Chat Once Upon a Time!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chat Once Upon a Time!

Welcome to Chat Once Upon a Time!, a chat site dedicated to the ABC hit show Once Upon a Time. This site aims to provide fellow Oncer fans a place to openly discuss & share anything & everything OUAT!

TIP: The chatbox is ONLY viewable to members. Try registering as a member if you would like to join our live chats every Sunday starting at 8:00 pm EST!!! magicprice

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatOUaT Tweets

Quickies!

Welome To Storybrooke Suggestionbox01 Welome To Storybrooke Howtos

Welome To Storybrooke VisitSB

Welome To Storybrooke EclecticsSpoilers Welome To Storybrooke EsSpoilChat

Welome To Storybrooke Sitemap02

Welome To Storybrooke Abcsite001

Get Ready to RUMPLE!!!

Poll

who do you think Lilly's Father is?
Welome To Storybrooke I_vote_lcap31%Welome To Storybrooke I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
Welome To Storybrooke I_vote_lcap8%Welome To Storybrooke I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Welome To Storybrooke I_vote_lcap15%Welome To Storybrooke I_vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
Welome To Storybrooke I_vote_lcap0%Welome To Storybrooke I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Welome To Storybrooke I_vote_lcap31%Welome To Storybrooke I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

OUaT Tweet Time

Welome To Storybrooke

eclectic1
    eclectic1

Welome To Storybrooke Empty Welome To Storybrooke

Post by eclectic1

Official ABC Recap & Pre Air info:

Once upon a time—well, okay, in 1983 to be precise—Curt Flynn and his son Owen were out on an overnight camping trip in the woods of Maine. Just as Curt was handing over a leather braid to Owen, a sudden storm struck. The next morning they found their truck smashed by a fallen tree and wandered toward the road to look for help. But instead of the road, they found Storybrooke, a town that seemingly appeared out of nowhere.

Also that morning, Regina awoke for the first time in her bed in the Mayoral mansion to suddenly realize that she had done it. The Dark Curse had worked and she had won. Everyone was there from Fairy Tale Land, all of her old enemies, but they were trapped in new identities, robbed of their happy endings. None of them recognized her or realized what she had done. Regina could hardly contain her delight as she strolled down the street to see them all going about their pathetic little lives, with her in control.

She made her next stop Storybrooke Elementary and visited none other than Mary Margaret, the Storybrooke version of her hated enemy, Snow White. She took Mary Margaret to the hospital to look in on a John Doe lying comatose there. It was David, the Storybrooke identity of Prince Charming, still unconscious. As she sat down at Granny’s for some apple pancakes, she even saw Sheriff Graham—the Storybrooke version of her unwilling servant, The Huntsman—there to cater to her every whim. Everything was as it should be until she stumbled upon young Owen Flynn and his father, Curt, eating breakfast at Granny’s. She wanted these outsiders gone before they could threaten this new world that she had built.

Flash forward to present-day Storybrooke where Regina weeps over her mother’s coffin. She is once again bent on vengeance and is not at all pleased to see Mr. Gold arrive to pay his respects. Despite his own penchant for revenge, Mr. Gold advises Regina that she should let go of her need to get even—that she can’t have Henry AND her revenge. She can’t have everything. But Regina refuses to hear it.

Meanwhile, Mary Margaret is heartbroken over the part she played in killing Cora. Henry detects that something’s up and Emma can’t lie to him again. She tells him what Mary Margaret did, but he can’t believe it. A knock at the door interrupts breakfast. David opens the door to find Mr. Gold, there to warn them about Regina. David insists that Gold owes Mary Margaret his life and he’s going to do whatever it takes to pay her back.

In Storybrooke’s past, Regina speaks to Curt to ask why he’s in town. She tells him she can get his car fixed quickly and Owen is touched by her seeming desire to help. He gives her his red and green braid that he had been making the night before and she’s seemingly touched by the gesture.

The next morning comes and Regina awakens—this time with Graham in bed beside her—and repeats her morning routine. In fact, EVERYONE in Storybrooke repeats their morning routine. A few words change here or there, but it’s all the same. And it repeats. Day-in and day-out the same thing. No one knows what she’s done. No one wants to fight back. No one else realizes that she’s won. When Regina walks into Mary Margaret and the timid teacher apologizes, Regina begins to realize this revenge isn’t all she thought it’d be. She goes to see Mr. Gold about their deal, but he convinces her he has no idea what she’s talking about. Regina realizes there’s something missing from her new life in Storybrooke, something the Curse couldn’t give her. She calls Curt and asks him and Owen over for dinner.

Back to the present, Regina tears through Cora’s things, searching for something. She suddenly finds a small scroll. Whatever she’s found, it can’t be good.

Not long after Regina has left her secret vault, Mr. Gold and David arrive to see what she was after. Gold takes a look at her alchemical kit and pieces together what was missing—the ingredients to The Curse of the Empty-Hearted. The curse is enough to convince someone that they’re in love with someone else. Clearly Regina plans to use it on Henry to get her son back, but the last ingredient she needs to make the curse work is the heart of the person she hates the most—Mary Margaret. It seems Regina HAS found a way to have everything. Gold suggests that the only way to stop Regina this time may be to kill her and Emma and David can’t necessarily disagree. But Henry is having none of it and storms off, refusing to believe that his heroes could really consider killing his mom.

Back to 1983 where Regina is having a nice dinner with Curt and Owen. She finds out after dinner that Curt’s wife, Owen’s mom, died about 6 months before, which is something Regina can understand, thinking her own mother had been killed by Captain Hook. She bakes some of her famous apple turnovers—not poisoned this time—with Owen and talks to him. She realizes he’s unhappy back home and likes being in Storybrooke much better. Regina feels so emboldened by talking to Owen that she suggests to Curt that he and Owen move to Storybrooke from New Jersey. But Curt’s not ready for such a dramatic life change right now. Owen and Regina both seem disappointed.

In the present, Emma takes Henry to Granny’s to spend some time with his dad, Neal (Baelfire), who tries to get Henry to go with him to New York for a while to keep him away from magic and Regina. Henry instead suggests that they find a way to get rid of magic in Storybrooke, believing that will solve everything. Neal agrees that may be a good idea, but until that happens, Henry will be safer with him. Henry agrees and heads off to the bathroom…with his backpack. Henry is making a run for it.

At Mary Margaret’s apartment, Regina storms up the steps and magically unbolts the door. She confidently strides in, finding Mary Margaret still curled up in bed. Regina smiles, ready to take her heart when Mr. Gold steps out and stops her. Regina warns Mary Margaret that Gold can’t be her guard dog forever.

In 1983, Regina tries to stop Curt and Owen from leaving town the next morning, but when she figures out that Curt’s already gotten his truck from the mechanic, she uses Graham’s heart to force him to arrest Curt for drunk driving. But Curt, who’s come to say goodbye, overhears the whole thing. He barely escapes from Graham and runs to his truck. Owen asks what’s wrong and he says they have to get out of town right now before peeling away.

In present day, Henry is running through the woods and bumps right into outsider Greg Mendel, who’s out on a nature hike. Greg asks what he’s doing and Henry says he’s trying to get his merit badge. Greg surreptitiously snaps a picture of Henry’s name and address off of his backpack, but then lets him go on his way.

In the caves beneath Storybrooke, Neal, Emma and David find traces of Henry having been there. They discover that some of the dwarf’s dynamite has been taken and Neal begins to realize what’s happening. Henry wants to destroy magic and he has a plan for doing just that, but would it even work? Using the contact info he snapped a picture of, Greg calls Regina, obviously having pieced together that something wasn’t right. Regina thanks him and heads after Henry.

Back in 1983, Curt is leading Graham and Regina on a high-speed chase through the streets of Storybrooke. For a moment it looks like Curt’s shaken them when suddenly the patrol car pulls in front of them at the town line. Desperate, Curt tells Owen to run as far and as fast as he can, to get to his uncle and call for help. Owen sees Graham forcefully arresting his father and asks Regina what’s going on. She tells him she wanted them to be together, but Owen says he doesn’t want to stay with her like that. Regina’s heartbroken as Owen runs away, alone.

And back to the present where Henry has taken the dynamite to the magical well on the outskirts of town. Regina arrives and stops Henry from using the dynamite. She tries to convince him that they would be happy together once she can cast her curse on him. But he says he won’t be happy like that. Suddenly Emma, Neal and David arrive and Henry finds himself caught inbetween them, begging for someone, anyone, to help him get rid of magic. He tells them it’s destroying their family. Surprisingly, it’s Regina who chooses to put Henry first. She magically burns the scroll with the curse on it, giving up on her revenge. Henry thanks her, but still leaves with Emma, Neal and David.

In 1983, young Owen has brought some police officers back to the Storybrooke town line, but there’s nothing there. It’s like the whole town magically disappeared. As Owen vows he’ll never stop looking for his father, Regina stares back at him through an invisible barrier, hidden from the rest of the world as long as The Dark Curse remains intact.

In the present, Mr. Gold gets the call that Regina has given up on her curse and takes his leave. Mary Margaret asks him how he lives with all of the terrible things he’s done, but his advice gives her little comfort. She instead goes to Regina’s house and begs her old enemy to just kill her. She can’t live what she’s done. Regina tries to fight the temptation at first, but she plunges her hand deep into Mary Margaret’s chest and takes her heart. But when she takes it out, she sees black swirls within it. She shows it to Mary Margaret as proof that she has darkened her own heart. Regina knows that a darkened heart only gets darker and that Mary Margaret will be her own undoing. She puts Mary Margaret’s heart back, safe and sound, where it will continue to blacken. She truly will have her revenge.

And unknown to both women, Greg Mendel is recording the whole exchange on his cell phone. After it’s over, he returns to his car and starts it. Dangling from the keys is a familiar leather braid and we realize Greg IS Owen. Once again he vows to find his father. It seems Regina may not be the only one in Storybrooke looking for some payback.

Pre-Air Info:

PRESS RELEASE:

REGINA, OUT FOR REVENGE, VOWS TO KILL MARY MARGARET, AND DURING THE EARLY DAYS OF THE CURSE, A FATHER AND SON FIND THEIR WAY INTO A SUPPOSEDLY UNDETECTABLE STORYBROOKE, ON ABC’S “ONCE UPON A TIME”

Jamie Dornan Guest Stars as Sheriff Graham

“Welcome to Storybrooke” - Emma, David and Mr. Gold must protect Mary Margaret against Regina, who is out for revenge and has made it her mission to kill Mary; and Henry, fed up with all of the feuding, devises a plan to put an end to magic. Meanwhile, Regina discovers that a father and son have somehow found their way into her allegedly undetectable town as she and the fairytale characters deal with the effects of the newly cast curse 28 years prior, on “Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, MARCH 17 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.

“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Colin O’Donoghue as Hook, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Meghan Ory as Red Riding Hood/Ruby, and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold. < Guest starring are Raphael Sbarge as Archie Hopper/Jiminy Cricket, Jamie Dornan as Sheriff Graham/Huntsman, Tony Amendola as Geppetto/Marco, Michael Raymond-James as Neal Cassidy, Beverley Elliott as Granny, Jarod Joseph Billy, Ethan Embry as Greg Mendell, Benjamin Stockham as Owen Flynn, John Pyper-Ferguson as Kurt Flynn and Steve Makaj as captain. “Welcome to Storybrooke” was written by Ian Goldberg & Andrew Chambliss and directed by Dave Barrett.

Promo #1

Promo #2

Sneak Peek #1

Sneak Peek #2

Sneak Peek #3

Sneak Peek #4

Sneak Peek #5

Last edited by eclectic1 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:22 pm; edited 6 times in total
    Share this post on: reddit

obsessedwithOUAT

Post Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:14 am by obsessedwithOUAT

Ranna156 wrote:maybe because Cora's heart wasn't in her at the time of all her evil doings?

Perhaps, and I hope so. It would be good to see Regina's... :-)
    Ranna156

Post Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:11 am by Ranna156

maybe because Cora's heart wasn't in her at the time of all her evil doings?
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:56 pm by obsessedwithOUAT

Not for nothing but how is it Snow's heart has a small spot and Regina says it will spread and blacken, but Cora's heart was all glowy red??
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:29 pm by obsessedwithOUAT

Yeah the things being delivered for Emma bothered me at the time, too. I can't help but think it's yet another slip-up by the writers.
    Ranna156

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:19 pm by Ranna156

you know its all still confusing to me. henry somehow got on a bus to Boston. Emma had her things delivered...so maybe it was more like Regina could 'hide' SB when she wanted to...how did she know that Owenwould come there on that day and at that time to be standing there on the other side of it????
    Shekinel

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:40 pm by Shekinel

obsessedwithOUAT wrote:
    rra615 wrote:
    obsessedwithOUAT wrote:

Good point on the light sabres and his Star Wars ring tune. As for seeing SB, this answers the question as to why strangers don't come and go from there. They don't see it. This also answers why Greg drove the way he did when he returned: he couldn't see anyone before he crossed over the town line, crossed, and then immediately swerved.

okay i get that, but why could emma see the welcome to storybrook sign when she drove henry back in the pilot and why could august ride in on his motorcycle?

I think with August that's a big clue about the book, or at least that he'd had contact with someone in the town. You're right: based on what we know he probably shouldn't be there since he escaped the curse (unless FTL people can see it regardless of the curse?). Emma was with Henry, so I think that got her in? Otherwise, I think FTL people, regardless of where they were when the curse hit, can see SB. That's my only guess but I'm certainly not 100% on that.
    - Reposting again my theory xD -
    I was asking myself too about why couldn't Owen/Greg and the police see SB. My thought is that Owen and his dad found and actually could see SB because when SB arrived they were already in SB area. Once Owen crossed the border, well...couldn't see it anymore just like the police. And also by that time the curse was still not broken. The reason why Emma, August and Henry could see it? Well; August is from FTL(Pinocchio), Emma also is, even tho she was raised here in our world. And Henry, well he was born here but his parents are from FTL, wich to me make him special in someway too, plus he is the grandson of Rumple,Snow,Charming and the son of the curse-breaker xD. So maybe only those connected somehow to FTL could actually see it. And us, normal-earth-humans, couldn't because of the curse. Thats what makes sense to me for now o.O

Also i think Owen/Greg could see SB because when he came back as an adult, the curse was broken =)
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:16 pm by obsessedwithOUAT

rra615 wrote:
    obsessedwithOUAT wrote:

Good point on the light sabres and his Star Wars ring tune. As for seeing SB, this answers the question as to why strangers don't come and go from there. They don't see it. This also answers why Greg drove the way he did when he returned: he couldn't see anyone before he crossed over the town line, crossed, and then immediately swerved.

okay i get that, but why could emma see the welcome to storybrook sign when she drove henry back in the pilot and why could august ride in on his motorcycle?

I think with August that's a big clue about the book, or at least that he'd had contact with someone in the town. You're right: based on what we know he probably shouldn't be there since he escaped the curse (unless FTL people can see it regardless of the curse?). Emma was with Henry, so I think that got her in? Otherwise, I think FTL people, regardless of where they were when the curse hit, can see SB. That's my only guess but I'm certainly not 100% on that.

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:07 pm by rra615

obsessedwithOUAT wrote:

obsessedwithOUAT

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:57 pm by obsessedwithOUAT

rra615 wrote:i'm sorry i missed out on the convo last night! i didnt get back to watch it until early this morning on abc.go.com

i knew that owen was greg like two minutes in because he said the red and green gimp lanyards look like luke and darth's light sabors! and agreed with 80's fashion, but they did put ad's around town that were 80s and the reagan headline as well.

what i thought was strange- how come the police couldn't see them in storybrook at the end? like it didnt exist and there was a magic fortress.. but henry could come and go, and emma came in to town, and august did? either that was a mistake or we'll find out why later.

wendydarling76

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:08 pm by wendydarling76

Ranna156 wrote:
    wendydarling76 wrote:
    obsessedwithOUAT wrote:Well, turns out Greg IS Owen!

It should be interesting to watch that play out.

Meanwhile, this was a great episode except for the small detail of completely failing to style half the town in 80's clothing. They're losing me. I think I'm out for season 3.

I noticed that too but I just pretended that since Regina is the queen she knew what the future fashion was and opted out of the 80s nightmare fashion choices and big hair! I don't know about you but if I could have skipped the 80s stirrup pants, ugly sweaters, leg warmers, etc I probably would have too. Especially when I look back at my preteen pics! Yuck!

hahahhaahahhahahah laughing too hard...other than some high bangs i have always tried to go for a 'classic' look so when i look back at pics you can't really tell what decade it is...ok nevermind...i admit i did succumb to tight rolled jeans for a bit and shoulder pads! But i have a long neck so shoulder pads were ok on me! Wink

Oh my! I had forgotten tight rolled jeans with Keds!
    Shekinel

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:45 pm by Shekinel

I was asking myself too about why couldn't Owen/Greg and the police see SB. My thought is that Owen and his dad found and actually could see SB because when SB arrived they were already in SB area. Once Owen crossed the border, well...couldn't see it anymore just like the police. And also by that time the curse was still not broken. The reason why Emma, August and Henry could see it? Well; August is from FTL(Pinocchio), Emma also is, even tho she was raised here in our world. And Henry, well he was born here but his parents are from FTL, wich to me make him special in someway too, plus he is the grandson of Rumple,Snow,Charming and the son of the curse-breaker xD. So maybe only those connected somehow to FTL could actually see it. And us, normal-earth-humans, couldn't because of the curse. Thats what makes sense to me for now o.O

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:05 am by rra615

i'm sorry i missed out on the convo last night! i didnt get back to watch it until early this morning on abc.go.com

i knew that owen was greg like two minutes in because he said the red and green gimp lanyards look like luke and darth's light sabors! and agreed with 80's fashion, but they did put ad's around town that were 80s and the reagan headline as well.

what i thought was strange- how come the police couldn't see them in storybrook at the end? like it didnt exist and there was a magic fortress.. but henry could come and go, and emma came in to town, and august did? either that was a mistake or we'll find out why later.
    Ranna156

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:48 am by Ranna156

wendydarling76 wrote:

Meanwhile, this was a great episode except for the small detail of completely failing to style half the town in 80's clothing. They're losing me. I think I'm out for season 3.

I noticed that too but I just pretended that since Regina is the queen she knew what the future fashion was and opted out of the 80s nightmare fashion choices and big hair! I don't know about you but if I could have skipped the 80s stirrup pants, ugly sweaters, leg warmers, etc I probably would have too. Especially when I look back at my preteen pics! Yuck!

hahahhaahahhahahah laughing too hard...other than some high bangs i have always tried to go for a 'classic' look so when i look back at pics you can't really tell what decade it is...ok nevermind...i admit i did succumb to tight rolled jeans for a bit and shoulder pads! But i have a long neck so shoulder pads were ok on me! Wink
    wendydarling76

Post Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:05 am by wendydarling76

Ranna156

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:51 pm by Ranna156

oh i hope you stay around for 3! But i definitely agree on the clothing...totally not 80's! and also wasn't the mayors place being reconstructed when Emma arrived? looked just like it always does. I didn't see a single shoulder pad...but i did like the Reagan headline! Wink
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:28 pm by obsessedwithOUAT

Well, turns out Greg IS Owen!

Ranna156

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:57 pm by Ranna156

lol that should be interesting...I guess this officially is the beginning of the Dark Snow! affraid
    eclectic1

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:55 pm by eclectic1

Ranna156 wrote:Well Eclectic you were right Regina DID take Snow's heart! But she didn't crush it and actually gave it back! haha

Thx... Wink

So, now we'll see Snow's journey to "un-darken" her heart and save her family!!! lol!
    Ranna156

Post Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:32 pm by Ranna156

Well Eclectic you were right Regina DID take Snow's heart! But she didn't crush it and actually gave it back! haha
    Ranna156

Post Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:23 pm by Ranna156

yeah not sure i would...maybe Emma can do it?
    LZenOUT

Post Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:05 am by LZenOUT

Ranna156 wrote:ok Sneak Peek 5 is making me think that Snow has her heart removed and 'hidden' so that Regina has nothing to take! Anyone else thinking that?
    That would be clever, but would you trust Rumple to do that? I guess if you were desperate enough...
    Ranna156

Post Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:56 am by Ranna156

ok Sneak Peek 5 is making me think that Snow has her heart removed and 'hidden' so that Regina has nothing to take! Anyone else thinking that?
    Shekinel

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:13 pm by Shekinel

True!It was assumed, i mean, Rumple assumed too that it meant Henry. It could be Henry... it can even be Bae! For Rumple Bae will always be his boy, to a father/mother their child will always be a kid so...Or maybe there is another boy around... Who knows with this writers xD!
    Ranna156

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:42 pm by Ranna156

Got assumed and was definitely implied but not definite! Wink
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:22 pm by obsessedwithOUAT

Ranna156 wrote:oh yeah...i am thinking this 'son' of the 'father & son' who show up to SB somehow in 1983 is that guy currently in the hospital all grown up now.

I like this.. Also is it 100% that it's Henry who is the undoing? OR did that just get assumed?

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:19 am