moon is confirmed when one of the town’s residents is viciously murdered, and Ruby is the prime suspect; Decker – aka King George –threatens to expose David as a shepherd, not a prince, and not fit to run the town as sheriff; and Leroy stumbles upon some treasure in the Storybrooke mine that could help bring Mary Margaret and Emma back into our world. Meanwhile, in the fairytale land that was, Red Riding Hood finds a kindred spirit in Anita (Annabeth Gish), a charismatic and mysterious leader of a pack of humans who, like Red, turn out to be wolves, on “Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 11 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Meghan Ory as Red Riding Hood/Ruby, and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Guest starring are Lee Arenberg as Leroy/Grumpy, Keegan Connor Tracy as Mother Superior/Blue Fairy, Beverley Elliott as Granny, Alan Dale as Spencer/King George, Sarah Bolger as Aurora, David-Paul Grove as Doc, Faustino Di Bauda as Sleepy, Jeffrey Kaiser as Dopey, Michael Coleman as Happy, Mig Macario as Bashful, Jarod Joseph as Billy, Annabeth Gish as Anita, Ben Hollingsworth as Quinn, Jason Cermak as black knight no. 1 and Chad Riley as black knight no. 2.

”Child of the Moon” was written by Ian Goldberg & Andrew Chambliss and directed by Anthony Hemingway.

***Promo #1

***Sneak Peek #1

***Sneak Peek #2 extended

***Sneak Peek #3

***Sneak Peek #4

The official ABC secrets page for this episode can be found here:
    Child of the Moon Secrets Page

First off, music fans may recognize the title of this episode, "Child of the Moon". It's named after a Rolling Stones song that was the B-side on the Jumpin' Jack Flash single in 1968.

Next up, keen-eyed fans might notice a very specific blue star shape on the side of Billy's truck when they find his body. The blue star is a reference to The Blue Fairy and how she appears in the Disney version of Pinocchio.Child of the Moon - Page 2 Bluest10

Finally, throughout the episode, Ruby is wearing a pair of arrowhead earrings. These are a subtle reference to Quinn, the handsome, young werewolf who found her in Fairy Tale Land and was later killed with an arrow by one of The Evil Queen's soldiers.Child of the Moon - Page 2 Arrowe10

Last edited by LZenOUT on Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:16 pm; edited 13 times in total (Reason for editing : added ABC secrets)
    Share this post on: reddit

obsessedwithOUAT

Post Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:25 pm by obsessedwithOUAT

Ok so Billy definitely gets it, but here's the thing:
    In the sneak peek it's either he's been torn in two and the two pieces are well apart from each other OR there's two bodies. They find Billy by the cannery - Sean works at the cannery. Think we'll see Sean at all?

Are we all in agreement that someone other than Ruby is responsible for this?
    Ranna156

Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:17 pm by Ranna156

thats too bad...i liked billy!
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:49 pm by obsessedwithOUAT

Ranna156 wrote:Was that Billy who got killed?

Looks that way.
    Ranna156

Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:52 am by Ranna156

Was that Billy who got killed?
    Ranna156

Post Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:08 pm by Ranna156

eclectic1 wrote:Hmmm...so, Anita is Red's mother!!!

Interesting... Cool Wink

Got to rewatch the Red episode/S1...but, I think Granny is a relation on Red's dad's side.

So, I would think with all that's happened...Granny is not going to be too happy to see Anita again! Cool

I always thought it was her mother's side...I think Granny is her maternal grandmother

and Granny said her mother was killed...so that aught to be interesting for sure. It was why Granny didn't tell Red waht she was...it didn't go so well with her mother
    eclectic1

Post Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:34 pm by eclectic1

Hmmm...so, Anita is Red's mother!!!

Interesting... Cool Wink

Got to rewatch the Red episode/S1...but, I think Granny is a relation on Red's dad's side.

So, I would think with all that's happened...Granny is not going to be too happy to see Anita again! Cool
    Ranna156

Post Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:39 pm by Ranna156

I think we will find out a lot more about werewolves too! Hopefully we find out about the male ones!

Werewolves

I am also thinking/hoping Red is being either set up or falsely accused...she DID learn to control her wolf...soooo
    eclectic1

Post Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:13 pm by eclectic1

Noortjj wrote:I have a feeling we won't see much Emma, Snow, Mulan and Aurora in this episode.. Its seems there is so much going on in Storybrooke and pre-curse FTL..
    I think you're right, Noortjj...

We have 2 new characters in this show-Quinn(who could be Merlin)and Anita.

These 2 character's casting calls were publicized pretty well so think it could be another episode like "The Crocodile" was.

'This story exclusive'...

It will be nice, though, to get more Red/Granny backstory! Smile
    Noortjj

Post Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:01 am by Noortjj

I have a feeling we won't see much Emma, Snow, Mulan and Aurora in this episode.. Its seems there is so much going on in Storybrooke and pre-curse FTL..
    Ranna156

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:36 pm by Ranna156

i wonder if the treasure Leroy finds has anything to do with SW's coffin...
    Ranna156

Post Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:34 pm by Ranna156

I actually think there is going to be another 'werewolf' in town who committed the 'murder'...or someone is trying to set up Red...

It really seemed that back in FTL she was able to 'control' her wolf so i would think that even if she did turn into a wolf in SB she would still be able to control it...or she would have worn her red cloak 'just in case'...then again maybe she didn't have her cloak on hand...but that little shop just down the street tends to have important items belonging to people!
    Ranna156

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:05 pm by Ranna156

he was actually in quite a few episodes last season...and I think at least twice Ruby was 'ogling' him! Wink

Uh I hope he isn't the one who gets suspiciously murdered!
    eclectic1

Post Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:03 pm by eclectic1

I'm actually intrigued that Billy is in this episode and wonder how he fits in here...

all of a sudden-he's reintroduced!!! Cool

hmmmm....
    Ranna156

Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:36 pm by Ranna156

LZenOUT wrote:Uh Red. You've got someone on your chin...again!

haha another favorite quote...most of my fav's ARE Grumpy quotes!
    LZenOUT

Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:27 pm by LZenOUT

Uh Red. You've got someone on your chin...again!
    Ranna156

Post Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:42 pm by Ranna156

I guess we will find out for sure if Ruby turns into a wolf or not!

Although you would think that after what happened before that she would prepare herself in this world...just in case!...then again maybe she doesn't have her cloak or it doesn't work or something...Wink

hmmm i wonder what the artifact is...the only thing i remember seeing down there was snow's coffin that we also saw below the library...haha that is IT! the coffin is a portal as it obviously moves from place to place!...wasn't it made from diamonds also in the original story?...maybe it is in htis one too...hard fairy dust!
    Ranna156

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:49 pm by Ranna156

totally agree!!! hell i think they ALL will be...
    eclectic1

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:48 pm by eclectic1

Ranna156 wrote:wonder what that complicated position is...maybe she took a bite out of someone!

lol! I want to see Granny "kick ass"!!!
    I think this will be a VERY intriguing episode...
    Ranna156

Post Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:46 pm by Ranna156

wonder what that complicated position is...maybe she took a bite out of someone!

Post  by Sponsored content