Chat Once Upon a Time!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Chat Once Upon a Time!

Welcome to Chat Once Upon a Time!, a chat site dedicated to the ABC hit show Once Upon a Time. This site aims to provide fellow Oncer fans a place to openly discuss & share anything & everything OUAT!

TIP: The chatbox is ONLY viewable to members. Try registering as a member if you would like to join our live chats every Sunday starting at 8:00 pm EST!!! magicprice

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

ChatOUaT Tweets

Quickies!

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 Suggestionbox01 New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 Howtos

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 VisitSB

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 EclecticsSpoilers New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 EsSpoilChat

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 Sitemap02

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 Abcsite001

Get Ready to RUMPLE!!!

Poll

who do you think Lilly's Father is?
New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_lcap31%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]
New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_lcap8%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_lcap15%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 15% [ 2 ]
New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_lcap8%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_lcap0%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_lcap31%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 31% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 13

OUaT Tweet Time

+7
eclectic1
cuddlyasatiger
Ranna156
Shekinel
rra615
obsessedwithOUAT
LZenOUT
11 posters

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady

Poll

Neal Cassady IS Henry's father....AND???

[ 4 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_lcap8%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 14 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_lcap26%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [26%] 
    [ 6 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_lcap11%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 3 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_lcap6%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [6%] 
    [ 6 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_lcap11%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [11%] 
    [ 1 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_lcap2%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [2%] 
    [ 10 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_lcap19%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [19%] 
    [ 5 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_lcap9%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [9%] 
    [ 2 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_lcap4%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 2 ]
    New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_lcap4%New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 I_vote_rcap [4%] 

Total Votes: 53
    Poll closed
    LZenOUT
    LZenOUT

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 Empty New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady

Post by LZenOUT Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

Peter Pan. He has an indian dream-catcher on the wall by his window and a number of other amerian indian style amulets (for lack of a better word) hanging near the door. He knows about the curse enough for someone to send him a message that it's broken yet he's so young. That leads me to think that he doesn't age. If he's not Peter Pan, I'd be very surprised.
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 Empty Re: New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady

Post by Ranna156 Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:36 am

ha ha...i am stubbornly holding off on he is Henry's father & someone from WL!
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady - Page 4 Empty Re: New Character in NYC - Neal Cassady

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:53 pm

Well RH seems like a great guess if the guy was a thief. I'm stubbornly holding on to author! LOL
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:57 pm

I have to agree: WL and Cuckoo's nest. I can't believe I didn't think of it sooner (except I never saw cuckoo's nest) but it makes sense.
    intreatment420
    intreatment420

Post by intreatment420 Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:34 pm

rra615 wrote:this is going out on a long shot here, and obviously neal cassady is from FTL, knowing about the curse and everything but MAYBE he didn't realize emma was EMMA. maybe he wasn't sent there with the ultimatum of impregnating her to save the curse. maybe he is a portal jumper like jefferson and just happened to end up where emma was?

or maybe there was a greater force over him that sent him where he needed to go to meet emma specifically. i always knew henry's father had something to do with FTL but there is the possibility that he doesn't know who she is.
    I completly agree I don't think he knew who she was , it was probably just fate or chance that they crossed paths in the first place.
    cuddlyasatiger
    cuddlyasatiger

Post by cuddlyasatiger Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:09 pm

Ranna156 wrote:
    cuddlyasatiger wrote:I was looking at the Easter Eggs for "We Are Broken", and there's a ton of Shakespeare. And I realized I had left out an entire category of possible "classic" characters.

I knew those names were characters of something but i didn't realize they were Shakespeare...since I never read those particular Shakespearean tales! Don't know why they just can't say Hamlet, Romeo, Juliet, Othello...those ones I know! haha

I think (considering the names they did use) we're going to get some fairy stories later in the season!!! Maybe Nova and Grumpy will get back together - but that's an entirely different thread... Like a Star @ heaven

I'm still holding firm to Robin Hood. Thanks intreatment and Ranna for supplying some evidence for my wishful thinking. pirat
    Oh yea - the real Neal Cassady's group of friends called themselves the 'Merry Pranksters'. afro

As far as theories with evidence I'm in line with WL = Cuckoo's Nest.

I still say August has a connection to Oz and I think it's quite possible August (or BF) sent the note which lends to this guy being Oz. This would also fit in with my Dorothy/Alice theory and that Jefferson and August might eventually team up by mixing the WL and WoO. Maybe this guy is the key to that. Suspect

And I agree rra I don't think he knew Emma was EMMA. He better watch out for Charming! pale lol!
    rra615

Post by rra615 Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:18 am

this is going out on a long shot here, and obviously neal cassady is from FTL, knowing about the curse and everything but MAYBE he didn't realize emma was EMMA. maybe he wasn't sent there with the ultimatum of impregnating her to save the curse. maybe he is a portal jumper like jefferson and just happened to end up where emma was?

or maybe there was a greater force over him that sent him where he needed to go to meet emma specifically. i always knew henry's father had something to do with FTL but there is the possibility that he doesn't know who she is.
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:55 am

@intreatment - I like your choices for theieves as well!
    Spoiler:

I shy away from RH ONLY because I am holding out hope that Josh Holloway will be cast as that character...but he very well could be...

I also liked your Oz tie in...we have seen so many Oz references. I also watched that promo you posted and yes I agree MRJ does look like him! haha...also at one point i had this theory that the curse didn't bring everyone to SB because it was flawed (like Regina didn't actually kill the thing she loved most or something) and that it scattered people across the country...anyway that is another theory/parody long lost amidst the abc secrets pages mess...

The only thing really making me think WL is the tie to Cuckoo Nest...for some reason I think that was a big clue in the 'real Cassady' profile...

but damn you guys have some great ones!

PS i changed the white rabbit to be a 'thief' of one of the more well known thieves...once Tallahassee airs I think we will at least be able to narrow down part of him...don't think we will find out who his FTL counterpart is in that episode (you never know though)...but i can start a new poll with the part we don't know about him...
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:23 pm

well I can only have 10 in the poll haha...i can probably remove the ones with no votes and put in something else.

I still think he has ties to WL and possibly Jefferson and that Janitor...i think Jefferson might have ties tothe Janitor as well...whether they all met August at some point...wouldn't surpise me. I am pretty sure someone else remembered their past...just not sure if it was the BF or not...still think she might have just not sure if she did...
    eclectic1
    eclectic1

Post by eclectic1 Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:05 pm

intreatment420 wrote:Two theories , Aladdin , the only thief I can think of besides Robinhood , the other The Wizard of OZ, He was a wanderer , a con man, no magical powers just a regular man from our world that was able to travel between worlds, also the Land of Oz is relatable to the drug reference, hello poppy fields!!

ooooh, like Aladdin as well!!! Robin Hood/Aladdin....hmmmm...we know both are targeted by these writers! Cool

Personally, I like the Genie(Robin Williams fan)...but that's a whole other story!!! lol!
    intreatment420
    intreatment420

Post by intreatment420 Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:58 pm

obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:52 pm

intreatment420 wrote:I was looking around the web when I came across the Disney trailer for Oz the Great and Powerful , strangly enough the character of Oz and Neal Cassady, look alot alike ? Oz also introduced the mobile phone to the land of Oz, Was the scene where he dropped his phone a nod to that? and you want shoes how about Ruby slippers ?

Can you post a link to the site?
    intreatment420
    intreatment420

Post by intreatment420 Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:50 pm

I was looking around the web when I came across the Disney trailer for Oz the Great and Powerful , strangly enough the character of Oz and Neal Cassady, look alot alike ? Oz also introduced the mobile phone to the land of Oz, Was the scene where he dropped his phone a nod to that? and you want shoes how about Ruby slippers ?
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:31 pm

intreatment420 wrote:Two theories , Aladdin , the only thief I can think of besides Robinhood , the other The Wizard of OZ, He was a wanderer , a con man, no magical powers just a regular man from our world that was able to travel between worlds, also the Land of Oz is relatable to the drug reference, hello poppy fields!!

I think I'm digging intreatment's theories!

Anyhow, I've been noticing more of the 'shoe' stuff, too. It's also making me think more about PC saying,"If you want to live in a shoe, you can."

This is leading me to wonder if the 'thing that was a big hint' in Neal's apt was the shoe molds.
    intreatment420
    intreatment420

Post by intreatment420 Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:09 pm

Two theories , Aladdin , the only thief I can think of besides Robinhood , the other The Wizard of OZ, He was a wanderer , a con man, no magical powers just a regular man from our world that was able to travel between worlds, also the Land of Oz is relatable to the drug reference, hello poppy fields!!
    cuddlyasatiger
    cuddlyasatiger

Post by cuddlyasatiger Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:40 am

I have to put in that there have been LOTS of cobbler advertising (and not the blackberry kind! pirat) in the SB shots lately plus the cobbler forms hanging in the guy's apt. But I can't think of a fairytale cobbler other than the one w/ the elves and the one in "Dancing Princesses" Can anyone help?

There's this one but I doubt it has anything to do with it: The Cobbler's Awl
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:18 pm

Ranna156 wrote:
    obsessedwithOUAT wrote:

One thing about the orderly at the hospital: wasn't he Indian, like India Indian? Dream catchers are Indian like feathers not dots Indian. Not that the idea isn't a good one.

BAH.

No he was Indian like Native American Indian (where dream catchers came from)...just like in Cuckoo's nest...I think...

Oh OK. I couldn't really tell. OK well we'll go with it LOL
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:01 pm

obsessedwithOUAT wrote:

One thing about the orderly at the hospital: wasn't he Indian, like India Indian? Dream catchers are Indian like feathers not dots Indian. Not that the idea isn't a good one.

BAH.

No he was Indian like Native American Indian (where dream catchers came from)...just like in Cuckoo's nest...I think...
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:56 pm

Ack! I know what you mean about WL. I mean, I was convinced initially about either White Rabbit our author. Now I think PP or author. Hm.

Well the thing is yes: there is a great argument for WL connection (hence WR).

There's a great argument for NNL.

There's a great argument for author with ties to either, or both.

We need some more context I guess. Again for me, the question is how deeply to interpret what we saw in the apt.

BAH.

Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:28 pm

yes...to your beat question...
    rra615

Post by rra615 Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:25 pm

@ranna the way you described neal cassady sounds similar to dr. whale..hmm maybe they're friends

reading your merry band of misfit thieves, i thought immediately of pinocchio and the donkey-misfit boys on pleasure island.

robin hood had his merry men who were a group of "thieves" who stole from the rich and gave to the poor..not quite sure if that translates to neal.

weren't the real neal cassady's band of misfits the beat poets like jack kerouac?
    Ranna156
    Ranna156

Post by Ranna156 Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:57 pm

obsessedwithOUAT wrote:So Ranna, are you ditching PP and Henry's dad and going with butterfly/caterpillar from WL and Henry's dad?

Yeah... shoes/molds whatever. You ladies got what I was looking at. So you agree they look like they could have molded PP's shoes?

Honestly Obsessed I have no idea what to make of this guy other than I think he is Henry's father. Who his EF/other world identity is I can't even begin to guess...well yes I can.

Here are some thoughts i wrote down when i was at work today...(can't access this site anymore from work...the firewall blocks it).

I apologize ahead of time for the book and run ons but here is my brains thoughts puked out all at once:

@obsessed

Not sure what I really think. Also I never said I thought this mystery man was PP... I said there was evidence (items in his room) to support that theory as well as the White Rabbit etc. The only thing I thought about this guy was that he IS Henry's father. My previous vote was that he was Henry's father and someone else not mentioned here. My current vote is that he is Henry's father and someone from WL.

I think the confusion came in when I was referring to Baelfire as possibly being Peter Pan or a Lost Boy...i think...haha i throw down such random thoughts at times who knows...maybe i did say I thought this guy was PP...haha

I am kind of formulating something here from everything we know and all that I read up on Neal Cassady.

What we know about Henry's father:

The writers said waaayyyyy back at the begininning of season ONE that 'it is entirely possible that we may MEET Henry's father and not realize that we met him'

Henry's father was 'no hero'

Henry's father may or may not have liked pumpkin pie and he may or may not have been a firefighter.

Father never knew about Henry (or at least Emma never thought he knew).

Neal Cassidy (the real one):

Thief & fencer (not sword fencing...has to deal with theivery)...and especially liked to steal cars.

drugs....

womanizer & on at least 2 occasions was busted 'in bed' with another man by his second wife.

charming & highly intelligent...very likable fellow from what I could gather

was a family man....but also

Liked the fast life...and he also had his regrets about that

Spent time in New York

Was friends with the author of One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

there is another book associated either with him or one of his friends called 'Magic Trip'

One of his wives referred to him being like or being treated like 'a trained bear'

What we saw in Mystery Neal's apartment & other facts we know about him:

He knew about the curse
    He knows about SB
    He probably knew how it could/would be broken
    He knows someone in Storybrooke and that someone knows where he lives

Apparently there is SOMEONE in SB who knows him & may be working with him to some common end.

A hatter/cleaners sign
    monocle's
    a red hand
    record albums, radios, microphones, record player, cobbler mold shoes, a dream catcher...and who knows what else...
    most stuff looked old or antique type of stuff...he may be a collector of some sort...or dealer...or theif/fencer ...
    Maybe that stuff is valuable. There were a few items that pointed to possibly a WL reference

What pieces I have put together in my head to make a logical theory:

what stood out for me when reading the real Neal's bio is that he was a car theif, Cuckoo's nest, Magic trip, drugs, and something about a Merry Group...

the Magic Trip and drugs he did reminds me of WL because of all the 'drug talk' that is always surrounding it...Also reminds me of The Grateful Dead & 'what a long strange trip its been'... the Cuckoo's nest of course reminds me of the reference to Cuckoo's nest we saw with the janitor and the nurse

the sign that we saw that says 'Hatter & Cleaners' put cuckoo's nest and WL together for me.

The dream catcher IS an indian piece...and the janitor in cuckoo's nest was indian...he is also a CLEANER.
    There were a couple of items that could be references to WL as well. So the sign calling out BOTH cleaners and hatters I decided was the key to put Cuckoo and WL together...(WL is the Cuckoo's nest?...haha...i only ever saw parts of Cuckoo and even that was so long ago i should just say I never saw it)

Then I started thinking well?...what interaction have we seen between cuckoo characters and WL characters ...not much but Jefferson did walk by the cleaner without any issues. He drugged the nurse who was another cuckoo reference... and somehow he knew that code to get down there...how did he know it?

My thought is that there is a group of them (a Merry band of thieves/criminals/portal jumpers?...Jefferson was also a criminal back in FTL who had given up his previous life of crime). Maybe Jefferson made some friends while he was in WL or something happened or he was able to get in touch with old acquaintances/portal jumpers/another portal jumper when he came to our world. He makes maps too...

Anyway sorry for the book i guess i haven't really gotten that far in my thought process other than to NOW at this time think that most likely this guys character is from WL or at least has ties to people (hatters & cleaners) who have been there or are from there. Anyway i am going with he is Henry's father and his identity is that he is someone from WL or has connections to those cuckoos...haha maybe he is a drug dealer and that is where he gets his supply?

Picking the caterpillar as his character is kind of a joke but he would be the most unexpected person that we have already seen...unless of course his father really is one of those ogres Emma has dated! Wink

Afterthoughts:

He will be tied or have ties to several characters. Someone on here said this opening reminded them of Desmond Hume in LOST and I have to agree...and Desmond had ties to a lot of the characters...actually they all had ties to each other...

He either needed to come from somewhere they don't age or he came/got stuck etc to our world as a young child and has aged 28 years as well.

Stories with a 'gang' of boys are PP and Pinocchio that come to mind.

Robin Hood has the Merry band of something ...thieves? ...they were all men though weren't they?

That red hand might symbolize 'save the children or don't make children go to war' or something like that...

Oliver - that had a band of child thieves...although i don't know that they would bring anything from that story into this...i don't even think anything magical happened in it...it just popped into my head when trying to think of stories that had a bunch of child thieves...

There was a 'promo shot'...i think it was even on the ABC website of August and Jefferson in the same scene together...sooooo what is the story there...cut scene? deleted story arc? or shooting ahead of time for a scene or flashback to be shown later?

Someone set August up with a workshop.

August has never confirmed or denied if he was in SB before.

Really seems like there is something going on here behind the scenes...like Gold did the whole curse thing for one agenda, Regina cast the curse for her reasons, and it seems like there is this whole other faction with their own agenda...like maybe Rumples strings had been pulled from the very beginning of when he turned to the dark side and that maybe whoever wanted to manipulate Rumple they were also using others (like Pinocchio, MH, this newbie possibly) for reasons of their own and that the participants in it may or may not realize that their strings are being pulled and that they are inadvertently performing exactly to plan...someone we haven't seen yet...or maybe we have...someone really really dark...someone like the emperor from Star Wars...someone like... the Blue Fairy maybe...bwahahahaha...it always seems to be the last of something when she gives people a 'way out of FTL' too...starting to be just a little too fishy for me!
    rra615

Post by rra615 Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:25 pm

i hope we find out in tallahassee!
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:31 pm

Well shoot. The PP evidence is overwhelming.

Here's what it comes to: is all the non-PP stuff in there only meant to tell us that he's a fairy tale character and that's it? If so, I believe he's PP.

If the fairy tale stuff in the room all needs to fit into one puzzle and needs to all work with whoever he is then I can't see who he is other than the author.

Again, he could be both.
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:19 pm

I haven't seen PP since I was little. I went and looked at a couple stills last night. It could very well be. Also I didn't see anyone with monocles but Wendy's oldest bro had glasses that were round like two monocles connected (think Harry Potter).
    obsessedwithOUAT
    obsessedwithOUAT

Post by obsessedwithOUAT Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:16 pm

I should be more specific when I say 'author'. I don't know that he wrote all the stories, but my point is he's (author or otherwise) responsible for the book's existence. Does that make sense?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:24 am