Chat Once Upon a Time!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chat Once Upon a Time!

Welcome to Chat Once Upon a Time!, a chat site dedicated to the ABC hit show Once Upon a Time. This site aims to provide fellow Oncer fans a place to openly discuss & share anything & everything OUAT!

TIP: The chatbox is ONLY viewable to members. Try registering as a member if you would like to join our live chats every Sunday starting at 8:00 pm EST!!! magicprice

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatOUaT Tweets

Quickies!

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 Suggestionbox01 New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 Howtos

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 VisitSB

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 EclecticsSpoilers New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 EsSpoilChat

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 Sitemap02

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 Abcsite001

Get Ready to RUMPLE!!!

Poll

who do you think Lilly's Father is?
New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_lcap31%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_lcap8%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_lcap15%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_lcap8%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_lcap0%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_lcap31%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

OUaT Tweet Time

+7
eclectic1
cuddlyasatiger
Ranna156
Shekinel
rra615
obsessedwithOUAT
LZenOUT
11 posters

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady

Poll

Neal Cassady IS Henry's father....AND???

[ 4 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_lcap8%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 14 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_lcap26%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [26%] 
    [ 6 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_lcap11%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 3 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_lcap6%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [6%] 
    [ 6 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_lcap11%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 1 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_lcap2%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [2%] 
    [ 10 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_lcap19%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [19%] 
    [ 5 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_lcap9%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [9%] 
    [ 2 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_lcap4%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 2 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_lcap4%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 I_vote_rcap [4%] 

Total Votes: 53
    Poll closed
    LZenOUT
    LZenOUT

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 Empty New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady

Post by LZenOUT Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Peter Pan. He has an indian dream-catcher on the wall by his window and a number of other amerian indian style amulets (for lack of a better word) hanging near the door. He knows about the curse enough for someone to send him a message that it's broken yet he's so young. That leads me to think that he doesn't age. If he's not Peter Pan, I'd be very surprised.
    Shekinel
    Shekinel

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 Empty Re: New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady

Post by Shekinel Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:12 pm

Totally agree with the molding shoes!!
    rra615

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 5 Empty Re: New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady

Post by rra615 Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:52 pm

obsessedwithOUAT wrote:So Ranna, are you ditching PP and Henry's dad and going with butterfly/caterpillar from WL and Henry's dad?

Yeah... shoes/molds whatever. You ladies got what I was looking at. So you agree they look like they could have molded PP's shoes?

i agree they could've molded his shoes. from my memory they looked more like a fairy tale or shoes of an older time, so they definitely could've molded PP's shoes
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:46 pm

So Ranna, are you ditching PP and Henry's dad and going with butterfly/caterpillar from WL and Henry's dad?

Yeah... shoes/molds whatever. You ladies got what I was looking at. So you agree they look like they could have molded PP's shoes?
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:33 am

ok i have updated the poll options...apparently you can't add more than 10 options!
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:27 am

Agree - I definitely think he is Henry's father...and after reading the real Neal Cassady's bio who I think this Neal is named after I can't help but think his 'FTL' identity is someone from Wonderland...maybe the caterpillar dude thing...'who are you'....!!!!bwhahahaha...WE SAW HIM already!

That is it...That is my theory...he is Henry's father and the caterpillar!...and remember the first promos...they had a butterfly...hahaha we have seen his father from episode 1!!!!

Kind of kidding and kind of not...really am sticking to this theory until i come up with something better! Wink

Last edited by Ranna156 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:47 am; edited 1 time in total
    rra615

Post by rra615 Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:50 am

they do look like actual cobbler shoe-molds, not shoes, but they look like they could mold peter pan's shoes or shoes of a fairy tale character.

i think he definitely has to be henry's dad after reading that link from the spoilers, unless thats "too obvious". reading some background info on neal cassady and seeing as to what episode he comes back in, he sounds like the perfect match to the man that emma dropped subtle hints about last season.
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:40 am

obsessedwithOUAT wrote:Ok. Can someone look at the shoes on the wall in Neal's apt and compare them to the ones that Pan wears and tell me what you think?

I don't think they are shoes...I think they are actual cobblers molds for shoes...have no idea what the proper term is...
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:59 am

Ok. Can someone look at the shoes on the wall in Neal's apt and compare them to the ones that Pan wears and tell me what you think?
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:32 am

There are SO many ways it could go. I just posted a small novel in Neal's character bio.

Long and short: if he's not the author, I'm with PP/Henry's dad.

I either nailed it with the author or I overthought on all the clues (tried to make them all fit instead of thinking the point of them all was to direct us to think of him as a FTL character). If he's not the author, PP must be it. If Hook isn't the dad, I'd be shocked if it isn't Neal.

Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:57 pm

haha not going there...but DAMN so many references...I think this guy might be from WL...and i think that cuckoo janitor might be from there as well...maybe there is a whole gang of them from WL...ugh

There is too much material out there...it can go in so many ways!
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:53 pm

Wait - and Kerouac was a writer. HE'S THE AUTHOR!!! cheers LOL
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:51 pm

The wikipedia write up on him is even more interesting...i put it in the bio for him...you can find Neal in the minor characters...
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:45 pm

Ranna156 wrote:very interesting stuff obsessed! however i am thinking his name is after a real person...like August Booth was named after a real person...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2011/jan/18/beat-poets-cassady-kerouac-ginsberg

You know, I might have found that if I hadn't googled "nell casiddy" instead of "neal cassady". I'm exhauseted. LOL

Great find. I'm inclined to agree. I'll say this: if he's named for him AND his character (like character on the show and moral character) is like him then OOOOOOOOOOOH does that add to camp "Henry's Dad". Car theif - we've been dropped hints that Emma was locked up for stealing. We don't know this, but we guessed last season (after True North) that Henry's dad might have been married. That would fit, too.

SOOOOO that pokes BIG holes in my "Hook is Henry's dad" theory if it's the case.
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:11 pm

very interesting stuff obsessed! however i am thinking his name is after a real person...like August Booth was named after a real person...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2011/jan/18/beat-poets-cassady-kerouac-ginsberg
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:06 pm

http://www.cassidyclan.org/cassidys.htm

This is a great site for the surname Cassady. It shows the surname belongs to a clan with history as doctors, priests/scholars, and poets.
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:03 pm

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/meaning/1/Cassady

This is Cassady as a boy's first name. Irish again, and meaning curly-headed, clever, ingenious.
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:01 pm

A bit about Cassady, the motto is most interesting:

Thou may'st bend but shall not break me.

http://www.houseofnames.com/cassady-family-crest

Also Irish in origin.
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:58 pm

Meaning of "Neal":
    http://babynamesworld.parentsconnect.com/meaning_of_Neal.html

Uncertain, possibly champion or cloud.

Origin: Gaelic
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:49 am

rra615 wrote:
    cuddlyasatiger wrote:I was looking at the Easter Eggs for "We Are Broken", and there's a ton of Shakespeare. And I realized I had left out an entire category of possible "classic" characters.

what are some shakespeare easter eggs that you have found?

I think she got them from here:

http://beta.abc.go.com/shows/once-upon-a-time/blogs/storybrooke-secrets/secrets-episode-202-we-are-both

ABC is still doing secrets pages I guess only they are under the 'blogs' heading now!

they also started a chat forums area but it isn't as nice as a site that IS a chat forum...like this one!

I think that is the problem with some of those big websites...they aren't really set up to be a chat place (or at least a decent place where you comments don't have to go through a moderator and you can personalize your avatar and signature etc...post links to spoilers!) but then they try and it seems to not work so well...
    rra615

Post by rra615 Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:13 am

cuddlyasatiger wrote:I was looking at the Easter Eggs for "We Are Broken", and there's a ton of Shakespeare. And I realized I had left out an entire category of possible "classic" characters.

what are some shakespeare easter eggs that you have found?
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:26 pm

If it isn't the author I go back to White Rabbit, then PP. But I really think author. I still think the key thing is the desk without the typewriter, and I think that the typewriter is possibly the one August had.
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:31 pm

obsessedwithOUAT wrote:I think they said we'd slowly find out and that we'll know by Christmas break. I still say author. I'm so beyond confident. Now, I'm not saying the author can't be someone else too but definitely author.

What we might end up with here is a repeat of the Stranger scenario where some of us were like "He's the 7 year old" and Ranna was like, "He's Pinocchio" and turns out both were right.

Maybe he'll be the author and Bae or something? I stick with author. I see PP and White Rabbit as good guesses, though. The big thing I'm trying to make sense of is why did he sigh and look bummed out when the rain started? Maybe that will make more sense as we slowly learn more.

To clarify I thought he was BOTH the 7 year old boy who found her and Pinocchio. I was convinced that he had gotten in that wardrobe as well. I even remember having a lengthy discussion with LZ about it...please don't make me go find it in that mess on ABC pages! Wink haha

but I know what you mean and I think a lot of people will be right on at least one count.

I think he is Henry's father and I also think he has a FTL counterpart. At this stage there were too many things in his apartment that pointed to different stories and any theory at this point is essentially pulling names out of a hat (imho)...I have seen good cases made for white rabbit, peter pan, and Rump's helper...hahaha.

I still think there is going to be more to that book than 'oh soandso wrote it'...it had a very specific purpose in its existence and I don't think it was by chance that somebody decided to write it...I am convinced magic had a part in it. I think either BF or Rumplestiltskin most likely had something to do with it with Merlin (depending on who he ends up being and if we ever see him) as a potential 3rd option...
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:16 pm

I knew those names were characters of something but i didn't realize they were Shakespeare...since I never read those particular Shakespearean tales! Don't know why they just can't say Hamlet, Romeo, Juliet, Othello...those ones I know! haha
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:51 pm

LZenOUT wrote:
    obsessedwithOUAT wrote:The easter egg thing is totally over my head.
    Easter egg = something that is not obvious (hidden) but is meant to be found. Like the brand of Scotch used in OUaT is the same brand used in LOST. It's a LOST easter egg. You have to look pretty close to find it and will only recognize it if you've seen LOST.

AH! I didn't watch 'much' LOST. I saw season 1 on DVD but they lost me season 2 when they did something like 6 weeks of repeats. I do know some tidbits, but I only catch some stuff. :-)
    LZenOUT
    LZenOUT

Post by LZenOUT Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:22 pm

obsessedwithOUAT wrote:The easter egg thing is totally over my head.
    Easter egg = something that is not obvious (hidden) but is meant to be found. Like the brand of Scotch used in OUaT is the same brand used in LOST. It's a LOST easter egg. You have to look pretty close to find it and will only recognize it if you've seen LOST.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:42 am